Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.
If you need fast reaction and good visibility while shooting especially in bad light conditions, you can upgrade your rifle with a flash hider.
There are two types of their operation: either concealing the flash or reorienting the burning gases muzzle flash through holes or slots in a muzzle device.
Why do we need a 308 flash hider?
The flash hiders ensure the shooters with minimal flash while weapon firing, decreasing the shooting smoke and enhancing visibility. They slightly mitigate recoil, but not as effective as compensators. The flash devices also allow dispelling the kicked-up dirt amount while shooting from a prone position.
Table of Contents
- Best 308 Flash Hider | .308 Flash Hider Reviews
- #1 Strike Industries Venom Muzzle 308 Flash Hider
- #2 SureFire 3-Prong Flash Hider with Suppressor Adapter
- #3 Guntec USA AR-10/LR-308 A2 Birdcage Flash Hider A2 CAGE-308
- #4 Manticore Arms Eclipse 308 Flash Hider
- #5 Guntec USA AR-10/LR-308 Spartan Flash Hider SPA-308
- #6 KAK A2 Birdcage 308 Flash Hider
- #7 Guntec USA AR-10 A2 Predator Flash Hider 308-A2
- #8 Primary Weapons Systems MOD 2 FSC Series Flash Suppressing Compensator
- #9 Guntec USA Stubby Slim Compact Flash Can
- #10 Luth-AR AR-15 .308 A2 Flash Hider/Compensator
- #11 Guntec USA AR-10 Slim Line/Micro Cone Flash Can
- #12 POF USA Flash Hider with Free S&H
- #13 Guntec USA AR-10/LR-308 Centurion Flash Hider CENT-308
- #14 LBE Unlimited AR15 308WIN Birdcage Style 308 Flash Hider
- #15 Guntec USA AR-10/LR-308 Gen 2 A2 Ribbed Birdcage Flash Hider
- How to Install 308 Flash Hider
Best 308 Flash Hider | .308 Flash Hider Reviews
#1 Strike Industries Venom Muzzle 308 Flash Hider
According to the Strike Industries’ advert, their flash hiders deliver rapid diffusion of shooting smoke, which blows up from the barrel and almost fully excludes muzzle flash, ensuring night vision or at low light condition. 15-20 ft-lbs is necessary torque. The timing is not required for these flash hiders, so a crush washer is not needed, but it comes with the kit anyway. These muzzle devices can be combined with a blast shield (you can check the FF-CRD supply at the Strike Industries page).
#2 SureFire 3-Prong Flash Hider with Suppressor Adapter
These flash hiders with a hole on them for pin and welding are equipped with a rear seal, which diminishes potential carbon buildup in the indexing system, making suppressor removal simpler after the long shooting. No modification is required during the installation of many 7.62 mm rifles (with 5/8-24 muzzle threads). The patent-pending Flash Hiders are engineered with three prongs to minimize muzzle flash. The SureFire utilized precisely machined stainless steel bar stock, covered with a black Ionbond DLC to provide dependable protection under severe environmental conditions. These devices are suitable for low or limited-light conditions in team environments. The flash muzzles come with the Rock-sett, Spacer Kit (Shim), and tread-lock installation instructions.
#3 Guntec USA AR-10/LR-308 A2 Birdcage Flash Hider A2 CAGE-308
The Guntec developed all-steel construction Flash Hiders for the AR-10 guns, Gen 2. This Mil-Spec Birdcage Design (type A2) features a closed bottom. The Guntec Flash Hiders are crafted from steel and with a Phosphate finish in Black, come without a crush washer.
#4 Manticore Arms Eclipse 308 Flash Hider
The Eclipse Flash Hider is outfitted with a bit twisted three-prong construction to minimize flash at even complete darkness. The Manticore Arms developed Flash Hiders especially for the .308 and 7.62 mm caliber cartridges; it’s not recommended to use them with larger calibers.
#5 Guntec USA AR-10/LR-308 Spartan Flash Hider SPA-308
These Flash Hiders with multi-porting holes and machined knurled grooves are engineered for AR-10 and LR-308 to ensure reliable performance and sturdiness. The Guntec USA manufactures these muzzle devices from strong Aluminum (T6), with a Nitride finish. The muzzle kit comes with a crush washer.
#6 KAK A2 Birdcage 308 Flash Hider
The KAK Industries developed muzzle devices, which combine superb flash suppression and muzzle climb decrease with a minimal dust signature and blast. The A2 flash hiders are made of Steel and covered with Manganese Phosphate, they don’t come with a crush washer.
#7 Guntec USA AR-10 A2 Predator Flash Hider 308-A2
The Guntec USA crafted well-functional and durable Flash Hiders for AR-10 and LR-308 with A2 Design of Bottom Half Closed. These muzzle devices are made of sturdy steel with a Black Nitride finish.
#8 Primary Weapons Systems MOD 2 FSC Series Flash Suppressing Compensator
Primary Weapons Systems manufactured these compensators from rigid heat-treated Steel (4140), FNC LIFE, developing them in such a way to ensure flash diversion out of the eyesight line and recoil mitigation with every shot. These devices come without a shim set or a crush washer.
#9 Guntec USA Stubby Slim Compact Flash Can
The Guntec USA designed Flash Cans for AR-15 and many slimline thin free-floating handguards. These cans are manufactured of solid aluminum (T6).
#10 Luth-AR AR-15 .308 A2 Flash Hider/Compensator
Luth-AR crafted combined unit of Flash Hider and Compensator, made of Chrome Moly (4140) with Manganese Phosphate finish.
#11 Guntec USA AR-10 Slim Line/Micro Cone Flash Can
These Flash Cans for AR-10 short barrels and many slimline thin free-floating handguards feature great performance, pushing the flash forward and blast downrange, making them nicer to the neighbor shooters. The Guntec USA cans are made of rigid aluminum (T6) with an Anodized finish.
#12 POF USA Flash Hider with Free S&H
These compact Flash Hiders are available in both .223 and .308 models, which are great for minimizing muzzle flash.
#13 Guntec USA AR-10/LR-308 Centurion Flash Hider CENT-308
The Guntec USA developed muzzle devices with Multi Porting Holes, providing a recoil diminishing compensator. These flash hiders are manufactured of sturdy Aluminum (T6) with a Nitride finish.
#14 LBE Unlimited AR15 308WIN Birdcage Style 308 Flash Hider
LBE Unlimited crafted 308WIN muzzle devices, which are compatible with AR-15 rifles. These Flash Hiders come with a Crush Washer.
#15 Guntec USA AR-10/LR-308 Gen 2 A2 Ribbed Birdcage Flash Hider
The Guntec engineered second Generation Flash Hiders for the AR-10 rifles. The Guntec Flash Hiders are made from steel and covered with Black Nitride. This type A2 Mil-Spec Ribbed Birdcage all-steel construction features a closed bottom.
How to Install 308 Flash Hider
- If you want to install a silencer on the flash hider, don’t use a crush washer, which can cause alignment issues and result in a baffle strike, just shoulder it against the barrel.
- During the mounting-dismount unload of the rifle, it should stay empty.
- Check the threads of the barrel and the flash hider, clean them if necessary.
- As grease helps the device hold in place and maintain the pressure to the spring tension, apply a few drops on the washer to decrease friction while turning.
- A crush washer for flash hider isn’t a usual one, it is considered to be a cone-shaped spring that clamps, and at 1/4 turn keeps a 20-28 ft/lbs rotational torque till totally flat.
- The mated surface needs to be the same or bigger than the crush washer contact diameter. The thread profile comes with a proper compression diapason to the muzzle threads.
- Put the washer over the muzzle threads, screw on the flash hider against the washer, and hand it tightly. Swing the device 1/4 turn (about 90 degrees) a bit to clock it duly with a suitable tool or wrench.
- Before shooting, check the due gripping screws’ torque and the flash hider position.
- Inspect long-shot strings every 50 shots, to ensure proper rifle operation.
Flash hiders can be a single-function device, which allows dispersing the firing outbreak, delivering more visibility, concealing the flash from the naked eyes, and allowing you to hide from other shooters if you need. Others can be a combination of flash hider with suppressor or/and compensator. Such reliable complex muzzle units provide both flash dissipation and accuracy enhancement while competitive shooting or hunting. Some Flash Hiders without bottom slots are convenient for prone shooting, such as Guntec USA AR-10/LR-308 A2 Birdcage Flash Hider.
The Best Pick
SureFire 3-Prong Flash Hider with Suppressor Adapter
Due to the pin and welding hole, the flash hiders are easily installed; they can be attached to any of the Surefire Socom suppressors. The rear seal minimizes carbon buildup in the indexing system, making the removal of the suppressor adapter simpler. These Flash Hiders features a flawless thread interface due to the high-precision single-point cut threads
Strike Industries Venom Muzzle Flash Hider
The timing is not required for these flash hiders, so a crush washer is not needed, but it comes with the kit anyway. These muzzle devices ensure comfy vision at night or in low light conditions.
Guntec USA AR-10 Slim Line/Micro Cone Flash Can
These Flash Cans for AR-10 short barrels and many slimline thin free-floating handguards feature great performance, pushing the flash forward and blast downrange.
Tags: #Best #Flash Hider #308 #Muzzle Brake #Sale #Price #Compensator #Reviews #Rotorm.com