Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.
More rifle control and elimination of shoulder pain can make better results while shooting at rimfire competition, on the hunt, or at the range.
The recoil compensators allow the shooter to stay on the target. Usually, Glock compensators are compatible with threaded barrels for quick and easy installation.
Why do we need a Glock compensator?
Recoil compensators, attached to the end of gun barrels, rifle muzzles, or cannons, can be integrals to the constructions as well. In all cases, these devices redirect propellant gases in a way out from the shooter to withstand recoil and to minimize unwished muzzle movement.
Table of Contents
- Glock Compensator Review | Best Glock Compensators
- #1 ZEV Technologies PRO Glock V2 Glock Compensator
- #2 Griffin Armament Micro Carry Comp 1/2×28 For Glock
- #3 Agency Arms 417 Glock 17/19/34 Gen4 Glock Compensator
- #4 Strike Industries G4 Mass Driver Barrel Compensator
- #5 Tyrant Designs T-Comp Glock Compensator
- #6 Primary Machine Glock Stealth Compensator
- #7 Tyrant Designs Universal 9mm Compensator
- #8 Agency Arms 417 Glock 17/19/34 Gen3 Single Port Glock Compensator
- #9 Tyrant Designs T-Comp Glock 43 Compensator
- #10 Agency Arms 417 Single Port Gen 5 Barrel Glock Compensators
- #11 Killer Innovations Velocity Glock Compensator
- How to choose Glock compensator
- How to Install Glock compensator
Glock Compensator Review | Best Glock Compensators
#1 ZEV Technologies PRO Glock V2 Glock Compensator
The ZEV Technologies compensator is outfitted with an enlarged guide of rod channel, contoured porting, and a mounting system, allowing the shooter to install and remove this device without using a locking compound for the thread. This compensator delivers effective performance on the G19 model and any 9mm Glock model with an equivalent threaded barrel on a hunt, at the range, or in the field. The Pro Glock comp is manufactured from steel with a black nitride finish.
#2 Griffin Armament Micro Carry Comp 1/2×28 For Glock
Griffin Armament crafted compact compressor from Stainless Steel (17-4) with a hard surface, covered with Black Nitride. The Micro Carry Comp is bored for subcompact 9mm handguns threaded barrels: the G43, G42, and Sig P938 and P365. These muzzle devices come with wrench flats to provide convenient installation.
#3 Agency Arms 417 Glock 17/19/34 Gen4 Glock Compensator
There are three available models of Agency Arms 417 Gen 4 Compensators in Black, Gray, and Gold for Glock 17, 19, and 34. Agency Arms engineered a two-chamber compensator with two vertical ports on the top, one hole on each side, and thread to be fixed on the Glock barrels (incompatible with conversion barrels). To ensure the right fitment the overall barrel projection should be 0.695″ +/- 0.005″. The Agency Arms recommends using heavier charged ammunition as the compensators show the best results with them, meanwhile, factory loaded ammo can be used as well. These comps may need recoil system adjustment, it comes with Allen Wrench, Set Screws, and Red Loctite flacon.
#4 Strike Industries G4 Mass Driver Barrel Compensator
Precision CNC milled compensator with rounded edges is constructed for the Glock 19 / Gen4 pistol can be used with threaded barrels and without, with an anaerobic thread adhesive. While the comp mounting its weight center may be moved to the front. The set comes with a dedicated return device, which is well suited to the compact Glock Gen4 pistols. This device is not compatible with the Glock 19X G19 and Gen1-3, Gen5 pistols. The slide is cycled from firing the compensator spring pushes forwards and negates a large recoil, allowing the shooter to keep on the target. It can be required a break-in period for the slide to cycle smoothly. The comp width is the same as the slide one, so it would fit in an exposed holster.
#5 Tyrant Designs T-Comp Glock Compensator
The T-Comp is well suited for Glocks Gen3-Gen5 and well operates almost with any grain ammo. Two-piece compensator design allows secure installation, which doesn’t come loose while operating the pistol, holstering, or unholstering it. This device should be installed with a supplied 16mm o-ring wrench.
#6 Primary Machine Glock Stealth Compensator
Primary Machine engineered the Glock Stealth Compensators, which fit any open-ended Glock holster (Glock 34 one is suitable with Glock 19 with comp). To improve the overall look, the manufacturer put the set screws under the compensator. The Glock Stealth Compensators are crafted from Billet Aluminum (7075 T6) with a Black Anodized finish. The gun length with the comp is added about 1.2-1.3 inches. The set is provided with everything for installation.
#8 Agency Arms 417 Glock 17/19/34 Gen3 Single Port Glock Compensator
Agency Arms offers three models of 417 Gen 3 Compensators in Black, Gray, and Gold for Glocks 17, 19, and 34. One-chamber compensator with one vertical port on the top and one hole on each side can be used with factory-loaded ammo, but it shows better performance with heavier charged ammunition. The 417 Gen 3 Comp is crafted from 7075 Aluminum with Mil-Spec Hard Anodized (Type III). For the right fitment, the overall barrel projection should be 0.695 +/- 0.005 inches. This device may require recoil system adjustment.
#9 Tyrant Designs T-Comp Glock 43 Compensator
The G43 T-Comp fits Glocks and operates well almost with any grain ammunition. The compensator consists of two pieces to ensure simple installation, which even doesn’t come loose during the pistol operation and while holstering or unholstering it. These comps should be mounted with an included 16mm wrench.
#10 Agency Arms 417 Single Port Gen 5 Barrel Glock Compensators
The 417 Gen 5 Comp is manufactured from Aluminum (7075) with a Black Hard Anodized finish (MIL-A-8625, Type 3). One-chamber compensator with one vertical port on the top and one hole on each side can be used with factory-loaded ammunition, but it performs better with heavier charged ammo. Agency Arms developed 417 Gen 5 Compensators in Black for Glocks 17, 19, 34, 45, and 19X (not compatible with conversion barrels). For suitable fitment, the overall barrel projection should be 0.715 +/- 0.005 inches. This comp may need recoil system adjustment.
#11 Killer Innovations Velocity Glock Compensator
Killer Innovations engineered compensators with Velocity Mod 2 barrel, which make the installation (and clearing correspondingly) simple without tools. These compensators are for 9-mm Glocks 17 & 19. One model is for Gen 3 and the other one is for Gen 4. An excellent bore alignment is provided due to the comp capability to push back fully to the thread shoulder while installing. Such bore alignment accuracy delivers an equal air gap around the round.
How to choose Glock compensator
- Before purchasing any compensator, make sure it has the same thread pitch and diameter as your barrel threads, as well as sufficient bore clearance for your caliber.
- Check or measure the diameters of the compensator bore and used bullets, or simply pass one of your bullets through the entire bore of the compensator if you can before buying and installation.
- The bore diameter of some compensators can be deliberately tight to ensure existing gases’ maximum usage.
- To prolong the compensator life, it’s recommended to clean and lube it often.
- Utilizing the bullets without an exposed lead on their base can prevent lead build-up in the compensators.
How to Install Glock compensator
- Make certain your rifle or pistol is unloaded and safe before mounting/dismounting.
- Depending on the brand barrels and compensators, tools can be required or not for the installation and removal.
- In some compensator types, while mounting, this device should be pushed completely back to the thread shoulder to ensure a superb bore alignment.
- It is important to align the barrel threading with the bore axis, as improperly aligned threads could cause dangerous baffle strikes when the bullet is shot through the compensator.
- The guide rod has a hole in it to hold the spring back to help install it into the slide.
- Check all fitting dimensions of the crush washer, peel, and machining the comp shoulder, making the compensator corresponding to your preference.
- After confirming all comps sizes with the rifle barrel’s ones, put it in the slide, remove it from the receiver, then degrease, dry threads of both the barrel and compensator, and coat them generously with the 272 Loctite, allowing time for curing. Any compound should be left in the barrel or comp bore.
- The compensator should be screwed at once onto the barrel until there is no space for another full comp turn without it contacting the slide. Both the tops of the compensator and the slide should be aligned.\
- If you need to remove a Loctite comp, heat the threaded surface evenly and slowly with a propane torch and carefully unscrew the muzzle device, remembering that it’s hot. Then clean the compensator and degrease it before any re-mounting.
Check the compatibility of your rifle thread pitch, diameter, and your caliber bore clearance with the compensator’s ones in its specification. Because the same thread diameter and pitch are used on the compensators, which are bored for different calibers. It is also important to verify that you are installing a compensator with adequate bore clearance for your caliber. The compensators provide better shooting accuracy, taking care of your shoulder, still the ear protection should stay on your responsibility.
ZEV Technologies PRO Glock V2 Compensator. This compensator is outfitted with an enlarged guide of rod channel, contoured porting, and a mounting system, allowing the shooter to install and remove this device without using a locking compound for the thread.
Griffin Armament Micro Carry Comp. This compressor, featuring Patent Pending Design, significantly mitigates recoil and provides muzzle control and quick follow-up shots. Due to the compact size, the device is suitable for concealed carry..
Tags: glock compensator, glock 19 compensator, glock 17 compensator, glock micro compensator, glock 9mm compensator, glock 43 compensator, glock 19 gen 5 compensator, best glock compensator, glock 34 compensator, glock with compensator, strike industries glock compensator
#Best #Glock Compensator #Sale #Linear #Review #m4-72 #Flash #Cheap #Strike Industries