Changing the sights on a Glock 19 is a pretty simple process that anyone can do in just a few minutes. You’ll just need a few basic tools and supplies, like a screwdriver and some replacement sights.
1. Make sure your Glock is unloaded and remove the magazine.
2. Use a punch tool or nail to press out the retaining pin located at the front of the slide. Once the pin is removed, you should be able to pull off the slide stop lever and fully remove the slide from the frame.
3. With the slide-off, take a look at the existing sights. If they’re simply glued on, you can pry them off with a flat head screwdriver. Otherwise, you will need to use a sight removal tool to remove them.
4. Once the old sights are off, you can install the new ones. If they’re not glued on, simply press them into place. Otherwise, use a small amount of glue or adhesive to secure them in place.
5. Once they’re installed, reassemble the slide and replace the retaining pin.
That’s it! Your Glock should now have new sights.
We also recommend watching this interesting video
If you don’t have a sight installation kit, you’ll need a few basics tools:
- a small punch (to remove the old sights);
- an Allen key or hex wrench (to remove and tighten the set screws on the new sights);
- some sort of solvent (to clean up any adhesive residue).
To start, make sure your gun is unloaded, and then proceed to remove the old sights. Once the old sights are off, take a look at the new ones to see how they need to be oriented on the gun. Most sights will have some sort of indicator (a white dot, for example) that needs to be lined up with the front sight.
With the new sights in place, start by tightening down the set screws just enough so that they’re snug. Once both set screws are in place, use the Allen key or hex wrench to give them a final tightening. Make sure not to overtighten, as this can strip the threads.
And that’s it! Your sights should now be properly installed. Be sure to take it to the range and test it out to make sure everything is lined up correctly.
If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to us and we’ll be happy to help. Thanks for reading!
Changing sights on a Glock 19 is a relatively easy task that can be completed in just a few minutes:
1. The first step is to remove the old sights. This can be done by using a sight pusher tool or strategically applying pressure with a punch tool.
2. Once the old sights are removed, simply press the new sights into place. Make sure that the new sight’s dovetail is properly aligned with the slide, and then secure it in place with Sightools or another thread-locking compound.
That’s it! Your Glock 19 should now have crisp, clean new sights.
If you’re looking to change the sights on your Glock 19, there are a few things you’ll need to know first. For one, changing the sights on a Glock 19 is not as simple as it is on other handguns. The reason for this is that the Glock 19 uses a unique locking block pin that needs to be removed to take the sights off. Additionally, the front sight of the Glock 19 is dovetail mounted, meaning that you’ll need a special tool to remove it.
That being said, changing the sights on a Glock 19 is still relatively easy once you know what you’re doing:
1. First, you’ll need to remove the locking block pin by pushing it out from left to right with a small punch.
2. Next, use a sight tool to remove the front sight by pushing it out from right to left.
3. Finally, replace the sights with the new ones and re-assemble the Glock 19.
We also recommend watching a video on the subject of your question
Please login or Register to submit your answer