Removing a Magpul stock from an AR-15 is a relatively simple process, but it’s important to take care when performing this type of modification to a firearm. Here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
1. Remove the pistol grip and buffer tube from the AR-15. This can be done by unscrewing the pistol grip screws and then pulling the grip and buffer tube assembly off of the gun.
2. Disconnect the recoil spring from the buffer tube. To do this, depress the small button on top of the buffer tube and pull on the recoil spring until it comes free from the tube.
3. Remove the castle nut from the upper receiver using a wrench.
4. Remove the stock from the upper receiver.
And that’s it! With those four steps, you’ll have successfully removed a Magpul stock from an AR-15. Be sure to take care when performing any type of modification to a firearm, and always consult with a qualified gunsmith if you have any questions or concerns.
We also recommend watching a video on how to remove the Standard Stock and Install Magpul MOE SL Stock on M4/AR15 Rifle
1. You can use a heat gun to heat the stock and then use a putty knife or screwdriver to pry it off.
2. You can to use a hammer and chisel to chip away at the adhesive that holds the stock in place.
Care should be taken when removing Magpul stocks, as they can be fragile. It’s best not to apply too much stress or force when removing them, as this could damage the stock or the firearm. If you’re not sure how to remove a Magpul stock, it’s best to consult a gunsmith or other firearms expert.
– You can also use a flathead screwdriver or knife blade to pry open the locking lug on the side of the stock, which will release it from the receiver.
Some people also cut off the lock tab with a pair of wire cutters to remove the stock more easily.
One way to remove a Magpul stock from an AR-15 is to use a screwdriver to unscrew the stock from the buffer tube.
Another way is to use a barrel nut wrench to loosen the barrel nut, and then use a lever tool to pry off the stock.
Finally, you can use a set of pliers to squeeze the release tab and then pull the stock off.
For example, we also recommend watching a video on how to remove MOE stock an M4
Please login or Register to submit your answer