What is a military mess kit? 🧐
It is a set of eating utensils specifically designed for the military. They typically include a canteen, cup, and plate with several compartments to store food, as well as other items such as silverware or condiments.
Military mess kits are essential pieces of equipment for military personnel, providing them with a convenient and efficient way to prepare and store meals in the field.
- 💣 Durability is key when selecting a mess kit for military use, as it needs to be able to stand up to wear and tear in the field. This kit made of stainless steel or aluminum is typically more durable than other materials, as they are designed to resist rusting and corrosion. Additionally, look for a kit with reinforced seams and rivets that provide extra strength and support.
- 💣 Portability is essential when selecting a kit, as it needs to be able to be carried while in the field. Look for a mess kit that is lightweight and compact, so it can easily be stored or transported with minimal bulk.
- 💣 Versatility is also key when selecting a mess kit, as it needs to accommodate a variety of food items. Some kits with removable trays that allow you to separate utensils and ingredients, as well as containers that can withstand high temperatures and keep food warm while on the go.
- ⭐️ Benefits include being able to easily transport food and drinks without the need for bulky packaging or containers, enhanced convenience when packing meals for camping trips or outdoor adventures, as well as improved sanitation with the use of single-use utensils that can be quickly discarded after eating.
- ⭐️ Additionally, military mess kits come in multiple sizes so you can choose one that can accommodate your needs.
- ⭐️ Furthermore, many mess kits provide several compartments within them to store different types of food such as sandwiches, salads, and snacks. Not only do they help keep your food organized while on the go but they also reduce the risk of contamination since all items stay separated during transport.
- ⭐️ Finally, these kits are incredibly durable and made of heavy-duty materials that can withstand a variety of conditions. This means you can use them for years to come despite how much they are used or the type of environment it is exposed to during each outing.
How to use it? 🤠
Using a military mess kit can be intimidating if you’ve never used one before. However, with the right information and tips, you can easily make use of it to make delicious meals on the go.
- ☑️ When using your kit, always remember to practice safety first. Before using your kit for cooking, check for any signs of damage or wear and tear that could compromise its functionality and cause injury.
- ☑️ Once you are sure everything is in working condition, start heating water or other ingredients directly over an open flame or grill. Be sure not to put too much weight on the mess kit’s material as this may result in the warping or melting of the metal utensils.
- ☑️ When finished cooking, you can safely store your kit away in a dry and cool place. To clean it, use warm soapy water and a soft cloth or brush to remove any food particles. Be sure to thoroughly rinse the mess kit with hot water followed by cold water before drying completely.
TOP-10 Military Mess Kits | Best Army Mess Kit
1# UCO 4-Piece Camping Mess Kit with Bowl
The mess kit is made from durable reinforced glass nylon. Ideally, the plates come in three colors, and combine them as you like. A device where a fork and a spoon are connected is especially useful in those dishes when you do not know how to chop food or take it with a spoon. Also, this spoon or fork is tied to a plate holder so that you will not lose it. Plates have a logo, so you will not confuse them with others. This mess kit can be used for camping, backpacking, and scouting.it is very convenient to store food. Its parts get together well, so the food doesn’t spill around. It has 8 x 8 x 3 inches in size. The weight is about 0.6 pounds. The supplier gives a guarantee on the return of goods. This bowl is best for kneading salads. Thanks to the bright color, you will not forget it in the grass. The bowl and plate have rubberized grips on the bottom that help to prevent slippage on a tabletop while eating.
2# Stainless Steel Military Mess Kit
These mini pans are heavy enough to carry in your hands. it is great for grilling vegetables. The dishes are deep enough. It fits both vegetables and small soups. This metal kit includes 1 boiling pot with a lid, 1 frying pan with a locking handle, and 1 stainless steel plate. The parts of the kit are made of high-quality stainless steel. The copper bottoms help in uniform heat distribution. This kit can be called perfect travel cookware. All parts include a nylon mesh cover. This kit can be sized for any outdoor adventure. It can be put in your backpack, bag, or survival gear. The parts of the kit fold comfortably together. The set is suitable for large and small companies, is not afraid of an open fire, and is ideal for different products. The set goes well with other cooking supplies such as pots, pans, dishes, plates, bowls, and utensils. The pan can be placed on any hob.
3# Goetland Stainless Steel WWII US Military Mess Kit
This set is made in army style. The flask has an additional shell, which means that on the road it will not be scratched. Dishes are easy to disassemble from bowl to bottle. Therefore, it is so convenient to carry it everywhere with you. Bottle sizes are compact enough. Canteen Size is 5.1×3.1×7.3″, Cup Size is 5.2×3.1×3.9″. The package has been upgraded using a carton. This allows the product not to be damaged on the road. If the kit is accidentally damaged on the way, the supplier will be happy to help replace it. These jars are very reminiscent of the dishes that the military used during the Second World War.
4# REDCAMP 9/12/18/23 PCS Camping Cookware Military Mess Kit
In my opinion, this kit has very comfortable handles. They are bright red, so you can not worry, you will not forget this set. Glasses easily transform into pan holders. The convenient mesh allows you to wear this kit on a leash to a backpack. The mesh is strong enough to withstand the load. It is covered with an aluminum pot, which makes it easy to wash. It consists of parts and includes 9 pieces, 1 Frying Pan+1 Medium Anodized Aluminum Pot+2 Bowls+1 Survival Bracelet+1 Tool Card+1 Stainless Steel Folding Spoon+1 Loofah Sponge+1 Mesh Bag. The pack size is 6.7″x5.0″x5.0″/17x17x12.7cm. The supplier guarantees a 100% refund in case of breakdowns.
5# Stanley Adventure Army Mess Kit
The brand itself is very famous in America and Europe. It is perfect for outdoor cooking hot meals, coffee, or boiling water. For soups and stews, it comes with a vented top to let steam escape or strain liquid. This set can also be a great gift for the traveler. The handle is also easy to carry. The set has a strong external latch that allows you to keep it intact, disassemble it, and assemble it quickly. The coffee maker is made of 18/8 stainless steel. The kit is also equipped with two insulated ceramic portable 10oz/295mL tumblers. The total weight is 13.9oz. It had graduated marks going up to 20oz. The products from Stanley Resellers come with a lifetime warranty.
6# ROTHCO 3 Piece Canteen Army Mess Kit
It is the ideal gift for boy scouts. It can be used for one or more trips. It is believed that this kit is not washed well enough well. The appearance of the set is completely reminiscent of the military. The protective shell protects the flask well from damage. The aluminum bowl fits well under the bottle, making it easy to carry. A Felt Lined Polyester Canteen Cover is well stitched with threads, therefore it will not tear quickly. The Military Canteen Is ISO Certified. The measures are also attractive. The sizes are Top: 13.2cm x 8.55cm; Bottom- 11.6cm x 7.5cm; Height – 9.5cm. I think this bowl is exclusively for military conditions.
7# Mil-Tec German WWII Style 3-Piece Army Mess Kit
The set is conveniently disassembled into 3 vessels. The kit is made in the German military style. Internal coating made with aluminum. In no case should you put this cookware on fire, the external coating may be damaged. An external clap is not only a lock for closing but also support for the lid and the inner capacity. This set will be ideal for storing food. You can pour water or milk into it. But this is more an accessory than real travel assistance.
8# BeGrit Outdoor Kettle Canteen Aluminum Army Mess Kit
It is almost a great kit for travel. Unfortunately, the kit is not enough equipped. The spoon has an unreliable handle. The set can be used for traveling, camping, tour, and outdoor activities. The bowl is of a very good size, it not only serves as a stand for the bottle but also an additional capacity for other products. The spoon can easily be transformed into a fork, which is convenient for different dishes. There is an additional pocket on the protective shell where any trifle or mobile phone can fit. The aluminum cup can be placed directly on the fire. Unfortunately in this set, I do not see enough holders. Possibly you will need to wait for the bowl to cool off. EThe external coating is well-stitched
9# TargetEvo Stainless Steel Military Mess Kit
I don’t recommend boiling water with this set. Although they write that the bowl is made of steel, it is not so persistent. The set is made again in a military style. The latch is rough but durable. The weight of the kit is very light, the total is 1.1 pounds. Thanks to a protective cover it is convenient to take it with you. The heavyweight nylon bag has comfortable rivets. There are not enough external mounts for the backpack and clothes in this set. The canteen Size is 5.1×3.1×7.3″. Cup Size is 5.2×3.1×3.9″. Thickness is 0.24″. This product can be used for survival and outdoor adventures. Don’t forget to remove the cap and the chain of the canteen when heating, otherwise they will be damaged.
10# Rothco GI Type Steel Army Mess Kit
According to reviews, many buyers complain that this kit is produced in China. The handle in the pan is not the most convenient; when heated, you can burn your hand. It is necessary to take a rag or glove. Since the material is aluminum, it is easily heated. Many people also complain that products can burn out in a short period due to the thin surface.
Military Mess Kit Comparison ⌛️
Before you buy a mess kit, it’s important to compare the features of each one. Here are some questions to ask yourself when making the decision:
- 🚩 What type of food will you be preparing? Different kits come in different sizes and configurations, so it’s important to choose one that can hold enough food for the planned meals.
- 🚩 How long do you plan on using the mess kit? If you anticipate frequent use, look for a kit that is made with durable materials and designed to withstand wear and tear.
- 🚩 How much do you plan on carrying? The size can vary depending on its contents and how much food it is intended to carry. Some kits come with multiple compartments for keeping ingredients together while others are more compact for easy transport.
- 🚩 Not all mess kits are created equal and some may come with additional features such as a cooking surface or utensils. Pay attention to these details when selecting your kit to make sure it meets your needs for a great meal in any setting.
When it comes to finding the best military mess kit for your needs, there are a few key factors that you should consider. Durability, portability, and storage capacity are all important considerations when shopping for a new kit. With these tips in mind, we hope you will find the perfect model for your next adventure! 😎👍
Tags: #Military #Mess #Kit #Army #Camping #Hiking #Stainless #Steel #Best #German #Russian #French #USA
Shooted a hat of the neighbor in the country at the age of 4 with a miniature bow was the first successful step in studying military history. Fortunately, everyone survived. Coming on a date in adulthood, I surprised guys with my knowledge of knives, that’s often played a trick on me. No normal man likes a woman smarter than him.
Now it gives me special pleasure to simply study various sets and types of weapons, survival, and tactical gear on Amazon, OpticsPlanet, Cabelas, Brownells, and other stores, helping people choose exactly what they need.
At the same time, I show products with natural defects so that the user does not have an ideal picture of what is far from done. After all, no matter how many good reviews were written about the product, the true quality is always important when receiving a parcel.
Read more about our team of expert authors.
Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.
I’ve been searching for a cooking kit to bring with me on camping and hunting trips. I’m just looking for a budget-friendly option for a single person. Does anyone have any recommendations? I’m even considering using a stainless steel dog bowl as a substitute.
I’ve found that pie tins and stainless steel dog bowls make great plates for camping. You can even use regular cookware as long as it’s lightweight and non-coated. If you have a butane torch and some old wire coat hangers, you can even make handles for your cookware. I made a handle for my pot a few months ago and it works great – it’s become a staple in my camping kit.
What type of cooking are you planning to do during your outdoor trips? For my meals, I usually prepare rice and pair it with pre-made Indian food. I only need to bring a single spork for eating.
I highly recommend getting a Stainless Steel Military Mess Kit. I suggest opting for larger mess kits instead of smaller ones because it’s no fun to lose food or have to cook only part of a meal at a time. After all, the pot is too small.
Hello, I’m currently building my survival kit and I’m curious about including a mess kit. I already have an aluminum canteen/cup but I’m wondering if it’s worth the space to also carry a mess kit for cooking. Do you guys think it’s practical to include a mess kit? If so, do you have any recommendations for a specific brand or material?
I’m currently using a stainless steel canteen/cup combo. I think having a pot in a survival kit is a great idea. It serves multiple purposes and is very practical. I believe a good pot will work for everything from cooking to gathering berries to banging on to make noise or even as a digging tool. I would recommend the Stainless Steel Military Mess Kit.
As a parent of a son in Scouts who camp monthly, I need a good mess kit recommendation. I’m looking for a kit that includes a plate/bowl, cup, and spoon/fork but doesn’t necessarily have to include cooking vessels. The kit must be lightweight but also super sturdy.
There are reasonably priced metal mess kits available that will be a bit heavier than the plastic ones but will hopefully last much longer. For example REDCAMP 9/12/18/23 PCS Camping Cookware Military Mess Kit. Alternatively, you can create your mess kit by assembling different pieces.
As someone interested in outdoor activities, I have noticed that there are many different types of mess kits available, each with its advantages and disadvantages. When choosing, I want to find one that fits together well and is compact enough to pack easily.
As an outdoor enthusiast, my favorite Mil-Tec German WWII Style 3-Piece Army Mess Kit. This kit is compact and provides a boiling pot and cup with a handle that is perfect for my needs. Many countries have copied this design with slight variations post-war, so you can easily find one that fits your needs. One of the advantages of this mess kit is that it’s easy to carry.
I prefer using Stanley Adventure Army Mess Kit. I can attach it to the outside of my pack using a reproduction leather strap or some cordage.