Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.
The more cutting-edge technologies and devices appear, the more upgrades we do to feel comfortable. If the shooters are bothered with noise, they install suppressors. If the rifle has strong recoil, the compensator helps to solve this issue.
The firing flash can be hidden with the corresponding unit. This review will show you the advantages and disadvantages of 25 flash hiders.
Why do we need a flash hider?
The main flash hider’s task is to disperse the flash not to be revealed by the enemy, or simply save the shooter’s eyes from the flash as well, but still, it mitigates a recoil a bit and sound direction. While shooting at night, flash hiders allow the shooter to diminish the bright flare amount relieving eyes adaptation to darkness.
Table of Contents
- Flash Hider Reviews | Best Best Flash Hider
- #1 Strike Industries Venom Muzzle Flash Hider
- #2 Griffin Armament Taper Mount Minimalist Stealth Flash Hider
- #3 Guntec USA AR-15 Slim Line/Micro Cone Flash Hider
- #4 SilencerCo Hybrid ASR Flash Hider
- #5 VG6 Precision EPSILON 556SL Flash Hider
- #6 Wilson Combat Accu-Tac Flash Hider
- #7 Yankee Hill Machine QD Blast Deflector Flash Hider
- #8 Noveske KX5 Flash Hider
- #9 Aero Precision AR15 .22 A2 Flash Hider
- #10 Yankee Hill Machine Phantom 5.56 Q.D. Flash Hider
- #11 SureFire 3 Prong Eliminator Flash Hider
- #12 Spikes Tactical A2 Bird Cage Flash Hider
- #13 Next Level Armament 223/556 Heretic Flash Hider
- #14 Silent Legion Quick Detach Flash Hider QD-7
- #15 Angstadt Arms 3-Lug A1 Style Flash Hider
- #16 Aero Precision .30 A2 Flash Hider
- #17 Bravo A2X BCM A2X 4150 Steel M16/M4
- #18 SureFire Warcomp Flash Hider WARCOMP-65-58-24
- #19 Midwest Industries AR-15 Flash Hider
- #20 Daniel Defense Superior Suppression Device Assy
- #21 Troy Medieval Flash Hider 7.62mm
- #22 Anarchy Outdoors Titanium Flash Hider
- #23 Next Level Armament Heretic Comp/Flash Hider
- #24 Lone Wolf Arms Flash Hider
- #25 UTAS XTR12FH1 XTR-12 Flash Hider Steel Black
- How To Install Flash Hider
Flash Hider Reviews | Best Best Flash Hider
#1 Strike Industries Venom Muzzle Flash Hider
The Strike Industries declares of almost complete muzzle flash elimination and prompt dissipation of firing gases, which blow up from the barrel, allowing to retain the night vision or at low light condition. The required torque is 15-20 ft-lbs. The timing is not necessary for this muzzle device, so a crush washer is not needed, but it’s included anyway. The VENOM FH device can be combined with a blast shield (check the FF-CRD offer on the Strike Industries page).
#2 Griffin Armament Taper Mount Minimalist Stealth Flash Hider
These Griffin Armament suppressors are crafted from stainless steel (17-4 PH) with a glossy Melonite QPQ finish, supporting the configuration of Optimus Mid-Size. The Minimalist series is outfitted with three tines with integrated anti-resonance functions to sufficiently hold back the flash. The thread mounts of the muzzle device can be additionally protected with the Taper Mount Thread Protector. These taper Mounts are compatible with Recce, PHS, and Sportsman series silencers.
#3 Guntec USA AR-15 Slim Line/Micro Cone Flash Hider
The Guntec USA manufactures Slim Line Cone Flash Can for AR-15 pistols from rigid Anodized Aluminum (T6). There are 5 models of Micro Cone Flash Cans available in Black, Red, Flat Dark Earth, and OD Green. This slim version of flash hider can pushes the flash forward.
#4 SilencerCo Hybrid ASR Flash Hider
SilencerCo offers six models of flash hiders, depending on the caliber and thread: .224 Valkyrie for 1/2×28; 9mm Luger for 1/2×28, M13.5×1 LH, 1/2×36; .30 Caliber for 1/2×28, 5/8×24. The Hybrid flash hiders with three prongs provide resonance suppression, efficient mitigation of the felt recoil, and muzzle climb. Three prongs all have different lengths. These muzzle devices feature simple attachment or detachment with one hand, they interface with the ASR mounting system.
#5 VG6 Precision EPSILON 556SL Flash Hider
The VG6 muzzle brake is suitable for 14.5-inch rifles, can be pinned and welded to the barrel, still being well-maintained, and easily removed from the gas block without taking off this muzzle device.
#6 Wilson Combat Accu-Tac Flash Hider
Accu-Tac AR flash hiders are outfitted with external three prongs and accurizing flutes to enhance muzzle harmonics. These blast dispersing brakes efficiently dispel the flash and reduce muzzle signature without negative impact on accuracy. These flash hiders are made from hardened 4140 steel with a Black Matte Melonite finish. They fit standard AR barrels with GI thread, but they are not compatible with .458 SOCOM barrels of Rock River Arms. A crush washer isn’t needed.
#7 Yankee Hill Machine QD Blast Deflector Flash Hider
These YHM deflectors lock like YHM suppressors. They direct the muzzle noise and blast forward to reduce the concussive forces felt by the shooter or others nearby. The YHM manufactured deflectors from chrome-moly steel (4140) with Melonite QPQ finish.
#8 Noveske KX5 Flash Hider
The KX5 Flash Suppressor can be installed to any barrel length. Each Noveske device features a particularly serial quality control number. These suppressors are manufactured in specialized factories from heat-treated CM construction with a Nitride finish. They come with 1/2 in Crush Washer.
#9 Aero Precision AR15 .22 A2 Flash Hider
The Aero Precision engineered Flash Hiders of Classic A2 Style with a mil-spec birdcage; they are compatible with AR15 rifles, and bored for 5.56 and .223 Calibers. These muzzle devices are covered with a Black anodized matte finish. A crush washer is not included.
#10 Yankee Hill Machine Phantom 5.56 Q.D. Flash Hider
The YHM offers Phantom Flash Hiders, outfitted with new style Carbon teeth, which move carbon away from the inner can support system, meanwhile, 5-Port Design reduces visible flash. The spring mechanism is heat protected by the External Locking Mechanism. All internal moving parts are hidden with the dust enclosure in the quick disconnect system.
#11 SureFire 3 Prong Eliminator Flash Hider
The SureFire notes that prong flash hiders are significantly more effective in flash mitigation than plain ones, that’s why it developed the three-prong patent-pending design for its flash hiders. The SureFire flash hides are manufactured from the bar stock of US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel, precision machined.
#12 Spikes Tactical A2 Bird Cage Flash Hider
The Spikes Tactical flash suppressor is outfitted with an A2 birdcage. The suppressors are covered with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate. These muzzle devices are usually installed on the U.S. Armed Forces as well as on most M4/M16 and AR-15 rifles. This flash hider will not operate with a 9mm barrel (1/2×28), it can be dangerous to use as the projectile is too powerful for this device.
#13 Next Level Armament 223/556 Heretic Flash Hider
The NLX-7NS AR15 Compensator and Flash Suppressor allow handling the rifle fast due to muzzle rise reduction and keeping on target while still getting great flash suppression. The Next Level Armament manufactured these combined muzzle devices from steel with a black finish.
#14 Silent Legion Quick Detach Flash Hider QD-7
This QD Flash Hider consists of rigid stainless-steel construction, which fits all Silent Legion 2 lug quick detach suppressors, providing reliable lockup due to high-precision Class 2B threads and keyed locking lugs.
#15 Angstadt Arms 3-Lug A1 Style Flash Hider
The Angstadt Arms offers 2 models of the flash hider, depending on the thread size. This A1 Style muzzle device is outfitted with 3-Lug and made of Hardened Steel.
#16 Aero Precision .30 A2 Flash Hider
Aero Precision designed Flash Hider of Classic A2 Style for M5 guns. This Flash Hider is Black Anodized.
#17 Bravo A2X BCM A2X 4150 Steel M16/M4
The Bravo flash hider is crafted from Steel (4150) with a Black Phosphate finish. The extended A2X muzzle device is designed for a 14.5-inch barrel, pinned to 16 for a non-NFA gun. This flash hider has been already drilled and comes with a pin as well.
#18 SureFire Warcomp Flash Hider WARCOMP-65-58-24
The Warcomp Flash Hiders with patented design include functions of muzzle brake and suppressor, providing flash and muzzle rise mitigation. Adapters allow the shooter to hide the shooter’s location, save the dark-adapted vision and keep on target for prompt follow-up shots.
#19 Midwest Industries AR-15 Flash Hider
The Midwest Industries developed Flash Hiders for AR-15. These impact devices are made of tool steel with a melonite finish. The kit comes with a crush washer.
#20 Daniel Defense Superior Suppression Device Assy
TheDaniel Defense offers two models of Superior Suppression Device Assembly with a Black finish.
#21 Troy Medieval Flash Hider 7.62mm
No need to wait till the eyes recover from a bright muzzle flash, the Troy Medieval Flash Suppressor dispels the flash and helps to return to the target fast. The aggressive diamond-shaped teeth can be suitable as a breaching device designed for close battles. This suppressor is manufactured from hardened stainless steel (4140) with a Parkerized finish.
#22 Anarchy Outdoors Titanium Flash Hider
This Flash Hider, outfitted with three ports, is effective for recoil and muzzle rise reduction, the flash hiding. These muzzle devices are crafted from Titanium (Grade 5) with a Glass Bead finish, available in Black and Titanium colors.
#23 Next Level Armament Heretic Comp/Flash Hider
The Heretic Compensator and Flash Suppressor hide muzzle flash and offset muzzle rise. These muzzle devices are crafted from rigid stainless-steel bars and finished in the rotary mills to precision tolerances.
#24 Lone Wolf Arms Flash Hider
The Lone Wolf Arms developed 5 models of stainless-steel Flash Hiders for AR-15 build, bored for four calibers and with three thread types; four of them are available in a black oxide finish, one – in high polish.
#25 UTAS XTR12FH1 XTR-12 Flash Hider Steel Black
The Ulas Flash hider with nut steel construction is engineered specially to fit the XTR-12 tactical guns to minimize muzzle flash. These flash hiders are manufactured from steel and feature a matte black finish.
How To Install Flash Hider
- Unload the rifle, before the installation; it should stay empty.
- Firstly, clean both threads of the flash hider and the barrel, if it’s necessary.
- Apply a little grease on the crush washer to diminish friction while turning (due to the spring tension the device is held in place and pressure is maintained).
- The washer contact diameter should be the same or smaller against the mated surface.
- After placing the crush washer over the muzzle threads, thread the device up against the washer and hand tight.
- Turn the flash hide 1/4 turn (90degrees) a bit to clock it duly with a wrench, socket, or other suitable tools.
- Be aware that a crush washer isn’t a washer, it is a cone-shaped spring that will compress, and at 1/4 turn will maintain a rotational torque of 20-28ft/lbs till fully flat.
This ensures the thread profile applies the proper compression diapason to the muzzle threads.
- Before shooting, check the due clamping screws torque and the flash hider position. It is recommended to control long-shot strings every 50 shots.
There can be a single flash hider or combination of flash hider with suppressor or/and compensator. Such reliable combined muzzle devices apart from flash dissipation will help enhance the accuracy whether hunt or competitive shoot. If you look for a muzzle device with a budget price and good reviews, check Bravo A2X BCM A2X 4150 Steel M16/M4 and Midwest Industries AR-15 Flash Hider, Impact Device.
The Best Picks
- Griffin Armament Taper Mount Minimalist Stealth Flash Suppressor. These Griffin Armament suppressors are about 40% lighter than many competing mounts; deliver convenient barrel handling and the rifle at a whole. The flash suppressors feature reliable machining, quality craftsmanship, and don’t need timing.
- Yankee Hill Machine Phantom 5.56 Q.D. Flash Hider. The YHM deflectors are developed to operate with multiple QD muzzle devices, it’s impossible to disengage them by chance. Quick detach is a fast and reliable mechanism.
- Wilson Combat Accu-Tac Flash Hider. These flash hiders are outfitted with external three prongs on the robust construction and accurizing flutes to enhance muzzle harmonics. They don’t have a ping or tuning fork effect and are accessible for muzzle crown cleaning.
- Strike Industries Venom Muzzle Flash Hider. This Muzzle Flash Hider ensures quicker follow-up shots and better situational perception, without the necessity of any alterations during the installation to the rifle. The muzzle crown protection is provided by the four prongs on the brake end.
Tags: flash hider, a2 flash hider, ar15 flash hider, ar 15 flash hider, jp enterprises flash hider, best flash hider, vortex flash hider, ar flash hider, surefire flash hider, aac blackout flash hider, silencerco asr flash hider, ak flash hider, 9mm flash hider, m16a1 flash hider, ar-15 flash hider, 6.5 grendel flash hider, griffin armament flash hider
#Best #Flash #Hider #AR 15 #6.5 Grendel #Griffin Arnament #Vortex #SurFire #AK #M16a1 #9mm #Silencerco #Blackout #A2
Tactical accessories are another passion of mine that I could write about endlessly - my house and garage are full of tactical gadgets, luckily my family shares my interests.
I'm infatuated with traveling that's why work at one place with a daily routine and standard schedule is not for me. I prefer copywriting and English tutoring as a freelancer. I live in a male family among constant talks about cars, guns, hunting, fishing, and, of course, dinosaurs 😊.
My husband is an obsessed hunter, and my two sons are fans of «Demolition Ranch» of YouTube blogger Matt Carriker. They are my best consultants about weapon and all-around ammunition topics. All together we share a love for adventures. Every camping or mounting hiking trip is a "small survival", giving irreplaceable experiences. Nothing can be better than the satisfaction of observing wild nature.
Motto: «Born in Ukraine, made is the USA».
Read more about our team of expert authors.