⚫️ Drum Magazine is…
⇢ a specific type of firearm magazine that has a cylindrical shape, resembling a drum. It is designed to hold and feed a larger number of cartridges compared to traditional box or stick magazines. Drum magazines are typically used in firearms that require a high rate of fire or have a large ammunition capacity.
- ✔️ High-quality Construction: It is built with durable materials and precision engineering, ensuring long-lasting performance and reliability.
- ✔️ Large Capacity: With ample storage capacity, the drum magazine allows you to load and fire a greater number of rounds without the need for frequent reloading, providing uninterrupted shooting experiences.
- ✔️ Easy Loading: It is designed for convenient and hassle-free loading. It incorporates user-friendly mechanisms that simplify the process, saving you time and effort.
- ✔️ Smooth Feeding: The drum magazine is engineered to deliver consistent and smooth feeding of ammunition into the firearm. This feature reduces the chances of jams or misfires, enhancing your shooting efficiency.
- ✔️ Ergonomic Design: This features an ergonomic design that promotes comfortable handling and enhances your overall shooting experience. It is crafted to fit securely and snugly into your firearm, providing stability and control.
- ✔️ Quick Release Mechanism: A quick-release mechanism is incorporated into this magazine, allowing for swift and effortless removal when needed. This feature enables you to switch between magazines quickly, enhancing your shooting speed and flexibility.
- ✅ Extended Shooting Time: The large capacity ensures that you can shoot for longer durations without interruptions, maximizing your shooting enjoyment and training sessions.
- ✅ Increased Firepower: By allowing you to load a higher number of rounds, it significantly increases the firepower at your disposal. This is particularly advantageous in situations where a higher volume of fire is required, such as in competitive shooting or self-defense scenarios.
- ✅ Enhanced Efficiency: The smooth feeding mechanism reduces the likelihood of malfunctions or interruptions during shooting. This enhances your overall shooting efficiency, allowing you to focus on your target and perform at your best.
- ✅ Improved Reloading Speed: With the drum magazine’s easy loading and quick release mechanisms, reloading becomes faster and more convenient. This saves you valuable time during shooting competitions or critical situations where every second counts.
- ✅ Comfortable Handling: The ergonomic design ensures a comfortable grip, minimizing hand fatigue and strain during extended shooting sessions. This translates into improved accuracy and control.
- ✅ Versatile Applications: Whether you’re an avid shooter, a professional law enforcement officer, or military personnel, it provides the versatility and reliability you need. It adapts to various shooting disciplines and requirements, allowing you to excel in your chosen field.
⚪️It has a cylindrical shape and typically offers a higher ammunition capacity compared to standard box magazines. They are commonly used in rifles, submachine guns, and light machine guns. 🔐After deep research, our team revealed some of the main types:
- 🔵 Pan magazines➔ features a flat, disc-shaped design with a central spindle. The cartridges are arranged in a circular pattern around the spindle. Pan magazines were historically used in early machine guns such as the Thompson submachine gun.
- 🔵 Drum magazines ➔ have a cylindrical shape and typically sit on top of the firearm. They can hold a large number of rounds and are often used in light machine guns. They may use a coil spring mechanism or a rotary feed system to deliver ammunition to the firearm.
- 🔵 Coffin magazines ➔ are elongated magazines that have a rectangular or coffin-like shape. They are typically used in belt-fed machine guns to provide a large ammunition capacity while maintaining a compact profile.
- 🔵 Helical magazines ➔ feature a spiral feed system that allows cartridges to be stored in a spiral configuration around a central axis. This design enables a high ammunition capacity while maintaining a relatively compact size. Helical magazines are often used in bullpup-style firearms.
- 🔵 Beta C-Mag ➔ is a popular brand of dual drum magazines. It consists of two separate drums mounted side by side, providing a high ammunition capacity without significantly increasing the size of the magazine.
Best Drum Magazine Reviews
1# Pro Mag Drum Magazine
At last, Glock .40 S&W owners have a high-capacity drum magazine option! The Pro Mag Glock 22/23 Drum Magazine holds 50 rounds of .40 S&W ammunition for extended range time and fewer reloads. Built using tough Zytel polymer for lasting durability, this magazine features a full-length steel insert reinforcement for extra strength. Don’t be left out at the range or in a self-defense situation, make sure you have a Pro Mag Glock 22/23 Drum Magazine in your gun!
2# Pro Mag Saiga 12 Drum Magazine
The Pro Mag Saiga 12 Drum Magazine is perfect for a three-gun competition. With its high capacity and fast reloading, you’ll be able to dominate the competition field. This magazine is made from hard-wearing, injection-molded polymer for reliable service. The access cover keeps out dirt, dust, and debris, yet can be removed for cleaning or maintenance. Minor fitting may be required due to varying tolerances on Saiga shotguns; fitting instructions are included. The 20-Rd model features a thumb-activated slide assist to retain the spring and help you load rounds quickly. The 12-Rd model features a translucent cover to see how many rounds remain.
3# Pro Mag Saiga 12 Gauge Shotgun Drum Magazine
The Pro Mag Saiga 12 Gauge Shotgun Drum Magazine holds up to 12 rounds of 12 gauge 2-3/4 inch ammunition, making it a great choice for self-defense and plinking. The magazine is made of high-impact super strong black polymer with steel reinforcement inserts for added durability. The drum has an overall diameter of five inches.
4# Pro Mag Drum Magazine For Glock
The Pro Mag Drum Magazine For Glock is the perfect accessory for your Glock 9mm pistol. With a 50-round capacity, it gives you plenty of firepower for whatever situation you might find yourself in. The magazine body is constructed of a tough DuPont Zytel-based polymer, and the follower and spring are made from high-quality materials for durability and reliability. Plus, it’s made in the USA!
5# Pro Mag AR Drum Magazine
This 50-round drum magazine from Pro Mag is an essential piece of kit for anyone who owns an AR-308 or .308 Cal AR-type rifle. It’s made from DuPont Zytel polymer for durability, with heat-treated stainless steel feed lips and a magazine catch. The patented design ensures compatibility with most AR-308 / .308 Cal AR-type rifles using LR-308 (DPMS) or SR-25 pattern magazines, while the injection-molded magazine follower ensures smooth operation.
6# Pro Mag CZ Scorpion Drum Magazine
Looking for a high-quality magazine for your CZ Scorpion? Look no further than the Pro Mag CZ Scorpion Drum Magazine. This magazine is made from a proprietary Zytel-based polymer that is both durable and easy to shoot. The upper feed tower features a carbon-steel lip reinforcement that is overmolded to aid in durability and lubricity. This magazine gives you the chance to run your gun longer, making it the perfect choice for those who want to get the most out of their CZ Scorpion.
7# Pro Mag AR-15 Drum Magazine
Looking to give your AR-15 a serious firepower upgrade? Look no further than the Pro Mag AR-15 Drum Magazine. With a whopping 65 rounds of ammo at your fingertips, you’ll be ready to take on any target. The stamped steel feed lips and magazine catch ensure reliable feeding, while the DuPont™ Zytel® based polymer construction ensures durability. And with an injection-molded follower and magazine spring made from heat-treated chrome silicon wire, you can trust this mag to function flawlessly time and time again.
8# Pro Mag Drum Magazine
The Pro Mag Drum Magazine for Glock 48/43X pistols is the perfect way to increase your firepower. This high-capacity magazine gives you twice the capacity of a standard magazine, so you can keep shooting longer before having to reload. The Zytel-based polymer construction is extremely durable, and the clear housing lets you see exactly how many rounds are remaining. The Pro Mag Drum Magazine is the ideal choice for self-defense, competition shooting, or simply range training. Order yours today!
9# ProMag Saiga Shotgun Drum Magazine
If you’re looking for a high-capacity magazine for your Saiga tactical shotgun, you’ll want to check out the ProMag Saiga Shotgun Drum Magazine. This tough, reliable magazine holds 20 rounds of 2-3/4″ shells, perfect for taking your shotgun to the next level. constructed of rugged black polymer, it’s built to last and made in the USA. So don’t settle for anything less, get your hands on a ProMag Saiga Shotgun Drum Magazine today!
10# Kci Usa, Inc. Drum Magazine
The 50-round drum magazine from KCI USA, Inc. is perfect for anyone who wants to spend less time reloading at the range. This magazine is also an excellent way to increase the capacity of a 9mm Luger chambered AR-15 that uses Glock® pistol magazines. It’s constructed of lightweight reinforced polymer with steel reinforcements, and it comes with a chrome silicon spring for smooth, reliable feeding.
11# Kci Usa, Inc. AK-74 Drum Magazine
This KCI 95-round drum magazine is perfect for your Kalashnikov 5.45x39mm rifle! It’s made of black polymer and has a clear polymer front plate. The high-tensile compression springs keep the ammo moving, while the metal followers act like ball bearings to help prevent misfeeds and jams. The dual-drum setup has an alternating feed system that draws one round from one drum, then the next round from the other drum, keeping you fed and in action.
12# Thompson Drum Magazine
The Tommy Gun, the Chicago Typewriter, the Trench Sweeper – all well-known nicknames for the Thompson Submachine Gun. Both lawbreakers and law enforcers favored this hard-hitting, compact weapon. And now it’s finally available for airsoft! Complete your Thompson with the infamous Thompson drum mag! Made out of metal parts, where it should be metal, is! Compatible with all Marui system Thompson M1A1 Typewriter series rifles by Tokyo Marui, CYMA, Cybergun, King Arms, and Snowwolf. 450-round high-capacity magazine!
How to load a Drum Magazine properly? 🔧
Loading typically involves the following steps. 🛑However, please note that the exact procedure may vary depending on the specific make and model you are using. Always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific magazine if available. 📝Based on the results of our testing, here’s a general guideline:
|1️⃣ Ensure the drum magazine is empty and the firearm is unloaded: Before loading any magazine, make sure the firearm is unloaded and the chamber is empty. Safety should always be the top priority.
2️⃣ Familiarize yourself with it: Take a moment to inspect the magazine and locate any specific loading mechanisms or features it may have. Different magazines may have unique loading methods, so it’s essential to understand the design.
3️⃣ Disassemble it if required: Some drum magazines have a disassembly feature that allows for easier loading. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to take apart the magazine if necessary.
4️⃣ Prepare the ammunition: Gather the appropriate ammunition for your firearm and ensure it is in good condition. Check for any signs of damage or deformities that could affect its performance.
5️⃣ Insert the first round: Insert the first round into the magazine. The specific method will depend on the design of the magazine. It may involve placing the round into a specific slot or tray within the magazine.
|6️⃣ Continue loading rounds: Proceed to load additional rounds into the magazine one by one. Again, refer to the magazine’s instructions for the specific loading method. Some models have a loading lever or mechanism that you need to engage while inserting each round.
7️⃣ Rotate the magazine if necessary: Some drum magazines have a rotating mechanism that allows for the continuous feeding of ammunition. If your magazine has this feature, make sure to rotate it as you load each round to ensure proper alignment.
8️⃣ Verify the capacity and secure the magazine: Pay attention to its capacity, as it may vary depending on the model. Once you’ve loaded the desired number of rounds, ensure they are securely seated within the magazine.
9️⃣ Reassemble the drum magazine if required: If you disassembled the magazine earlier, carefully reassemble it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
🔟 Attach it to the firearm: Once it is loaded and assembled, attach it securely to your firearm following the appropriate procedure for your specific firearm model.
⚠️ Always prioritize safety and follow all relevant firearm handling and loading guidelines.
🎥 Here is an example of loading:
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional drummer, having the right drum magazine can help take your playing to the next level. With this buyer’s guide, we hope that we have helped you identify which type is best for your needs and answered any questions you may have had about purchasing one. As always, make sure to read reviews before making your purchase decision. Now that you know all there is to know about these magazines go ahead and get ready to rock out! 😉
Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.