Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.
If you need a quick reaction while shooting especially in bad light conditions, you cannot neglect the flash hiders’ benefits. Popular American M16 and AR 15 rifles are easy-handling and good at precision, but still, even they can show better results after upgrading them.
Why do we need an AR 15 flash hider?
The key feature of flash hiders is to dissipate the flash not irritating the eyesight. This device is useful in competitive shooting and hunting to stay unrevealed for other shooters or animals. It’s convenient for the eyes at dark when you shoot without bright flare and don’t waste time for eye adaptation.
Table of Contents
- AR 15 Flash Hider Review | Best Flash Hider for AR 15
- #1 VG6 Precision EPSILON AR 15 Flash Hider
- #2 SureFire SOCOM Closed Tine AR 15 Flash Hider
- #3 SureFire 3-Prong AR 15 Flash Hider
- #4 Aero Precision AR15 Flash Hider
- #5 Midwest Industries AR-15 Flash Hider
- #6 Guntec USA AR-15 Slim Line Flash Hider
- #7 Manticore Arms Eclipse AR 15 Flash Hider
- #8 Guntec USA AR-10 LR-308 Gen 2 A2 Ribbed Birdcage AR 15 Flash Hider
- #9 Spikes Tactical A2 Bird Cage AR 15 Flash Hider
- #10 Guntec USA AR-10 LR-308 A2 Birdcage AR 15 Flash Hider
- #11 SureFire 3 Prong Eliminator AR 15 Flash Hider
- #12 Angstadt Arms 3-Lug A1 Style AR 15 Flash Hider
- #13 Guntec USA AR-10 LR-308 Spartan AR 15 Flash Hider
- #14 Yankee Hill Machine Phantom 5.56mm Aggressive AR 15 Flash Hider
- #15 Troy Medieval AR 15 Flash Hider TPI
- How To Install Flash Hider
AR 15 Flash Hider Review | Best Flash Hider for AR 15
#1 VG6 Precision EPSILON AR 15 Flash Hider
The VG6 three-in-one muzzle unit (Flash Hider, Compensator, and Muzzle Brake) fits for 14.5-inch rifles. The special design of the deep channel cuts allows diminishing the front end overall weight. This muzzle device is easily maintained thanks to simply removing it from the gas block without the necessity to take off the unit completely. The VG6 flash hider is an excellent alternative for legal (can be pinned and welded to the barrel), lightweight, and flat shooting rifles (14.5 inches).
#2 SureFire SOCOM Closed Tine AR 15 Flash Hider
These flash hiders are compatible with M4 and M16 firearms and other 1/2-28 muzzle thread rifle builds without the necessity of permanent modifications during installation. SureFire SOCOM flash hiders with proprietary Impulse Diffusion construction diminish the outcome of side blast and concussion directed to backward. Mitigated recoil impulse and muzzle rise due to the offset porting allow the rifles to track back and keep the shooter on the target for faster next shot recovery. These flash hiders are manufactured from precision machined from US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel bar stock.
#3 SureFire 3-Prong AR 15 Flash Hider
The SureFire designed the three-prong patent-pending construction for its flash hiders, as prong muzzle devices are much more efficient for flash mitigation than plain units. These flash hides are crafted from the bar stock of US mill-certified heat-treated stainless steel and precision machined.
#4 Aero Precision AR15 Flash Hider
The Aero Precision designed Flash Hiders of Classic A2 Style, which fit AR15 rifles, and bored for 5.56 and .223 Calibers. These muzzle devices with a mil-spec birdcage are finished with a Black anodized matte. A crush washer doesn’t come with the kit.
#5 Midwest Industries AR-15 Flash Hider
The Midwest Industries Flash Hiders are developed for AR-15. These impact units are crafted from tool steel, covered with a melonite finish. A crush washer isn’t included in the kit.
#6 Guntec USA AR-15 Slim Line Flash Hider
The Guntec USA developed Slim Line Cone Flash Can for AR-15 rifles from rock-solid Anodized Aluminum (T6). Five models of Micro Cone Flash Cans are available in Black, Flat Dark Earth, Red, and OD Green. This Slim Flash Can variation moves the flash forward. It fits inside a Radical Firearms FCR rail with a bit more than 1/16 inches of free space.
#7 Manticore Arms Eclipse AR 15 Flash Hider
The Eclipse Flash Hiders feature a barely twisted triple prong design to diminish flash to almost zero even at dark time. These muzzle devices are made of steel (8620) with Rockwell 50C heat treat with Black oxide. The Flash Hiders, marked “MA” and “223, are designed for projectiles up to .30 cal, 2.25” long, and it’s not recommended to use with bigger calibers. The Eclipse Flash Hider comes with a crush washer.
#8 Guntec USA AR-10 LR-308 Gen 2 A2 Ribbed Birdcage AR 15 Flash Hider
The Guntec engineered all-steel construction Flash Hiders for the AR-10 guns, Gen 2. This Mil-Spec Ribbed Birdcage Design (type A2) features a closed bottom. The Guntec Flash Hiders are manufactured from steel and covered with Black Nitride.
#9 Spikes Tactical A2 Bird Cage AR 15 Flash Hider
The Spikes Tactical developed flash suppressors with A2 birdcage, which are commonly used by the U.S. Armed Forces. These typical muzzle devices are compatible with many M16, M4, and AR-15 rifles too. These suppressors are made of steel and finished with Black
Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate.
#10 Guntec USA AR-10 LR-308 A2 Birdcage AR 15 Flash Hider
The Guntec designed all-steel construction Flash Hiders for the AR-10 guns. This Mil-Spec Ribbed Birdcage muzzle device of type A2 is outfitted with closed bottoms. The Guntec Flash Hiders are crafted from steel and finished with Black Nitride.
#11 SureFire 3 Prong Eliminator AR 15 Flash Hider
The SureFire is specialized in manufacturing three-prong flash hiders (developed patent-pending design), which allows the flash 99% better than plain muzzles. These flash hiders are precision machined from stainless steel bar stock. The devices are outfitted with pilot holes for pin-and-weld on the 14.5-inch rifles such as AR-15, M4, M16; during the installation, no modifications are needed.
#12 Angstadt Arms 3-Lug A1 Style AR 15 Flash Hider
The Angstadt Arms engineered Flash Hiders (3-Lug A1 Style). There are two models of these muzzle devices for two threads options (1/2×36 or 1/2×28). The flash hiders are crafted from sturdy hardened steel with a black finish.
#13 Guntec USA AR-10 LR-308 Spartan AR 15 Flash Hider
The Guntec USA manufactures this model of Flash Hiders for AR-10 and LR-308 to provide the shooters with dependable functionality and durability. These muzzle devices are made of rigid Aluminum (T6), covered with Nitride. The muzzle kit includes a crush washer.
#14 Yankee Hill Machine Phantom 5.56mm Aggressive AR 15 Flash Hider
Yankee Hill Machine developed a muzzle device, which combines functions of flash hider and compensator. YHM compensators are outfitted with five ports facing upwards and sides, without down ports that allow excluding dust issues. For installation, it is necessary to have a full 360 degree turn to be clocked duly or slip a .005” shim before the crush washer, which is included.
#15 Troy Medieval AR 15 Flash Hider TPI
Tags: ar15 flash hider, flash hider ar15, best flash hider for ar15, best ar15 flash hider, flash hider for ar15, ar15 flash hider install, ar15 flash hider removal
The tactical flash suppressors are designed for M16, M4, AR15 carbines, and rifles to exclude the flash to support focus with enlarged light slots that efficiently hide the flash. The diamond-shaped teeth can be used as a breaching device, with heat-treated steel construction, for close quarter battle.
How To Install Flash Hider
- Unload the rifle, it should stay empty during the installation.
- Clean the barrel thread and the flash hider’s one as well, if it’s needed.
- To ensure the device is held in place and pressure is maintained to the spring tension, it’s necessary to apply a bit of grease on the washer to decrease friction while turning.
- The crush washer contact diameter should be the same or smaller than the mated surface.
- Place the washer over the muzzle threads, screw the flash hider up against the washer, and hand it firmly.
- Turn the device 1/4 turn (about 90 degrees) a little to clock it properly with a wrench or other suitable tool.
- Take into account that a crush washer isn’t a usual washer, it is a cone-shaped spring that will pinch, and at 1/4 turn keeps a 20-28ft/lbs rotational torque till completely flat.
- The thread profile is provided with a due compression diapason to the muzzle threads.
- Before shooting, check the proper clamping screws torque and the flash hider position. Long-shot strings should be controlled every 50 shots.
Apart from a single-function flash hider, there is a combination of flash hider with suppressor or/and compensator. These dependable complex muzzle units ensure both flash dissipation and accuracy improvement while hunting and competitive shooting. Some Flash Hiders don’t have bottom slots, which is good for prone shooting, as Yankee Hill Machine Phantom 5.56mm Aggressive Compensator/Flash Hider.
The Best Pick
- SureFire SOCOM Closed Tine .223/5.56 Flash Hider SFCT-556-1/2-28. Installation is done without the need for permanent modifications. The proprietary Impulse Diffusion construction and offset porting allow the rifles to track back and keep the shooter on the target for faster next shot recovery. The labyrinth seals prevent carbon buildup on the suppressor lock ring.
- Yankee Hill Machine Phantom 5.56mm Aggressive Compensator/Flash Hider. YHM muzzle devices combine functions of flash hider and compensator, having stylish aggressive design. These compensators are suitable for prone shooting, as there are no ports on the bottom part, so no dust in the face.
Tags: #Best #AR 15 #Flash Hider #Reviews #Instal #Removal #Cheap #Sale #Price
Tactical accessories are another passion of mine that I could write about endlessly - my house and garage are full of tactical gadgets, luckily my family shares my interests.
I'm infatuated with traveling that's why work at one place with a daily routine and standard schedule is not for me. I prefer copywriting and English tutoring as a freelancer. I live in a male family among constant talks about cars, guns, hunting, fishing, and, of course, dinosaurs 😊.
My husband is an obsessed hunter, and my two sons are fans of «Demolition Ranch» of YouTube blogger Matt Carriker. They are my best consultants about weapon and all-around ammunition topics. All together we share a love for adventures. Every camping or mounting hiking trip is a "small survival", giving irreplaceable experiences. Nothing can be better than the satisfaction of observing wild nature.
Motto: «Born in Ukraine, made is the USA».
Read more about our team of expert authors.