What is a Garden Tower? 🧐
It is a revolutionary gardening system that allows you to grow up to 50 plants in just 4 square feet of space. It consists of a vertical tower with an integrated composting core, suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
A garden tower is a vertical garden that stands on its own, allowing you to conserve space while still enjoying the benefits of gardening. These towers come in all shapes and sizes, giving you the flexibility to create an outdoor living space that fits your particular situation. Here are some of the features:
- ☑️ Adjustable height: The height of such a tower is adjustable, allowing you to place it at whatever level is most comfortable for you.
- ☑️ Multiple levels: It can be expanded with multiple levels, giving you more space to grow plants and flowers. For those searching for an even larger garden area, some models feature extendable arms that allow additional levels to be added on top.
- ☑️ Self-watering system: Most towers come with a self-watering system that allows you to easily water your plants while conserving valuable resources.
- ☑️ Automated lighting: Some models include automated LED lighting that can be set to follow the sun, giving your plants the optimal amount of light for photosynthesis.
- ☑️ Modular design: Many towers feature a modular design, allowing you to easily configure them in any way that best fits your space.
A garden tower is a great way to maximize your gardening space and get more out of your outdoor area. Not only does it give you more room to grow, but the benefits of having are numerous. Here are some of the top benefits:
- ⭐️ Space Efficiency: Whether you live in an apartment or a home with limited space, having a garden tower can allow you to make the most of what you have. It’s an ideal solution for those who want to have a green thumb without taking up too much room in their yard.
- ⭐️ Water Conservation: With their multiple containers and self-watering system, such towers can help conserve water by using less than traditional planters and gardens. The soil stays moist longer and requires less frequent watering than other methods.
- ⭐️ Healthy Soil: They come with built-in soil aeration, which allows for better access to oxygen and drainage so that plants receive sufficient nutrients and moisture. This helps create healthier soil for your plants, as well as encouraging beneficial microorganisms that aid in plant growth.
- ⭐️ Versatility: Towers are highly versatile, allowing you to customize them according to your needs and preferences while also being able to easily move them around your yard or patio for optimal sun exposure or other factors.
- ⭐️ Maximum Plant Variety: As each container allows for individualized planting options, garden towers provide the opportunity for maximum plant variety within limited space.
Start seeds and transplant seedlings 🌱
It is a great way to enjoy fresh, healthy produce year-round. Before you get started, however, it’s important to know the basics of starting and transplanting plants on your garden tower.
- ➡️ First, choose a location in full sun for your garden. If you have limited space, consider planting in partial shade. Once you have chosen the right location for your garden tower, begin preparing the soil.
- ➡️ The best type of soil will depend on what types of plants you plan on growing. Most vegetables prefer well-draining soil that is high in organic matter.
- ➡️ Once you have prepared the soil, it’s time to start planting seeds or transplanting seedlings into your tower. When starting with seeds make sure to follow the instructions on the back of the seed packet for optimal success rates. For most vegetables and herbs, a depth of 1/2 inch to 1 inch works best when sowing directly into your garden tower.
- ➡️ If you are transplanting seedlings, be extra careful not to disturb their roots too much when removing them from their containers so that they don’t experience any shock from being transplanted into a new environment. Place the seedlings into your tower, making sure that they have plenty of room to grow.
- ➡️ Water your new plants with a gentle stream of water until the soil is moist but not soggy. Keep in mind that if you are starting seeds or transplanting seedlings during a particularly hot period, you may want to shield them from direct sunlight and provide extra water to keep them hydrated.
Best Tower Garden | Vertical Garden Planter
1# Garden Tower 2: 50-Plant Composting Container Garden
The most important thing for strategic production is autonomy. For efficient operation of the Garden Tower system, no additional communications (such as power supply) are needed. This vertical bed is a balanced ecosystem in which it uses every square inch to grow healthy crops rather than weeds. The interior turns food waste into compost and evenly saturates the soil with fertilizers and air.
Moisture is saturated with useful fertilizers and is collected in a special container and must be reused for efficient plant nutrition. Garden Tower 2:50 uses only environmentally friendly materials! The complex is made of UV-stable food-grade plastic HDPE). FDA-approved colorant and antioxidant packaging are used (non-toxic, BPA, and PVC plastic-free). Plants grown in the Garden Tower are truly natural and healthy! Try to imagine a situation where you, without getting up from your favorite chair, can plant a 6-square-foot garden bed! I would also say that this is fantastic, but Garden Tower 2 – makes it possible! Pour the prepared soil into the assembled frame and place your chair (or comfortable chair) near the tower.
2# Worm Factory Vertical Garden Planter
360 Worm Factory is a 4-channel autonomous bio-composting ecosystem. It collects food waste and turns it into a nutritious fertilizer for your garden and potted plants. Thanks to the standardized modular structure, the worm factory can expand to 8. Excessive height increase is not recommended due to the inconvenience and complexity of maintenance, but it is possible. To start composting with this system, you need to buy 1000 red wigglers. If you think it’s a hell of a lot, it’s not. More worms – more processing speed.
The system is designed so that the worms actively process 1-2 containers. After 2-3 months of coordinated work with your worm team, you will receive the first 2-3 halons of fertilizer. When the fertilizers are ready, the wiggers migrate to the upper container where there is much more food for them. Do not forget to add cut paper – worms love it very much and lay eggs in it. Newsprint is not so nutritious, and white paper is not so beautiful in the form of compost. How to make sure that your worm factory does not emit an unpleasant smell, how to care for worms in winter, and much more you can learn from training DVDs and materials.
3# Worm Factory 360 Vertical Garden Planter
Worm Factory 360 WF360B is an 18-square-inch continuous production of fertilizer for your plants. The very first container can be filled up to 50% with ordinary dirt, and crushed food waste should be placed on top. To avoid the appearance of fruit flies, it is necessary to cover the waste with coconut husk or cardboard. It might be a good solution to cover it with wet newsprint, but it depends on the climate in which you grow worms. To make the production as efficient as possible, you must never leave the window of comfortable temperatures (50F-90F).
It is very important! After all, worms need only one hot day (+ 100F) or a very cold to die forever. You can learn more about the diet and how to care for Worm Factory from the training DVD that you get in the kit. The seller prudently added pleasant little things to the kit, such as a hand tool and a thermometer for temperature control. All that remains for you is to send red wigglers to work around the clock. The factory has a very simple working principle. Weak legs do not allow to build of tall and compact towers with a lot of compost. If you make additional support – this problem will be also solved.
4# 5-Tier Strawberry Vertical Garden Planter
The rational use of small living spaces is a necessary measure. To get a big crop using 12 square inches – you can use a 5-level planter for strawberries and herbs from the best-seller Amazon. Install this tower does not need additional tools or training. Simply connect the grooves of the upper and lower pots creating a small tower. For indoor use, a small plate-shaped stand is included. When installing this vertical bed on the street – be prepared for gusts of wind. If the tower did not fall it needs to be strengthened. One of the options is to install a rigid rod no higher than 80 “and put it on all the tiers of the tower on it. The added earth will hide the presence of the rod, and after the plants grow the tower will turn into a green column. This can be used in garden design. The rest is an unpretentious design that solves a specific problem – the rational use of every inch of space.
5# 5 Tier Stackable Hydroponic Gardening Tower
Vertical Garden Indoor / Outdoor is a classic grass tower for growing strawberries, greens for salads, or flowers. The tower consists of a stand for collecting water and 5 plastic stacks that are filled with about 24 quarts or 0.75 Cu Ft of prepared earth. The concept of a tower is an advantage that imposes some limitations. Water always goes down, so the upper tiers always dry faster. If the amount of water is too large, the bottom stand will quickly fill with water and may not hold all the water. Sunny days will please only half of the tower. Depending on the geographical location, the level of the shadow zone will change. Wind days can show the real stability of this tower. Consider these features and this vertical garden will be able to please you with delicious vegetables and berries.
6# Amazing Creation Hydroponic Gardening Tower
This vertical garden bed can fool you with its modest appearance. If you are thinking of placing this “tower” on the windowsill, you should know that these are rather large rounded triangular containers of 12.5 “x 12.5″. When folded, the tower has a height of 24”. This will inevitably block the light from the window, which will make the room darker, and the plants on the dark side will be weak.
Another drawback of the vertical concept is the useless central space. If the tower is folded, only 3 protruding terraces will remain for planting the plants, and the central place is closed by the upper floor. This bed has small problems with the drainage system. Too small openings can clog and create water stagnation. If you expand them – most likely the water from the upper tiers will sink into the lower tiers.
A good way out of the situation is a separate horizontal installation of all containers. The problems of overflow, shadow, and empty central space will be solved and the unusual appearance of the “pot” diversifies the design of the backyard.
7# Large Vertical Gardening Stackable Planters by Mr. Stacky
This is a cascading vertical bed for growing berries, vegetables, herbs, and flowers. A very spacious bright orange tower resembles a coral reef and will be a worthy decoration for your garden. At the center of each seeder is a hole suitable for a 1-inch PVC pipe. This will help strengthen the “tower” from a strong crosswind and close the passage from spilling the dirt. This tower has slight problems with the drainage system.
Most likely, it will not work to water the bed only from above. The lower part may be thirsty while the upper part is drowning. It depends on the density and grain size of the dirt in which the plants grow. In addition, the design of the tower is designed so that the lower part of the terrace has a through-hole through which dirt can also pour. If you do not have time to clean a large amount of dirt – make a protective insert to fix this. When the root system of the plants of your vertical garden expands, this improvement can be removed.
8# Stackable Planter Vertical Garden for Vegetables
This is a good set for the beginning gardener and the experienced farmer. All tiers of the tower are made in a universal style and look like a three-leaf clover. The manufacturer recommends using a tower of 3 (or fewer) pots to make a hanging flower bed. This is caused by the heavy weight of the filled pot and the desire for safety for the gardener.
Each tier needs 15 cups of dry earth, with the addition of water it becomes really heavy. If the proposed options do not fit the design of the garden, each tier can be installed separately, like a horizontal bed. The use of this garden kit depends only on the gardener’s imagination and desire. In addition to the advantages, there are also small features that it is important to know for your plants to flourish.
The kit also includes 5 filters for use as a drainage fuse. Be careful with setting this feature. If the filter is too dense, the water will not be able to run away and the plants may drown. It is recommended to use an average transmission level and water on each terrace of each tier separately. If you have questions related to the properties of this product, the selection of plants, or a complete set – the seller will be happy to share his experience and will help you make the necessary calculations.
9# GreenStalk Patented Large 5-Tier Vertical Garden Planter
This is a big seeder with great features. Each of the 5 tiers has 6 conical pockets of sufficient depth to grow vegetables and even root crops! The main advantage of GreenStalk is its unique patented drip irrigation system. The gardener needs to pour water into the upper tank and the system will distribute moisture evenly across all tiers. There are no unreliable electric pumps – all the work is done by gravity.
To reduce the price of a garden seeder, the manufacturer made an offer with an additional stand on wheels separate. To order a company stand, you need to go to the manufacturer’s website and make a purchase there (this product is not on Amazon). The system performs well in terms of space efficiency while it looks like a tower. If the tower is strengthened with the help of additional guides, the number of floors can be increased to 10! The main thing is that it would be convenient for you to serve them.
When folding the seeders separately, all the advantages of the irrigation system are completely lost. Only one irrigation tank is included, which means that each block needs to be watered according to the type and condition of the plant. A good seeder with limited urban space. It will be convenient to place on the balcony and receive fresh juicy products without a store.
10# 6-Ft Raised Garden Bed Hydroponic Gardening Tower
Before that, we examined the “pillars” seeders, because they are very popular. But for the sake of objectivity, it must be said that there is another type of seeder – the concept of a bookcase. “Outland of Life” offers to buy one of these beds. The main difference is that long beds are arranged vertically, like a layer cake.
The advantage of this concept is the uniform distribution of sunlight across all beds on all floors. When comparing numerical values, a 6 square feet vertical garden bed has the same usable area as a 10 square footbed. The drainage system in all blocks is the same, with a small hole near the bottom at the edge of the bed. This small passage protects the beds from stagnation by letting water flow to the lower floors.
To dry the deck, you can plug the lower floor with a plug (included) or substitute a pallet. The whole structure does not look too bulky but is stable enough to do its job. This bed is produced at its factory in China. This gives complete control over production and the highest possible quality control. Customer service deserves special praise, as it cares about the happiness of each customer.
How to grow veggies in a vertical garden? 🥬
Growing vegetables in a such garden is an efficient and space-saving way of cultivating produce. Vertical gardening takes some knowledge and effort to set up correctly, but once you have the basics down, it can be a rewarding experience. Here are some essential tips for getting started on your garden:
- 🍅 Select the type of plants you want to grow. Choose plants that will not overwhelm your vertical garden tower and can benefit from its vertical structure. Examples include vining plants like tomatoes, cucumbers, climbing beans, peas, squash, eggplants, melons, and peppers. Herbs like oregano, rosemary, and thyme also work great in vertical gardens when managed properly.
- 🍅 Decide how much sunlight it will get each day – exposure to sun is important for most plants to thrive and bear fruit so make sure you provide enough light for your vegetables to grow without scorching them during hot summer days. Most vegetables need at least 6 hours of direct sunlight each day to produce good results. Shade-loving vegetables like spinach can do well with 4 hours of sun per day or less if they get plenty of indirect light throughout the day.
- 🍅 Make sure you choose the right potting soil mix for your plants – one that’s well-aerated and drains easily yet retains enough moisture for the roots to be healthy – as this is key to providing maximum nutrition for their growth cycles. All-purpose potting mixes usually contain a combination of peat moss, coconut coir (a fibrous material made from coconut husks), vermiculite (for additional drainage), worm castings (natural fertilizer), and perlite (for aeration).
- 🍅 Place stakes or trellises around your tower according to the type of plants you’re growing – something sturdy like bamboo poles or metal stakes should do just fine depending on what kind of support your plants need as they climb up the tower’s side walls (e.g., indeterminate tomato varieties may require more support than bush beans).
- 🍅 Keep an eye out for pests that might attack your vertical garden tower– aphids, spider mites, and whiteflies can all cause damage if left unmanaged so monitor closely any signs of pest infestations and address them quickly if necessary using natural treatments such as neem oil sprays or diatomaceous earth powder sprinkled onto leaves surfaces regularly until pests are gone from the area completely before continuing regular maintenance practices again regularly thereafter (i.e., pruning dead leaves off dead wood, etc.).
Choosing the right garden tower for your needs can be a daunting task. With so many options available, it’s important to understand what features are most important and which towers offer them. Our buyer’s guide has given you all of the necessary information needed to make an informed decision about purchasing a garden tower that best suits your gardening requirements. We hope our review helped you find the perfect product for your space and budget! Happy planting! 🥰❤️🔥
Tags: #Garden #Tower #Hydroponic #Vertical #Indoor #Aeroponic #Botanical #Project #Best #Sale #Review #Growing #System #Water #Herb #Botlle #Barel #Gallon
Remembering my past, I ask in bewilderment: “How am I alive after all my adventures?” - harsh trials, reckless parties, love affairs, and a sea of silliness.
My hobbies are weapon upgrades, tactical gear, and the latest in wilderness survival technology. I have hundreds of different survival gadgets in my collections, which are sent to me for "test-driving" by Amazon, eBay, and other online retailers. That's what I write about, and I also make YouTube videos about them! Stay tuned!
Read more about our team of expert authors.
Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.