What is the Best Scope Mounts For Remington 700? 🤔
⭐ The Remington 700 is a convenient American rifle for shooters, hunters, and law enforcement. This centerfire, bolt-action firearm features a sturdy platform, reliability at any conditions, and compatibility with various specific calibers 300 Blackout, 300 Win Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30-06, 7mm Mag, and .308.
V It comes without iron sights, it needs a scope that won’t restrict the shooter. The optics type and its mounts should be selected to fit the best personal specific needs. Read below the scope mounts review, and make your choice.
👌 Iron sights are a classical way to shoot, but more and more shooters are upgrading their rifles with a scope that allows them to extend the reach and enhance the accuracy of hard-to-place shots. Every scope should be selected a suitable mounting height. The lower the height of the optics mounting, the more accurate the shooting. High mounting results in more force and torque affecting the optic during the recoil, influencing the general scope’s life longevity as well.
- 🎯 Improved Accuracy: With a reliable and stable platform, it allows for more consistent shooting by holding the optics in place even with heavy recoil.
- 💪 Durability: Many of them are made from high-grade materials, ensuring a long-lasting performance even in tough conditions.
- 👁️ Enhanced Ergonomics: By allowing users to place the scope at a comfortable eye level, these mounts can improve the overall shooting experience.
- 🔄 Versatility: With the right variants, users can often switch between different scopes or sighting systems depending on their needs or hunting conditions.
- 🛡️ Protection: A good variant helps to protect the scope from damage caused by jarring or bumps, by securely holding it in place.
- ✅ Consistency: When it is securely mounted, it helps ensure that the reticle stays zeroed in, saving shooters time and ammunition.
- 🛠️ Ease of Installation: Many variants are designed for easy installation, allowing even novices to set them up without much hassle.
- 🎨 Customization: Can be selected based on a shooter’s specific needs, be it for long-range shooting, tactical applications, or hunting.
- 🛤️ Picatinny and Weaver Rails: These common rail systems allow for a wide array of optics and accessories to be mounted.
- ⏭️ Quick Detach Mechanisms: Some of them come with QD mechanisms, allowing for rapid mounting and removal of scopes.
- 🌡️ Anti-Cant Indicators: Ensuring the rifle and scope are level is critical for long-range accuracy. Some of them include built-in indicators to help the shooter maintain a level position.
- ✈️ Lightweight Design: Advanced materials like aluminum or specific alloys keep mounts lightweight without compromising on strength.
- ⚙️ Recoil Lug: Helps in distributing the recoil force over a larger area, providing an added layer of stability and protection for the optic.
- 🌀 Multiple Ring Sizes: Often come in various ring sizes (like 1 inch, 30mm, or 34mm) to accommodate different scope sizes.
- 🛁 Integrated Bubble Levels: Some modern variants include integrated levels to ensure perfect alignment when setting up the rifle and scope.
- 🔝 Adjustable Heights: This feature allows shooters to choose the best height for their shooting style and optic, ensuring a comfortable and efficient shooting position.
- 🛢️ Anodized Finishes: This provides additional protection against corrosion, wear, and environmental factors, extending life.
- 🔧 Torque Specs: Some of them come with specified torque settings, ensuring the optimum amount of pressure for secure attachment without damaging the scope or the rifle.
Guide to Choosing the Best Scope Mounts 📝
➡️ Here are some tips for choosing the best scope mounts for your rifle:
- 🛠️ Base Material: They are typically made from aluminum alloy, steel, or polymer. Aluminum alloy provides a good balance of strength and weight. Steel is very strong but heavier. Polymer is lightweight but not as durable.
- 🔧 Mount Type: Common types include rail mounts, ring mounts, and Picatinny mounts. Rail mounts attach directly to a rifle’s integral rail system. Ring mounts use rings that clamp around the scope tube. Picatinny mounts provide maximum flexibility and customization options.
- 🔍 Ring Height: Scope rings come in different heights, measured from the base up to the center of the ring. Medium and high rings work for most rifle and scope combinations. Use high rings if you need more clearance for large objective lenses.
- 🔩 Torque Specs: Follow the manufacturer’s recommended torque specs when installing scope mount screws. Under or over-tightening can cause shifting or damage. Use an inch-pound torque wrench if possible.
- ✨ Lapping: Lapping the rings and base is an extra step that can improve consistency and maximize surface contact. It helps eliminate microscopic unevenness.
- 📏 Base Length: Choose the appropriate base length for your rifle’s receiver and intended use. Longer bases provide more stability for powerful recoiling rifles. Shorter ring-spacing works for lighter setups.
- 🏆 Reputation: Stick with proven mount manufacturers like Leupold, Burris, Warne, and Weaver for guaranteed quality and reliability.
The key is matching the right mount design and height to your rifle and scope. Invest in good-quality mounts for a solid long-term setup.
Scope Mounts For Remington 700 Review | Best 🚀 Scope Mounts For Remington 700
#1 Leupold Backcountry Remington 2 Piece Mount
It is specifically tailored for the Remington 700, a testament to its precision engineering. This 2-piece mount is 0 MOA, meaning it’s designed for shooting at relatively close to medium distances where bullet drop compensation isn’t as critical. This makes it ideal for hunters and shooters who prioritize quick target acquisition over long-range adjustments.
One of the standout features is its construction from a single piece of 7075-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum. This not only ensures its strength and durability but also guarantees that it remains lightweight, a crucial factor for those who are conscious about the overall weight of their firearm setup. The matte finish adds a touch of elegance and ensures that it doesn’t give off any unwanted reflections that might give away your position during a hunt.
#2 DNZ Remington Riflescope Mounts for Remington 700
Crafted with meticulous attention to detail, it is designed to offer a rock-solid platform for your optics. Made from high-quality materials, it ensures that your scope remains firmly in place, even under the most challenging conditions. This stability is crucial for maintaining accuracy, especially when engaging targets at varying distances.
One of the standout features is its compatibility with the Remington Model 7. The 30mm rings provide ample space for most scopes, ensuring a snug fit without any wobble.
Furthermore, the mount’s design ensures that it sits at the perfect height, allowing for a comfortable and natural cheek weld. This ergonomic design ensures that shooters can maintain a consistent and stable shooting position, which is vital for accuracy. The mount also boasts a sleek and streamlined appearance, adding a touch of elegance to your firearm setup.
#3 Trijicon AccuPoint Remington 700 Long Action 7in
Specifically designed for the Remington 700 Long Action, ensuring a seamless fit and impeccable performance. Constructed from high-strength 4140 steel, it is not only durable but also offers the robustness required for rigorous shooting activities. Its full 7-inch 1913 Picatinny rail design provides ample space for mounting various optics, ensuring versatility and adaptability for different shooting scenarios.
One of the standout features is its ambidextrous design, making it suitable for both right and left-handed shooters. This inclusivity ensures that every shooter, regardless of their dominant hand, can benefit from the precision and stability offered by this product. The 3 Mil-spec Anodized Matte Black finish not only adds to the aesthetic appeal but also provides an added layer of protection against the elements.
Compatibility is a significant factor when choosing a scope base, and Trijicon ensures that this product is compatible with all mil-spec products. This compatibility ensures that shooters can pair this base with a wide range of optics without any compatibility issues. The package includes the rail and five #6-48 mounting screws, ensuring that users have everything they need for a hassle-free installation.
#4 Talley Riflescope Mounts for Remington, Browning, Winchesters and More
Constructed with the utmost attention to detail, it is made from high-grade alloy, ensuring durability and longevity. This material choice ensures that the mount remains lightweight without compromising on strength, a balance that is crucial for maintaining the firearm’s balance and ensuring accurate shots. The mount’s design ensures a seamless fit with the rifle, providing a stable platform for optics and ensuring that they remain in place even under the most demanding conditions.
One of the standout features is its anti-cant indicator. This feature ensures that the rifle remains level, preventing any potential inaccuracies that can arise from a tilted rifle. This level of precision is crucial for long-range shooting, where even the slightest deviation can result in missed shots. The mount also boasts a unique vertical split design, which not only enhances its aesthetic appeal but also ensures a more secure grip on the scope.
The black anodized finish not only adds a touch of elegance but also provides an added layer of protection against corrosion and wear. This finish ensures that the mount retains its pristine appearance even after prolonged use, making it a worthy investment for any shooter.
#5 DNZ Products 215 Tactical Scope Mount
Crafted with meticulous attention to detail, it is made from top-grade aluminum, a material known for its strength and lightweight properties. This ensures that the mount does not add unnecessary weight to the firearm, maintaining its balance and ensuring ease of handling. The design is such that it offers a perfect fit with the rifle, eliminating any potential wobble or movement, which can affect accuracy.
One of the standout features is its height. At 2.15 inches, it provides the shooter with an elevated platform, ensuring a clear line of sight and preventing any potential obstructions. This elevation is particularly beneficial for tactical shooters who often find themselves in dynamic environments where a clear view is crucial.
The black anodized finish not only adds a touch of sophistication but also provides an added layer of protection against the elements. This ensures that it remains free from corrosion and wear, even after prolonged exposure to harsh conditions. The precision machining ensures that it offers a snug fit with the scope, preventing any potential movement and ensuring that the optics remain firmly in place.
#6 Wheeler Engineering 1-PC Rem 700 LA Scope Mount
It is meticulously crafted from 661 aluminum, a material renowned for its strength and lightweight properties. This choice of material ensures that it offers robustness without adding undue weight to the firearm, thus maintaining its balance and ease of handling. It is designed to provide a perfect fit with the rifle, eliminating any potential for wobble or misalignment, which can compromise accuracy.
One of the standout features is its swing-out anti-cant level. This feature ensures that the scope rings are always perfectly aligned every time you install the scope. Such precision is crucial as it eliminates any potential for inaccuracies that can arise from misaligned optics. Moreover, the mount is milled in a manner that prevents any damage to your rifle or its receiver during installation, ensuring that the mounting process is smooth and hassle-free.
It comes with a sleek black anodized finish, which not only adds a touch of sophistication but also offers protection against the elements. This finish ensures that remains resistant to corrosion and wear, even after prolonged exposure to harsh conditions.
How To Instal Scope Mount at Remington 700 ⚙️
- ✔️ Apart from the rifle, scope with its mounting base (not required on some rifles) and rings, prepare necessary tools: screwdriver, Allen or Torx Wrench, small level, as well as a degreaser, gun oil, and removable thread-locker (not Red Loctite or a permanent one).
- ✔️ Clean Mounting Surfaces by removing any dirt or grease to provide a full seat of the scope base onto the rifle. You can unscrew the receiver top to degrease each screw hole, using a duly-sized screwdriver not to damage the receiver.
- ✔️ Secure the rifle in a vise. Place the level on the receiver top and adjust the firearm as necessary.
- ✔️ Before mounting the base to the Remington 700, add a few drops of gun oil on the contact surfaces to prevent rust from forming between the scope base and receiver. It’s better to put a thread-locker to the screw threads to prevent wiggling loose of the screws because of the recoil over time. Then soft tighten down the base, the screws should not jut or hit the bolt while visually and manually checking the receiver and inside the action.
- ✔️ Attaching the scope rings: arrange all screws and extra parts, mount the bottom of the rings first, then test-fit the scope before adding the top ones. For the Picatinny base push the rings far forward against the closest rail while tightening the screws to ensure a full seat against the rail, and not move during the recoil. While installation, it’s necessary to put the scope closer to the middle of its windage range, when the rifle is zeroed. Such range provides the scope with the best performance and more correction potential for ammo alteration and wind. Attach the scope into the rings’ bottom set far enough away from the objective bell and the adjustment turrets to have a place to regulate if necessary. After defining good clearance with the rings, put a thread-locker and hand tighten the screws down, without torquing them, as eye relief will be required.
- ✔️ To avoid seeing the black halo through a rifle scope, set the eye relief duly. Shoulder the rifle with the eyes closed, feeling a comfy spot to rest a cheek on the stock comb, then open eyes, find needed eye relief, and set the right distance. It can be helpful to change a bit of scope ring placement or to get a little more or less wiggle room.
- ✔️ After setting the eye relief, level the scope: put the level on the center turret, adjust the scope until the reticle is perpendicular and parallel to the bore, and tighten all ring screws. Leveled reticle allows accurate compensation for windage and elevation if needed in the field.
- ✔️ Then correctly dial in the ocular focus to have a clear image of the scope reticle to prevent eye fatigue because of its incorrect adjustment.
- ✔️ After getting a clear reticle image, zero in a new scope setup.
⭐ The Remington 700 is compatible with many specific calibers, some of which deliver heavy recoil, affecting a low-price scope’s zero and overall accuracy. Correct selection of mounting altitude is also important for general rifle performance.
One-piece bases deliver scope stability, allow keeping on target for long-range shots, and are good for heavy scopes on hard-recoiling rifles, as they can be longer and even cantilevered off the base front. Two-piece scope bases are convenient for extra clearance when loading through the action on a bolt-action rifle even wearing gloves in the field. Due to size scope rings should ensure portability.
There are no trifles in equipping the rifle. If you are a hunter, a simple scope reticle (mil-dot, duplex, or a straightforward BDC (bullet drop compensating) will be appropriate. It’s better to choose reticle types, designed for a certain caliber usage, and facilitate windage adjustments and holdover. 💪
The Best Pick
Crafted from durable 7075-T6 aluminum, this mount ensures a lightweight yet robust platform for your optic. Whether you’re a dedicated hunter or a precision shooter, this mount delivers the stability and reliability you need for accurate shots every time.
The sleek matte finish seamlessly integrates with your firearm, enhancing its aesthetics. With a 0 MOA configuration, this mount provides the versatility to accommodate various shooting distances and bullet trajectories. Attach your favorite scope to this mount, and take your shooting capabilities to the next level.
Designed to elevate your precision and accuracy, this high-quality scope mount is a must-have for enthusiasts. Whether you’re a Remington, Browning, Winchester, or Ruger owner, it caters to a wide range of rifles.
The durable design ensures your scope stays securely in place, enhancing your shooting consistency. With easy installation and compatibility with various models, it’s the perfect choice for any shooting adventure.
Tags: scope mount for remington 700, best scope mount for remington 700, best one piece scope mount for remington 700, scope mount for remington 700 sps tactical
Tactical accessories are another passion of mine that I could write about endlessly - my house and garage are full of tactical gadgets, luckily my family shares my interests.
I'm infatuated with traveling that's why work at one place with a daily routine and standard schedule is not for me. I prefer copywriting and English tutoring as a freelancer. I live in a male family among constant talks about cars, guns, hunting, fishing, and, of course, dinosaurs 😊.
My husband is an obsessed hunter, and my two sons are fans of «Demolition Ranch» of YouTube blogger Matt Carriker. They are my best consultants about weapon and all-around ammunition topics. All together we share a love for adventures. Every camping or mounting hiking trip is a "small survival", giving irreplaceable experiences. Nothing can be better than the satisfaction of observing wild nature.
Motto: «Born in Ukraine, made is the USA».
Read more about our team of expert authors.
Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.