What is Glock 23 Extended Mag? 🤔
An extended magazine for a Glock 23 is a type of magazine that holds more rounds than the standard that comes with the handgun. The exact capacity can vary depending on the manufacturer, but it is typically between 13 and 15 rounds.
They are often used by law enforcement or those who want the added capacity for personal protection or sport shooting.
An extended magazine for a Glock 23, which is a compact handgun chambered in .40 S&W, can provide several benefits. One of the main benefits is increased capacity, allowing the user to carry more rounds without having to reload as frequently.
Additionally, they can also provide a better grip and improved control over the handgun, making it easier to handle and shoot accurately. Some also include a finger extension on the bottom and that can further improve grip and control.
Extended Mag typically features the same basic design as the standard. Some extended magazines may feature additional features such as:
- ✅ A larger base plate, can provide an additional grip surface and also increases the overall length.
- ✅ An extension of the finger can enhance the grip and handle for individuals with bigger hand sizes.
- ✅ A high-quality spring, which can ensure that feeds reliably and smoothly.
- ✅ Some may be made of different materials, like aluminum, carbon fiber, or stainless steel, which can make them more durable than standard magazines.
Types of Glock 23 Extended Mags 😎
A few different types are available on the market. Some of the most common include:
- ✅ Factory Glock: They are made by Glock and are designed to be a direct replacement for the standard magazines that come with the handgun. They are made to the same high-quality standards as standard magazines and typically have the same capacity as well.
- ✅ Extended magazines made by third-party manufacturers, known as aftermarket extended magazines, are designed to be compatible with the Glock handgun. They may have a different capacity than the standard, and the quality can vary depending on the manufacturer.
- ✅ Capacity:+2 or +3 it’s designed to hold an additional 2 or 3 rounds than the standard. They are often made by third-party manufacturers and may feature additional features such as a finger extension or a larger base plate.
- ✅ High-capacity: Designed to hold a significantly higher number of rounds than the standard, often 30 or more rounds. They are generally used in sport shooting.
What You Need to When Buying Glock Magazines ⚠️
There are a few things to keep in mind to ensure you get a high-quality product that will work well with your firearm. Here are a few tips:
- 🚩 Make sure it is the correct size and caliber for your weapon model. Glock magazines are made for specific models and calibers, and using the wrong can cause damage to your firearm or cause it to malfunction. Check for compatibility with your specific Glock model. Glock mags are not all interchangeable, even within the same caliber and size, сompatibility chart below.
- 🚩 Look for a product made by reputable manufacturers. A variety of manufacturers make Glock magazines, and some are known to be of higher quality than others.
- 🚩 Check the capacity. They come in a variety of capacities, so make sure you choose one that has the capacity you need.
- 🚩 Check for any additional features. Some of them come with additional features such as extended base plates or finger rests, which can make them more comfortable to use and easier to handle.
- 🚩 Purchase from a trusted and reputable dealer. Make sure to purchase from a reputable dealer, such as a gun store or online retailer, to ensure you are getting a high-quality product.
- 🚩 It’s worth noting that extended magazines are not legal in all states and municipalities so it’s important to check the local laws and regulations before purchasing.
Best 🚀 Glock 23 Extended Mag Reviews
1# Glock Model 22/23/27/35 Magazine
Genuine Factory Magazines for Glock® pistols are the best choice for top performance and reliability. Made according to standards in Austria, it is crafted to ensure your weapon operates at factory standards consistently. They are an ideal option for individuals seeking to ensure optimal performance from their firearm.
They come with a round count indicator on the rear face of the body, which makes it easy to keep track of how many rounds are left. They also feature the standard factory baseplate, which is the same that comes with the original that was included with your pistol. This ensures that the magazine fits securely and smoothly in your firearm.
When it comes to your firearm’s performance, trust in the quality and reliability of Genuine Factory Magazines. They are manufactured to the highest standards and are built to last, giving you the confidence to rely on your firearm in any situation.
2# Glock Model 23 40 S&W Magazines
Factory-produced 13-round magazine for .40 S&W Glock 23 Gen 4 handguns, specifically designed for him. They are engineered to provide reliable performance in a compact design. Made from durable polymer and reinforced with full-length steel inserts, feature steel spring wire internals and numbered holes for easy monitoring of rounds.
The strong spring rate ensures smooth functioning even in demanding conditions. While loading may be challenging initially, regular use will make the process easier over time. To make loading factory magazines more manageable, it is suggested to use a loading tool. It will make loading more efficient by making the process simpler.
3# Glock Model 23 .40 S&W Magazine 3 Pack
It is designed for use with the GLOCK pistol in the 40 S&W caliber and offers an increased release of energy in the target, making them ideal for urban use. Each magazine has a capacity of 10 rounds.
They are known for their compatibility with magazines within a caliber. It can also be used as backup. This model features an innovative polymer frame that eliminates the need for grip shells. It has been designed to maximize space in the body, resulting in a double-row staggered cartridge configuration. This provides for a higher capacity of rounds and more firepower compared to other conventional pistols of similar size. This design feature makes it a top choice for those who require a reliable, high-performing, and easy-to-conceal mag that also offers superior firepower.
It is are built to withstand harsh conditions, with a stiff metal tube encased in a high-tech polymer that resists deformation from drops. This ensures that they will function properly even in extreme conditions.
4# KCI USA 31rd Magazine 40 S&W
The KCI 31-round .40 S&W for Glock® is designed to help you spend more time sending lead down range and less time reloading. Constructed to be durable and ensure consistent feeding, this high-capacity magazine is designed for heavy use.
Built with a polymer outer sleeve reinforced with a stainless steel liner, similar to the factory, this is compatible with both G22 and G23 pistols. The spring is made of tempered chrome silicon steel wire, which may require loading and unloading several times with .40 S&W ammo before it will accept its total 31-round capacity. It can be partially loaded and left overnight to prepare the spring and facilitate the insertion of a full load later.
It is compatible with both Gen3 and Gen4 Glock® 22 & 23 pistols. With an ambidextrous mag release, this is versatile and at an affordable price, you can stock up and double your .40 S&W Glock firepower.
5# KCI USA 50rd Drum Magazine
The KCI 50-round drum magazine for Glock® 22 / 23 is designed to reduce the downtime spent loading mag. It is made of strong reinforced polymer and steel and equipped with a heat-treated chrome silicon spring, making it durable and able to feed smoothly and reliably. The ratcheted lever system makes loading all 50 rounds effortless and fast, without causing finger strain.
It is compatible with all Gen3 or later Glock 22 / 23 pistols in .40 S&W caliber, and also works well as a high-capacity option for .40 S&W-chambered carbines that use Glock, such as the Lone Wolf AR-15 carbine and Kel-Tec’s Sub 2000. With sturdy steel and polymer construction, and a quick load lever for easy, fast reloads, this 50-rd drum mag from KCI is a great option for increasing your firepower.
6# Pro Mag Drum Magazine .40 S&W
This is a 50-round drum magazine built for compatible Glock pistols chambered in .40 S&W. It is perfect for owners of pistols who want to increase their firepower and feel left out of the extended mag market, which typically focuses on 9mm guns.
Made in the USA, it is constructed using a proprietary Zytel polymer, which provides added strength and durability. The top section is reinforced with a steel insert that runs its full length, similar to the construction of the original magazines. This insert is stamped and welded in place. Additional reliability is provided by the heat-treated stainless steel spring and the injection-molded follower.
It is designed to last through years of range time and comes in an all-black finish, a great option for those looking for a high-capacity mag.
7# Evike AW Custom Adaptive Airsoft Drum Magazine
The Evike AW Custom Adaptive Airsoft Drum Magazine is a versatile and high-capacity choice for airsoft players. It is designed to be used with GBB (Gas Blowback) pistols and rifles, making it a great addition to any arsenal. This features an injection-molded polymer body that is lightweight yet durable enough to withstand the rigors of field use.
The easy-to-use winding mechanism ensures proper feeding, and the mag has a huge capacity of 400 rounds, providing more firepower than others. The magazine stem is made of metal which provides durability and the easy-to-fill design features a large gas reservoir that allows for long-lasting use.
An ideal option for airsoft enthusiasts seeking a large capacity and dependable.
Aftermarket Mags vs. Factory Mags ⚖️
Aftermarket and factory magazines for handguns both have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Factory mags are made by Glock and are designed to work seamlessly. They are made to the same specifications as those that come with new handguns, so you can be sure they will fit and function correctly. Factories are often considered to be more reliable and durable than aftermarket magazines, and they usually carry a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer. Despite offering benefits such as increased capacity and improved grip and control, extended can be more expensive than their aftermarket counterparts.
Aftermarket magazines are made by other manufacturers and are designed to work with Glock handguns. They can be a more affordable option, but the quality and reliability of aftermarket magazines can vary greatly. Some of them are made to the same specifications as the factory and can be just as reliable, while others may be of lower quality and may not function as well. It’s important to research and purchase from reputable aftermarket manufacturers.
In summary, factory magazines are more expensive but are more reliable and durable and carry a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer, while aftermarket magazines can be more affordable but the quality and reliability can vary.
Extended magazines can provide increased firepower and reduce the need for reloading. It is crucial to verify the laws and regulations in your state to guarantee that the use of the magazine is legal before purchasing or using it. Additionally, the choice between metal and polymer magazines is a matter of personal preference and the specific requirements of the user.
In terms of reliability, they are known for their durability and are trusted by military and law enforcement worldwide. It is important to research and consider your options before making a decision on which extended magazine to use with your Glock 23! 😎🔥
Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.