What is a reflex sight?🧐
It is a type of optical aiming device that helps you quickly acquire your target and shoot with precision. This device is mounted on the top of your gun, allowing you to keep both eyes open while maintaining focus on the target. It includes an illuminated reticle that remains fixed on the weapon regardless of head or body movement.
When you are searching for a reflex sight, it’s important to understand the features available. Some of these features can have a big impact on your shooting experience, so it’s worth taking the time to look at them in detail.
- ✴️ The reticle type refers to the pattern of lines or shapes displayed inside the lenses. Different reticle types have different shapes and sizes, so it’s important to choose one that fits your needs.
- ✴️ Magnification describes the level of zoom available on a sight. Higher magnification will allow you to see farther away targets better, but can also reduce peripheral vision.
- ✴️ Field of view (FOV) is an important consideration when selecting a sight. It measures how much area you can see through the lens at any given moment and is usually measured in feet or meters. A larger FOV will give you more visibility, while a smaller one will limit what you can see.
- ✴️ Battery life is another important factor to consider when choosing a sight, as it determines how long you can use it before replacing the batteries. Look for a model that offers good battery life, so you don’t have to worry about replacing them too often.
- ✴️ Durability is also an important factor when shopping for a sight. Look for models that are made from strong materials, such as aluminum or steel, that can stand up to regular use and still perform well.
Reflex sights are designed to help you improve your accuracy and quicken target acquisition. This makes them an ideal choice for any shooter who wants to get the most out of their firearms.
- ⭐️ The main benefit is that it allows you to keep both eyes open while shooting, providing a wide field of view and allowing for more accuracy when aiming.
- ⭐️ Additionally, such sights are typically much smaller and lighter than traditional optics, making them easier to mount onto a weapon.
- ⭐️ They also offer greater accuracy than iron sights because you can adjust the reticle placement for windage and elevation without having to move your head or body. This improves accuracy when shooting at close distances and allows you to make precision shots from further away.
- ⭐️ Finally, these sights come with bright illuminated reticles that allow you to easily acquire targets in low-light conditions.
How to pick up the best?🤔
Choosing the best reflex sight can be a daunting task with so many options available on the market. To help you choose, it’s important to know what features and functions are essential to match your needs and preferences.
- 🔍 First, consider the type of gun you plan on using. If you are using an airsoft or pellet gun, then look for a sight designed for those types of firearms. Airsoft guns typically require sights that have low-profile designs to reduce glare and reflections while still providing reliable accuracy. Pellet guns typically require higher profile sights with more magnification settings for long-range shooting.
- 🔍 Next, think about your budget. Such sights come in a range of prices from entry-level models to premium models that may cost hundreds of dollars or more. Decide on how much you’re willing to spend and then narrow down your options accordingly.
- 🔍 Also, consider the size and weight of the sight when making your selection. It needs to be small enough that it won’t interfere with other accessories you may be using on your firearm yet large enough that it provides an adequate field of view so you can accurately aim at targets without losing track of them in dim lighting conditions or complicated environments.
- 🔍 Finally, look for features such as weatherproof construction, adjustable brightness levels, and reticles, as well as compatibility with night vision devices if needed. These additional features will make your sight more versatile and reliable in all sorts of shooting scenarios.
TOP 15 Reflex Sight
1# Trijicon MRO 1x25mm Reflex Sight w/2.0 MOA Dot Reticle
Trijicon offers Reflex Sights with ambidextrous brightness control dials in 5 models, depending on the attachment types: there are MRO Low, 1/3 Co-Witness, Full Co-Witness mount, 1/3 Co-Witness Mount Quick Release, and sight without attachment. The dial of brightness in the middle “off” position and 8 discernible brightness settings make the mount fast and ergonomic.
2# Burris FastFire III Red Dot Reflex Sight
Burris FastFire III Red Dot Reflex Sight has 3 manual brightness settings with an automatic sensor, fine-tuning regulations of windage and elevation (without any tools). There are 3 models of Burris FastFire III Red Dot Reflex Sight, which are available in black with 3-MOA or 8-MOA dot sizes. Shooters can aim with both open eyes due to 1x magnification, making target acquisition faster. The Reflex Sights come with a Picatinny railing option and all necessary accessories. These reflector sights are compatible with shotguns, AR-15 rifles, handguns, carbines, and lever guns, using Burris mounting systems.
3# Vortex Razor Red Dot Reflex Sight
Vortex Razor Reflex Sight consists of exterior anti-reflection premium wide-field lenses, a one-piece chassis with scratch-, dirt- and oil-resistant ArmorTek coating with hard anodized finish, equipped with the option of brightness settings. Don’t wait any longer – order and try the Vortex Razor Reflex Sight just now!
4# Burris FastFire II Red Dot Reflex Sight
The Burris FastFire 2 Red Dot Reflex Sight is a non-magnifying, lightweight (2 oz), fully mounted optics with multi-coated glass lenses and unlimited eye relief, in metal body construction with innovative circuitry. The 4MOA red dot reticle ensures maximum visibility independently of light conditions – from dim to bright. This Burris FastFire II Reflex Sight provides a wide field of view, and an ability to aim with open eyes, as the aiming dot and target are aligned and in focus for accuracy. The Burris Reflex Sights are suitable for paintball guns, home defense, various types of hunting weapons, for semi-automatic handguns that withstand the abuse of slide mounting.
5# Holosun HS510C Circle Dot Open Reflex Sight
The Holosun HS510C Multiple Reticle (3 reticles) Red Dot Sight has a 32mm×24mm open lens and a streamlined body with a shock-resistant protective titanium alloy hood. This reflex sight gives a wide sight picture without vision obstruction with push-button controls. The Holosun HS510C Circle Dot Scope is waterproof (1m deep) and sturdy enough for even the heaviest calibers.
6# Meprolight M21 Self-Powered Day & Night Reflex Sight
Meprolight M21 Reflex Sight is designed for CQC with a protected fiber optic for daytime light gathering and a mini self-powered tritium light source for darkness (with an automatic transition between two light systems) to provide fast target acquisition at any time. Meprolight Reflex Sight with an armored design for combat use has a large 30mm diameter lens with cutting-edge coatings ensuring large FOV. Try it today!
7# Trijicon RMR Dual Illuminated Reflex Sight
Trijicon Triangle Reticle Reflex Sight body is made of forged 7075-T6 military-grade aluminum alloy, ensuring long-lasting sturdiness. RMR Dual Illuminated Reflex Sight has an option for LED illumination brightness and reticle contrast auto-adjustment in any light condition. True-Color multi-coated lens ensures a wide-band light transmission to minimize color alteration of the target area.
8# Swampfox Kingslayer 1×22 Micro Pistol Cut Reflex Dot Sight
The main features of Swampfox Kingslayer Reflex Sight are 22-mm lens diameter, 1x magnification, 3-MOA dot size (with a range of 45 MOA and a total of 90 MOA), 10 illumination positions, 3,000 hours of Max battery life, and settings of MOA (dial) and brightness with an up-&-down digital finger press. Order the Swampfox Kingslayer 1×22 Micro Pistol Cut Reflex Dot Sight today!
9# Sightmark Wolverine CSR LQD Reflex Sight
Sightmark Wolverine CSR LQD Reflex Sights, powered by a single AA battery, with illuminated reticle, unlimited eye relief, digital switch brightness adjustments (with protected caps), having locking, fast detach mount, fit shotguns and short-barreled rifles. The CSR LQD Reflex Sights consist of a rubber-armored single-piece 6061-T6 aluminum body, and lens with scratch-resistant, anti-reflective coating. This reflex sight operates at a wide temperature range, consuming low power.
10# Trijicon 1×42 Reflex Sight
Rugged Trijicon reflex sight is produced from cast A356-T6 aluminum, shines bright with tritium and fiber optic illumination at any ambient lighting conditions, and operates without batteries or external power sources. Don’t miss the opportunity to try the Trijicon 1×42 Reflex Sight just now!
11# Vism SPD Solar Reflex Red Dot Sight
Vism SPD Solar Reflex Sight has unlimited eye relief and 2 MOA Red dots with 5 brightness levels. The SPD Solar Reflex Sight operates from a dual power source: the top-mounted solar cell (in enough sunlight Red Dot turns on automatically) or AA battery (included) is necessary for optics indoors or at night. The brightness level can be adjusted up or down while powering by the battery. The Red Dot centerline is at 1.5in AR15 elevation.
12# Meprolight MOR Self-Powered Day-Night Reflex Sight
Meprolight MOR Reflex Sight with a 30-mm diameter lens and wide FOV for quick target acquisition can be used for passive reflex at any time, and active reflex in special situations with an extra bright LED dot. This red dot optic includes a function of laser designators: red is to sight urban or close quarters, an IR for covert operations. Order it just now!
13# Sightmark Mini Shot M-Spec FMS Reflex Sight
Sightmark produced Reflex Sights of durable lightweight aluminum-alloy shell, steel protective shield, and lens with scratch-resistant coating, featuring 3 MOA red dot reticles, ambidextrous digital switch for brightness adjustments, 10 reticle brightness levels, height, and windage click regulations. Try it today!
14# Leapers Reflex Micro Dot Sight
Leapers used 6061-T6 precision-machined Aluminum with a black matte anodize for Reflex Micro Dot Sight with Green illumination. This 4 MOA Single Dot optic is designed with six Power Intensity adjustments to adapt to various light or weather conditions. The Leapers developed a function of 1-click illumination memory for the Reflex Sight, standing for saving the last power intensity setting that was utilized before turning the sight off. The Leapers Reflex Sight operates with CR2032 batteries, has unlimited eye relief, and low profile Picatinny mounting base, which is compatible with Doctor Footprint.
15# SightMark Ultra Shot M-Spec FMS Reflex Sight
SightMark Ultra Shot M-Spec FMS Reflex Sight is a wide-angle lens system with unlimited eye relief, a patented integrated sunshade, night vision brightness modes, and parallax correction (beyond 10 yards). The reflex sight features an interlocking setting system, 12-hour automatic shut-off, and turning on-and-off activation for motion sensing.
Red Dot vs Reflex vs Holographic Sights💡
Red dot, reflex, and holographic sights are three of the most popular types of optics available for firearms. Each offers unique advantages and disadvantages, and it may be difficult to decide which type would be best suited for a particular application. Let’s take a closer look at the differences between these three sight types to help make an informed decision.
- 📢 Red dot sights are a popular and versatile choice. They are typically made from lightweight materials such as aluminum or polymer and feature an illuminated reticle powered by battery or fiber optics. These red dots are designed to provide rapid target acquisition without entirely obscuring the target. Red dot sights also tend to be more affordable than other options on the market.
- 📢 Reflex sights are similar to red dots in that they use an illuminated reticle, but they utilize a slightly different design with larger lenses and wider fields of view. Reflexes are great for shooters who have difficulty focusing on small objects as well as those who need to quickly transition between targets. However, due to their larger lenses, they can sometimes be bulky and uncomfortable to wear for extended periods.
- 📢 Holographic sights combine the advantages of both red dot sights and reflexes into one package. By utilizing holographic technology these optics provide users with an even brighter reticle along with an increased field of view – making them ideal for situations where fast target acquisition is essential. Holographic sights do tend to come at a higher price point when compared to other sight types but their superior performance often makes them well worth the investment.
😉 Ultimately, which sight type you choose will depend on your specific needs and preferences – so it is important to think carefully before making your purchase! By considering all three options you can ensure that you get the best sight for your particular application!
When it comes to choosing the best reflex sight for your needs, there are many factors to consider. We’ve provided you with an in-depth guide and hope this has given you a better understanding of what is available so that you can make an informed decision when selecting which one is right for your shooting requirements. Thanks for reading and good luck with your purchase!😉👍
Tactical accessories are another passion of mine that I could write about endlessly - my house and garage are full of tactical gadgets, luckily my family shares my interests.
I'm infatuated with traveling that's why work at one place with a daily routine and standard schedule is not for me. I prefer copywriting and English tutoring as a freelancer. I live in a male family among constant talks about cars, guns, hunting, fishing, and, of course, dinosaurs 😊.
My husband is an obsessed hunter, and my two sons are fans of «Demolition Ranch» of YouTube blogger Matt Carriker. They are my best consultants about weapon and all-around ammunition topics. All together we share a love for adventures. Every camping or mounting hiking trip is a "small survival", giving irreplaceable experiences. Nothing can be better than the satisfaction of observing wild nature.
Motto: «Born in Ukraine, made is the USA».
Read more about our team of expert authors.
Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.