What is Tavor’s trigger?🤔
It is an aftermarket trigger assembly designed to replace the factory trigger in IWI Tavor rifles. It features a single-stage design with a light, crisp pull that’s adjustable for the weight of pull and overtravel.
The Tavor trigger is a specialized trigger designed for IWI’s Tavor SAR and X95 weapons.
- 🔷 It features a short, light pull weight with an average of 4.5lb-5.5lb, making it ideal for precision target shooting or competition use.
- 🔷 The trigger has a unique reset feature that provides an audible click and tactile feedback when the trigger resets. It also has a flat face for better placement of the finger.
- 🔷 It offers an adjustable travel stop screw to reduce over-travel, allowing you to get back on target quickly after each shot. The trigger blade is replaceable in case of wear or breakage.
- 🔷 Additionally, the trigger has built-in safety to ensure accidental discharges are prevented.
The Tavor trigger is one of the most reliable and durable triggers on the market. Its lightweight design and self-contained construction make it an ideal choice for any shooter searching for increased accuracy and performance from their weapon.
- ✅ It has a smooth, crisp break with minimal take-up and overtravel, giving you a consistent trigger pull every time.
- ✅ Additionally, its tight frame tolerances provide for a more accurate shot grouping with reduced felt recoil.
- ✅ With its rugged aluminum housing and superior corrosion resistance, the trigger is built to last in all weather conditions.
- ✅ The low-profile design fits comfortably in the user’s hand allowing for improved control during operation while reducing fatigue when engaging targets.
Installing a Tavor trigger is a fairly straightforward process that does not require any special tools or knowledge. However, it is always best to read through the manufacturer’s instructions and be familiar with the parts involved before beginning.
- ➡️ To begin, you will need to gather all of your materials and tools. This includes the replacement trigger, two pins for holding the trigger in place, a socket set or screwdriver (depending on the model), and some oil or lubricant for lubricating any moving parts.
- ➡️ Once you have everything ready, it’s time to start installing your new trigger. Start by taking apart your firearm and locating the rear takedown pin. Use your socket set or screwdriver to remove this pin from its retention hole on either side of the lower receiver. Once removed, you will be able to access the trigger assembly at the bottom of the lower receiver.
- ➡️ Next, use your pins to remove the old trigger assembly from its housing in the lower receiver. Once done, insert your new trigger into its housing until it clicks into place. Then slide both of your pins back into their respective slots on either side of the lower receiver until they are flush with its surface.
- ➡️ Finally, apply a light coat of oil or lubricant to any exposed metal on your trigger before reassembling your firearm according to instructions provided by its manufacturer. Doing so will help ensure that all components are properly lubricated for optimal performance when in use.
Best Tavor Trigger Reviews
1# Timney Triggers IWI Tavor
If you’re searching for a trigger upgrade that will elevate your Tavor to the level of AR-15 match triggers, look no further than the Timney IWI Tavor 4lb two-stage trigger. The fit and finish of this trigger unit are impeccable, with a billet aluminum frame that is anodized in striking gold. The extended bullpup trigger linkage gives the trigger a two-stage feel, and the whole unit is backed by the legendary Timney lifetime no-hassle warranty. Whether you’re a competitive shooter or just looking for a top-quality upgrade, the Timney IWI Tavor 4lb two-stage trigger is a perfect choice.
2# Geissele Automatics Super Sabra Trigger
If you need a top-of-the-line trigger pack that will improve your shooting performance, the Geissele Automatics Super Sabra Trigger is an excellent choice. This drop-in replacement for the OEM trigger pack is made from CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminum and features internal components that are shock and wear-resistant. The nitride finish on the trigger pack gives it an extra level of durability, making it ideal for use in both combat and competition situations. With its lightweight and precision construction, the Geissele Automatics Super Sabra Trigger is an outstanding option for anyone who wants to take their shooting to the next level.
3# Geissele Super Sabra Lightning Bow Trigger
Do you want to get a trigger upgrade for your IWI Tavor rifle? Consider the Geissele Super Sabra Lightning Bow Trigger. Geissele precision-machined this trigger from precipitation hardened 17-4 stainless steel for optimal reliability and durability. The best feature of the Geissele Super Sabra Lightning Bow Trigger Upgrade is that it is adjustable via a set screw that can remove the leeway that is naturally found in the trigger mechanism of the IWI Tavor platform. When adjusted properly, your new trigger will give you a clean, crisp break with every shot.
4# Geissele Automatics Tavor Super Sabra Trigger
Searching for an upgraded trigger for your Tavor rifle? Check out the Geissele Automatics Super Sabra Trigger. This drop-in replacement trigger gives you a smoother, more precise two-stage trigger pull that’s perfect for both distance shooting and close-quarters combat. The first stage of the trigger is user-adjustable, so you can tune the weight distribution to your preferences without compromising the total pull weight. The second stage is fixed at 2 lbs., and the total pull weight can be adjusted from 5.5 to 7.5 lbs. The Super Sabra trigger pack is contained in an aluminum housing for durability, and it’s backed by Geissele’s reputation for quality and performance.
How to lighten the trigger?🛠️
If you’re looking to customize your Tavor and lighten the trigger pull, there are several options available.
- 🔰 One of the most popular and effective methods is installing a reduced power spring kit. This kit replaces the stock springs with lighter ones that reduce the amount of force required for each shot. It’s an easy process that can be done at home or by a competent gunsmith.
- 🔰 Another option is upgrading the trigger components themselves. There are aftermarket drop-in kits available from several manufacturers that will replace the existing parts with lighter-weight versions, allowing you to dial back on hammer spring tension and improve reset speed. While these parts may cost more than just buying a new spring kit, they often provide a higher level of performance.
- 🔰 Finally, if you’re searching for ultimate trigger control and accuracy, consider installing an aftermarket trigger system. These kits feature high-quality components that are designed to reduce pre-travel, over-travel, and reset length while delivering an improved overall break.
😉 No matter which routes you take, ensuring proper installation as well as testing all safety mechanisms before heading out to the range is essential for a safe shooting experience with your Tavor rifle.
The best Tavor trigger is an important part of the rifle and can greatly affect your shooting accuracy. We hope this buyer’s guide has provided you with useful information on what to look for when selecting a trigger, as well as our product reviews and tips about how to get the most out of it. Whether you are searching for competition or recreational use, we believe that one of these triggers should provide you with many years of reliable service!🥰❤️🔥
Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.