What is a Mora knife? 🤔
It is a type of knife originating from Sweden and is traditionally used by woodsmen and fishermen. They have a single-edged blade, usually made of carbon steel, that is thin enough to be sharpened to an extremely fine edge. This makes them ideal for performing tasks such as skinning games or whittling wood.
- 🔷 First is the blade size and shape. Mora knives come in a variety of sizes, from compact 2-3 inch blades to large blades up to 6 inches or more. The shape of the blade is also important, as some models offer a curved or drop-point blade, which is great for slicing and whittling, while others offer a straight or tanto blade that works well for cutting and piercing.
- 🔷 The second is the handle design. Such knives come in either plastic or wood handles. Plastic handles are usually more lightweight and durable, but they also tend to be more slippery than wooden ones. Wood handles provide a better grip and often have unique designs that add to the aesthetic of the knife.
- 🔷 Third is the steel type used on the blade. Common models use stainless steel, carbon steel, or laminated steel blades.
- 🔷 Finally, the type of sheath or holster included with the knife. Some knives come with leather holsters that provide protection when carrying the knife around, while others come with simple plastic sheaths that just protect the blade when not in use.
Mora knives are an ideal tool for outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, camping, and hiking.
- ✨ They are lightweight, easy to carry, and durable enough to handle everyday tasks.
- ✨ With its sharp blade, they make slicing and chopping easier resulting in faster preparation time.
- ✨ The ergonomic handle allows for comfortable use even during extended periods.
- ✨ They are also designed to be rust-resistant and retain their sharpness over time making them a long-lasting investment.
- ✨ Additionally, such knives are available in different sizes ranging from short pocket knives to large fixed blades which makes them suitable for various needs.
Which one should I get? 🔍
When it comes to finding the best Mora Knife, there are a few things you should consider.
- ☑️ First, think about the type of knife you need – whether you’re looking for a general-purpose knife or one that specializes in specific tasks such as hunting or cleaning fish.
- ☑️ Second, consider the blade material – stainless steel blades are the most popular option as they offer durability and sharpness but carbon steel can also be a good choice depending on your needs.
- ☑️ Third, consider the handle material – rubberized grips are great for providing comfort and control when cutting while wooden handles provide a classic look.
- ☑️ Finally, think about the size and weight of the knife – you want something easy to carry in your pocket or backpack without feeling too bulky or heavy.
😉 There’s no single “best” Morakniv out there; choosing one ultimately comes down to personal preference.
Best Morakniv Knife | Best Mora Knife
1# Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife
This knife has a nice gray color, it has a wide sharpening which makes it sharp enough. Thanks to the plastic handle, it does not slip during difficult work. This knife has a nice gray color, it has a wide sharpening which makes it sharp enough. Thanks to the plastic handle, it does not slip during difficult work. It is made of Swedish steel. It includes a color-matching plastic sheath. According to user reviews, they can cut a tree for a long time, because it is suitable for cutting small branches.
2# Morakniv Companion Heavy-Duty Knife
A fixed-blade outdoor knife has a proven 4.1-inch high-carbon steel blade. That means that you won’t need to be afraid to get injured. It is suitable for every type of customer extra-large handle with a patterned, high-friction grip that makes the knife comfortable to hold and easy to handle. The sizes are also good: blade thickness is 0.125 inches (3.2 mm), general blade length is about 4.1 inches (104 mm), Total Length: is 8.8 inches (224 mm), and Net Weight: is 4.8 oz. (135 g) This knife is made in Sweden. The supplier gives a lifetime warranty. As for me, the knife is very convenient and functional.
3# Morakniv Garberg Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife
Square-edged ground spine blade can be used as a striker with fire steel, but it is sold separately. The total length is 9.0 inches (229 mm). The blade length is 4.3 inches (109 mm). It is good to remember the blade thickness of 0.13 inches (3.2 mm). The average weight is 9.6 oz. (272 g). Compared to other knives, it is very light, it can be worn with any kind of clothing in an upright position. There are high-quality sheaths, so you won’t get hurt by its tip. In experimental conditions, it is checked that it does not break even on the hardest tree. The scabbard has a convenient latch; you can not be afraid that the knife will sprinkle on the arm. There is a company logo on the knife, you can rest assured that it is branded.
4# Morakniv Garberg Full Tang Fixed Blade Knife
The first knife with a firestarter that I see. This device is equipped with a lighter and has a nice shape and color. If you are planning for survival, outdoor, hunting, emergency, and tactical applications, this knife will be a good partner for you. It is compact and durable. Many clients complain about his scabbard, they say it is easier to use their own or to wrap it in the paper. It can easily fall on the road. It can be traumatic for you and your loved ones. Pay attention to leather elements and style. The knife is a real work of art.
5# Morakniv Bushcraft Knife
This knife can easily be worn on a belt, which is especially important for men. It has a comfortable sheath and sharpening from the very top. The plastic handle will not allow the knife to slip out of the hand. The black color makes it stylish. The manufacturer logo confirms quality. The handle is ergonomic. Unlike other knives, the blade is quite long. The blade length is 4.3 inches (109 mm). According to profile information the blade thickness: is 0.125 inches (3.2 mm). The Total length is 9.1 inches (232 mm). Easy weight w/sheath is about 5.7 oz. (162 g), which confirms quality.
Many customers told the plastic sheath is not good and durable. It can be broken easily or lost. In general, the knife is easy to carry and reminds the military knife for difficult situations. It is made of Swedish 12C27 stainless steel. That proves it’s good material. It is equipped with a sharp razor and has an anti-corrosive cover. Unfortunately, according to the description, a 90-degree square blade spine is ground especially for use with a fire starter (sold separately). The plastic sheath is not as durable as was promised by the supplier. One year of warranty can save the situation.
7# Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife
This knife is enough simple for outdoor activities, it is well-fixed and stable. The knife may come in a different shell or the wrong color. The Mora knife is made in Sweden. It is easily held and sharp. The design is very typical and original. The blade length is 4.1 inches (104 mm). That’s pretty good. Blade thickness is 0.08 inches (2.0 mm). Users rarely complain about this knife, which makes it a godsend.
8# Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife
This knife is stylized in 5 colors. The color is not only different for the handle but also for the scabbard. Unlike other knives, he won in tearing. Suppliers received awards for this knife. It is very smartly done and clever. That’s why it is sold in a limited edition. The Mora knife is sharp. It is good at cutting cardboard and small parts. It has a ring, thanks to which it is convenient to attach it to the belt. Reflected handle that allows you to not slip out when working. The knife is made in Sweden like other famous mora knives. The blade is made of Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel. Also, this knife is famous for its exceptional toughness and good corrosion resistance. I would recommend it to friends for rest or travel trips.
9# Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife
The sheath does not have a rivet on this knife, because many users complain that the knife may fall out. It is made of plastic and is not durable. The blade is fixed enough and strong. It is equipped with a firestarter. It also works well when it’s wet. It won’t be afraid of weather changes. The handle is enough ergonomic and suitable. I will recommend this knife as convenient lightweight and reliable.
10# Morakniv Craftline Basic 511 Fixed Blade Knife
The fixed blade has a length of about 3.6 inches. The high hardness, easy sharpening, and exceptional toughness make this knife reliable. A hard plastic combi-sheath is very stylish. The handle is decorated with a corporate logo. In description offered the next parameters: blade thickness is about 0.08 in (0.2 cm). That’s good enough. General blade length: 3.6 in (9.1 cm) and total length is 8.25 in (20.9 cm). The attractive net weight is 3.9 oz (110 g). Made in Sweden. The supplier provides a limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
11# Morakniv Wood Carving 106 Knife
The knife is made of fine and thin steel. It is not suitable for all types of work. One of the uses is the cutting of small vegetation and outdoor work. It is very light and very sharpened. The handle from the tree will help not to drop it and not slip in the hand. Visually, it reminds me of a knife for peeling potatoes. No carrying sheath included.
12# Morakniv Wood Splitting 220 Knife
The most interesting knife shape I’ve seen. The knife has 2 handles. Manufacturers give limited lifetime warranty. It is enough sharp and strong. The best usage is scrapping. It can be broken with hard things, recommend to use for leaves.
Knife Upgrades 💡
Mora knives are known for their durability and versatility, making them suitable for a variety of tasks. The blades are made from high-quality carbon steel or stainless steel and feature a Scandi grind – a single beveled edge that is easy to sharpen with minimal maintenance.
- 🛠️ When it comes to sharpening it, there are several options available depending on how quickly you need the job done. For fast results, electric sharpeners offer convenience and accuracy; however, they may require frequent maintenance and can be expensive if you buy a quality model. For more traditional methods of sharpening, whetstones, and hand files provide excellent results with minimal effort and cost.
- ❄️ Finally, if you plan on using your knife outdoors, make sure that it has proper protection against water damage by either oiling or waxing its blade and handle regularly. This will help ensure that it retains its edge longer while being able to withstand harsher environmental conditions like rain or snowfall.
In conclusion, finding the best Mora knife for your needs can be a daunting task. We hope our guide has provided you with all the information you need to make an informed decision about what type of knife is right for you. Choosing the right one could certainly help enhance any outdoor activity or hobby! 🤠👍
Tags: #Morakniv #Mora #Knife #Knives #Best #Editor’s Choice #Review #Bushcraft #Full Tang
Shooted a hat of the neighbor in the country at the age of 4 with a miniature bow was the first successful step in studying military history. Fortunately, everyone survived. Coming on a date in adulthood, I surprised guys with my knowledge of knives, that’s often played a trick on me. No normal man likes a woman smarter than him.
Now it gives me special pleasure to simply study various sets and types of weapons, survival, and tactical gear on Amazon, OpticsPlanet, Cabelas, Brownells, and other stores, helping people choose exactly what they need.
At the same time, I show products with natural defects so that the user does not have an ideal picture of what is far from done. After all, no matter how many good reviews were written about the product, the true quality is always important when receiving a parcel.
Read more about our team of expert authors.
Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.