What is a tourniquet?🤔
It is a device used to stop the flow of blood in a limb or extremity. It is typically applied when there is severe bleeding that can’t be controlled with direct pressure. It works by compressing the artery, which reduces and eventually stops blood flow to the affected area.
Tourniquets are essential pieces of medical equipment used to stop heavy bleeding in emergencies. Here is a breakdown of the features:
- ☑️ Design: It is essentially a band of cloth or material with an adjustable strap. The design should ensure that the band remains tight and secure when in use, as well as easy to apply and adjust.
- ☑️ Material: Most popular materials include latex, cotton, nylon, neoprene, polyester-spandex blends, and silicone rubber. Consider factors such as comfort level and flexibility when choosing a material.
- ☑️ Size: They are available in various sizes depending on the intended use – pediatric/infant vs adult size. If you’re unsure which size to choose, opt for the larger one as it will be more versatile in different situations.
- ☑️ Ease of Use: Look for one that is easy to use with clear instructions on how to apply and adjust it correctly. If possible, test it out before purchasing to ensure you are comfortable with its operation and design.
- ☑️ Durability: This equipment should be made of durable materials that can withstand frequent use and cleaning without becoming damaged or ineffective.
Tourniquets are designed to save lives in emergency scenarios. When applied correctly, they can help stop severe bleeding by cutting off blood flow to the injured area.
- ⭐️ Their ability to quickly shut off arterial circulation can limit further damage and allow more time for a patient to receive proper medical care.
- ⭐️ Furthermore, it can also be used in non-emergency scenarios such as controlling bleeding from deep cuts or lacerations, as well as providing relief from conditions like deep vein thrombosis or swollen extremities. In such cases, they can be used for both short-term treatment and long-term recovery purposes.
- ⭐️ In addition, some models feature specialized elements such as pressure gauges that measure the pressure being applied on the limb during application – this ensures an appropriate level of tightness is maintained without overtightening or under-tightening it.
- ⭐️ Moreover, they also feature quick-release systems that enable easy and safe removal with minimal effort in just seconds.
Tourniquet technology has advanced rapidly in recent years, and there are now a variety of different types to choose from. Here is an overview of the most common:
- 🔰 Ratcheting: It is the most widely used type and is designed to be incredibly easy to use. It uses a set of interlocking cogs to quickly and securely tighten around a limb. This type also tends to be more durable than others, making it an ideal choice for emergencies.
- 🔰 Ring: It is essentially just what it sounds like – a metal band that encircles the limb before being tightened with nuts. It’s commonly used in medical settings due to its simplicity and affordability but can be difficult to use if you don’t have access to help or other tools.
- 🔰 Elastic: It is made up of two straps connected by elastic bands at either end – one strap goes around the limb while the other is used to pull tight and secure it in place. This type is quick and easy to apply, but may not be as effective as other types in more serious situations.
- 🔰 Combination: They are composed of both ratcheting and elastic components, allowing them to provide both fast application and secure closure.
Best Tourniquets | Best EDC Touniquet
1# North American Rescue Tactical Tourniquet
View on OpticsPlanet View on Amazon
It is made of US high-quality materials. It includes a writeable area, a windlass clip, tip. The technology was invented by the surgeon university. This tourniquet helps to block arteries in deep cuts and save a person while he is waiting for emergency assistance. It can be a part of your first aid kit. It helps to prevent traumatic woods. It was used by the army in 2005. The single buckle helps to operate with wounds quickly. You can reduce the diameter of the rod for extra strength. Put the jug in a bag, it will not take up much space, but it will bring a lot of benefits.
2# Recon Medical BLK-1PAK-FBA Combat Tourniquet
It consists of a finger hole, tourniquet, windlass, strap, and stitching. It is made in black color and rectangular form. This kit has a medical appliance. It will be helpful to stop blood and to prevent trauma. It reminds the CAT tourniquet. It also has a whole, you can use it in one hand. In this set, there are puncture lines by which you can determine the size of the contraction. You can tighten it harder, or very hard, depending on the size of the wound. With this tourniquet, you can stop bleeding on your arm, leg, or wrist. Some elements are made of aluminum. The length is 6 inches.
3# High-Speed Gear HSGI Tourniquet for EDC
View on OpticsPlanet View on Amazon
The method is used called TACO. It includes a bandage, cord, clip, and high-speed gear. It is made from 500 Cordura nylon. The quality can be up to 1000D. The design is made in soft styles, like a SAM XT. It belongs to the line of Soft Wide. The interior is made to prevent any snagging. The flap is very unique and easy to use and can be removed. It has 4 rows. The kit also includes patches and panels. It has a lot of preferences. It can be used for trips or hiking.
4# SZCTKlink Tourniquets Outdoor Portable Tourniquet
The way of creation is founded by SZCT. The tool is one-handed. The total length is about 40 inches. That means it suits not only children but also adults. It contains tips that don’t afraid of cold weather. It doesn’t afraid of any impact. The use requires medical education. It consists of buckles, a belt, red tips, branded handle. For better use, it needs ISO certification.
5# CAT Combat Application Gen 7 Tourniquet
The technology used also is taken from CAT. There are a lot of straps. The approximate length is 37.5 inches. The color of the infamous tourniquets is also black. It includes a security tip, a windlass clip, and a writable area. The design is highly visible. It can be used for broken bones, in traffic accidents, car crashes. You can be sure that the bleeding will stop. Also, it includes compression bandages.
6# Disposable Tourniquet 1″ x 18″ Latex-free
Blue straps and bandages are included. That’s a simple strap for a first aid kit. It is made in a soft style. I can be used overhand. The appearance resembles a roll of tape. It can be used in combination with the paracord bracelet. The weights are about 1 ounce. The stripe is very flexible and a little bit elastic. It is convenient to rewind your hand with this tape to take a blood test from a vein. Very good to use at home.
7# Rats Gen 2 Rapid Application Tourniquet System
The elastic straps are put in the kit. It has orange, black, green, and red colors. The tests are proven by the University of Surgery in the United States. It consists of the lock, bandage, and branded logo. It is made by the RATS method. It means that the strap can be used for animals and operations of low and high quality. The product has a lifetime warranty. It helps to save animals’ lives. The tool effectively helps to fix the animal and make it the desired operation. It is durable enough for small operations.
8# CAT Combat Application Tourniquet
The kit has several parts and helps in pre-hospital situations. It helps to stop blood in the upper and lower limbs. It can be used for one or two hands. It has good washing qualities. It can be washed four times. Better to use the video to understand how it works correctly. You can put one tourniquet and another above. That will help to fix the leg properly. It was tested on militaries more than 100 times. It consists of 3 bandages and a kernel.
9# Medical Tourniquet Combat Outdoors Spinning Emergency Tourniquet
This device is used to stop blood in many situations. On nature, camping, or backpacking when you don’t have enough tools such a belt will help you while you will be waiting for the doctor. It consists of a tip, pass, recording tape, handle, and stick. it is made of proven nylon for these aims. When it is not enough one tourniquet takes two tourniquets. It is easy to use for hunting.
10# ASA Techmed Combat Tourniquet
This product is valuable for office and home usage. You can use it in tactical situations on camping, hiking, and simply at home. It is made by ASATechmed. It is used to stop the arterial blood. The material is used polyester. When you need to act first and apply it to yourself the toll will help you to stop bleeding. It includes a spinning rod, recording tape, one hand buckle, red velcro tip. It is used for one-hand operations, to identify the problem quickly.
How does a tourniquet work?🧐
It is a medical device designed to control bleeding by applying pressure on the affected limb. It effectively compresses the artery, which reduces or stops blood flow.
- ➡️ The most common type consists of an adjustable strap with a buckle or clip that fastens around the leg or arm above the wound site.
- ➡️ The pressure is then applied by either manually tightening the strap with a stick or other object or engaging a ratchet mechanism to tighten it further.
- ➡️ Once the desired level of compression is achieved, it should remain in place until medical professionals arrive and assess the situation. This could range from a few minutes to up to two hours, depending on the severity of the injury.
We hope this best tourniquet buyer’s guide has helped you make the right decision when it comes to choosing it. Remember that there are many different types available and each one is designed for specific purposes. With proper research, knowledge, and guidance from our guide, we’re confident that you will be able to find the best one for whatever situation may arise!🥰❤️🔥
Tags: best combat tourniquet, best tourniquet for edc, best cat tourniquet, best tactical tourniquet
#Best #Tourniquet #Tactical #Review #EDC #Cat #Combat #Police #Editor’s Choice
Shooted a hat of the neighbor in the country at the age of 4 with a miniature bow was the first successful step in studying military history. Fortunately, everyone survived. Coming on a date in adulthood, I surprised guys with my knowledge of knives, that’s often played a trick on me. No normal man likes a woman smarter than him.
Now it gives me special pleasure to simply study various sets and types of weapons, survival, and tactical gear on Amazon, OpticsPlanet, Cabelas, Brownells, and other stores, helping people choose exactly what they need.
At the same time, I show products with natural defects so that the user does not have an ideal picture of what is far from done. After all, no matter how many good reviews were written about the product, the true quality is always important when receiving a parcel.
Read more about our team of expert authors.
Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.
Can you give some cheap tourniquet choices?
Based on my research, I’ve found that if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, a triangular bandage and stick combination can serve as a makeshift tourniquet. However, it’s important to note that opting for a cheap tourniquet may not be the best choice. Considering the critical nature of this piece of equipment, it’s advisable to invest in a reliable and high-quality tourniquet.
In my experience, I strongly believe that investing around $25 for each tourniquet is well worth it. CAT Combat Application Tourniquets are built to high standards, without any complex mechanical components that could potentially fail. The proven effectiveness of this specific model is backed by reliable data from the armed forces and local law enforcement agencies in my area. They have witnessed numerous lives being saved through the use of this particular tourniquet. Therefore, I highly recommend considering this model as it combines solid construction, proven effectiveness, and a reasonable price point.
While I don’t anticipate experiencing combat situations, I do frequent the local shooting range where safety concerns with other individuals can arise. To prepare for such incidents, I’m in the process of assembling a minimalist blowout kit with a primary focus on stopping bleeding until professional medical help is available. Despite having basic Red Cross first aid training, I’m aware that proper tourniquets are crucial in such scenarios, especially ones that can be self-applied, preferably with one hand.
In my experience, the High-Speed Gear HSGI Tourniquet For EDC is indeed a good option to consider. As a reliable alternative, I highly recommend the CAT Combat Application Tourniquet. From personal experience, I can attest that having immediate access to the tourniquet is vital to act swiftly before the patient enters an irreversible state of shock. I hope these insights and recommendations prove useful to you in assembling your blowout kit.
I agree with the previous responses. As an Army Medic with multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, I can attest to the effectiveness of the CAT Combat Application Gen 7 Tourniquet. I have personally relied on them countless times during my service. They are designed to be extremely compact, optimizing the use of available space in your kit. I echo the sentiments expressed by others and believe that these recommendations align with my experience as a military medic.
As someone interested in preparedness, I am currently searching for reliable tourniquets to include in my various First Aid Kits (FAKs). While I want to avoid purchasing subpar products, I also aim to keep the cost under $30 per tourniquet. I would appreciate recommendations on tourniquets that offer the best value for their effectiveness and affordability. Thank you in advance for your assistance!
It’s worth noting that tourniquets priced significantly below $30 may be cheap Chinese knockoffs that should not be trusted. If you are unable to invest in a genuine CAT or SOF-T W due to budget constraints, the Rats Gen 2 Rapid Application Tourniquet System is a more affordable alternative.
Drawing from my experience as a combat medic for 10 years and my current role as an EMT, I have found that the Rats Gen 2 Rapid Application Tourniquet System is the best tourniquet I’ve ever used. Its compact size and lightweight nature make it highly portable and convenient to carry. I appreciate that it can be easily applied to any extremity single-handedly, even in challenging conditions where blood, sand, or dirt may be present. The Rats Gen 2 Rapid Application Tourniquet System maintains its tension effectively and doesn’t slip, even when exposed to adverse elements. Additionally, it can be easily removed and reused as needed. One notable advantage is the absence of Velcro/switchback loops, plastic parts, toggles, or nylon bands that are prone to fraying. This is simply my personal opinion based on my professional experience.
As someone living in Los Angeles, where criminal activities can pose a threat to personal safety, I understand the importance of being prepared for emergencies. Considering the risks associated with incidents like robberies and shootings, having tourniquets readily available is a priority for me.
If you decide to include a tourniquet as well, I will be cautious about purchasing it due to the presence of counterfeit products. It’s important to ensure the authenticity and reliability of the tourniquet by sourcing it from reputable sources. I can advise you North American Rescue Tactical Tourniquet – it is an excellent choice!