Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.
If you feel the recoil is uncomfortable, you can always upgrade your AR-15 (6.5 Creedmoor chambered) with a muzzle brake, getting the accuracy improvement as a pleasant bonus.
Remember the muzzle device will save your shoulder but can hurt your hearing. Don’t neglect the ear protection regardless of the muzzle brake type you’ll choose.
Why do we need a 6.5 Creedmoor muzzle brake?
It depends on the result that you wait from your rifle with the attached muzzle brake while shooting. If you are going to take part in competitions and the POI is crucial for you, then the muzzle brake should be strictly used with chambered rounds, not practicing its usage for multiple caliber sizes. The general idea of a muzzle brake operation is to reduce recoil by redirecting the propelled gas from the forward to the sides, rendering the rearward propulsion less strong.
Table of Contents
- Best 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake | 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake Review
- #1 VG6 Precision Lambda PRS65 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake
- #2 VG6 Precision Gamma 65 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake
- #3 Airborne Arms AAS8 Spectre 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake
- #4 VG6 Precision Gamma 65 BBSS 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Device
- #5 VG6 Precision VG6 Epsilon 65 BBSS 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake
- #6 Ultradyne UD11180 APOLLO LR 6.5 Creedmoor Compensator
- #7 Evolution Gun Works AR Space Race Comp 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake
- #8 Timber Creek Outdoors 65HBBLC Heart Breaker 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake
- How to Install a Muzzle Brake?
Best 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake | 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake Review
#1 VG6 Precision Lambda PRS65 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake
The Lambda PRS65 is a two-piece Muzzle Brake, manufactured from sturdy heat-treated stainless steel (17-4ph). VG6 Precision offers two 6.5 Creedmoor muzzle brake models: Black Nitride Satin and Bead Blasted Stainless Steel. These Muzzle Brakes and Compensators significantly diminish both felt recoil and side concussion, providing better down-range shots control and enhancing firing accuracy. The Lambda PRS65 muzzle device comes with Jam Nut.
#2 VG6 Precision Gamma 65 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake
VG6 Precision developed a superb Muzzle brake casing shape with reliable functionality. Gamma 65 Hybrid Muzzle Devices are crafted from CNC machined heat-treated Stainless Steel (17-4ph) with half-gloss BLACK NITRIDE – Satin Finish, featuring 68RC surface hardness. These muzzle brakes /compensators deliver the reduction in muzzle rise and felt recoil, bringing stable shooting control and accuracy improvement, necessary for hunting or competition.
#3 Airborne Arms AAS8 Spectre 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake
Airborne Arms designed the muzzle device with a large primary expansion chamber and a certified three-port construction with exactly angled baffles to eliminate the aggressive force of the felt recoil and minimize muzzle climb. This muzzle brake is manufactured from precision CNC-machined stainless steel solid bars. The Spectre muzzle brakes feature peculiarity, allowing to reach recoil, which is admitted at the competition in a sub-1×3 dimension. The muzzle brake rear part covers the stainless-steel timing shims, which are included, and blends into a round barrel shape, delivering a flush look without the need for special tools.
#4 VG6 Precision Gamma 65 BBSS 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Device
The VG6 Precision, while developing Muzzle Device, implemented the most modern engineering techniques: CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) and CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics), which allow getting exclusive chamber geometries to deliver a soft feel in the shoulder while shooting. This Gray Gamma 65 BBSS Muzzle Device is a clone of the Black Gamma 65, varied by the finish. This Gray muzzle brake is made of heat-treated Stainless Steel (17-4ph) with Bead Blasted Stainless Finish. Zealous tested gas port dimensions allow reliable muzzle device control.
#5 VG6 Precision VG6 Epsilon 65 BBSS 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake
VG6 Precision designed a stylish muzzle device body form and secure functionality. VG6 Epsilon 65 BBSS Muzzle brake is manufactured from CNC machined heat-treated 17-4ph Stainless Steel with 68RC surface hardness. These compensators/ muzzle brakes ensure the minimization of felt recoil and muzzle rise that allows the shooter to have more rifle control and enhance accuracy, which is good for hunting or competition. There are two available models: Black Nitride and Bead Blasted Stainless Steel. The Gamma a bit gets behind from Epsilon, which is more convenient if you need to install a flash suppressor with it.
#6 Ultradyne UD11180 APOLLO LR 6.5 Creedmoor Compensator
Ultradyne compensator is crafted from Stainless Steel (416), coated with SB Nitride. These devices are suitable for standard long-range calibers, and most magnum ones, allowing shooters to see bullet splash at long distances. The Ultradyne developed a compensator’s construction in such a way to divert gases away from the shooters and out of their direct sight. The Apollo LR compensator minimizes recoil and excludes muzzle rise. The muzzle device comes with a shrouded timing nut.
#7 Evolution Gun Works AR Space Race Comp 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake
Evolution Gun Works (EGW) designed carbon steel muzzle brakes with blued finish with an improved chamber for AR Platforms to ensure minimized recoil and optimal muzzle rise. There are seven models of AR Space Race Compensator, chambered for 6.5mm Creedmoor, 7.62x39mm, .223 Remington, .308 Caliber and fitted 1/2×28, 1/2×36, 5/8×24 threads, all in Black color.
#8 Timber Creek Outdoors 65HBBLC Heart Breaker 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake
The Timber Creek Outdoors (TCO) developed an unusual design with two ports in the shape of a heart on each side and two small holes on the flat top of the muzzle brake. These Heart Breaker Muzzle Brakes are bored for 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5mm Grendel. The Timber Creek Outdoors crafted the muzzle brakes from Aluminum with Cerakote finish in Black color. The Heart Breaker Muzzle Devices fit barrels with a bore diameter of .223 (or less) and muzzle threads of 1/2-28. The TCO muzzle device comes with a locking nut. The muzzle brake is designed to redirect blast forward and away from the shooter and shooting sound, allowing to make precise shots on the target.
How to Install a Muzzle Brake?
- Usually, all muzzle brakes are easy to install and remove, pay attention at this point while choosing the muzzle device type. You should check this information in the instructions.
Before installing the muzzle bare, unload the weapon, it must stay empty.
- Remember that the muzzle brake ports should be perpendicular to the vertical axis of the rifle: you can follow the guide to get proper orientation.
- A crush washer helps make the muzzle brake timing easier. Mind that timing is not necessary for some types.
- The priority has the models, which include a crush washer. This soft ring works as a seal between the barrel and muzzle device, and it mounts without any tools, it’s necessary just to slip the washer on the barrel.
- To install a crush washer or a shim, tighten the muzzle brake with your hand tightly to the 10 o’clock (open-end wrenches can be suitable as well). Then in short increments without over-tightening, turn the muzzle device till reaching the 12 o’clock position.
According to ATF regulations, a muzzle device (attached to the rifle) is considered to be the barrel part, and the total rifle length measures with it. So, before purchasing a muzzle device, be aware of the length limits and regulations of your state. Muzzle brake gets rid of muzzle climb, decreasing felt recoil, giving more chance to enhance accuracy. Noisy sound is an unnoticeable trifle for the successful firing result, but not for your hearing, don’t forget about ear protection at the range every time. Well-suitable muzzle brake for a 6.5 Creedmoor should be appropriate weight, size, and construction. Price and brand can help you end up with the best 6.5 Creedmoor muzzle device for your rifle.
- VG6 Precision Gamma 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Device. The Gamma muzzle brake comprises a stylish design with reliable functionality, taming felt recoil, providing faster follow-up shots. Gas vents on the top keep the muzzle rise down. Crush Washer is included in the set. Gamma 65 costs the same as Gamma 65 BBSS, but it’s been better sold up today, with more reviews, although visible difference only in color (65 is black, and 65 BBSS is grey).
- VG6 Precision Gamma 65 BBS 6.5 Creedmoor Muzzle Brake. This Muzzle Device is manufactured with the implementation of the modern engineering techniques: CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) and CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics), due to which exclusive chamber geometries are reached to eliminate recoil and protect the shoulder.
Tags: #6.5 Creedmoor #Muzzle Brake #Review #Best #AR 15 #Ruger #Amercian #Predator #Precision #Rifle #Size #2018 #2019 #2020 #2021 #American
Tactical accessories are another passion of mine that I could write about endlessly - my house and garage are full of tactical gadgets, luckily my family shares my interests.
I'm infatuated with traveling that's why work at one place with a daily routine and standard schedule is not for me. I prefer copywriting and English tutoring as a freelancer. I live in a male family among constant talks about cars, guns, hunting, fishing, and, of course, dinosaurs 😊.
My husband is an obsessed hunter, and my two sons are fans of «Demolition Ranch» of YouTube blogger Matt Carriker. They are my best consultants about weapon and all-around ammunition topics. All together we share a love for adventures. Every camping or mounting hiking trip is a "small survival", giving irreplaceable experiences. Nothing can be better than the satisfaction of observing wild nature.
Motto: «Born in Ukraine, made is the USA».
Read more about our team of expert authors.