You will need the following parts and tools to install the AR-15 lower parts kit:
- A vise block to secure the rifle in a vise (a regular bench vise will work as well);
- An AR-15 lower parts kit;
- A roll pin punch set;
- A hammer;
- Needle nose pliers;
- 9/64 Allen wrench.
Next, follow the simple instructions:
1. Start by placing your rifle in the vise block and securing it so that it cannot move. Make sure the barrel is pointing down and the muzzle is pointing away from you.
2. Next, use the roll pin punch to remove the takedown pin detent spring and detent from the receiver.
3. With the spring and detent removed, you can now remove the takedown pin.
4. With the takedown pin removed, you can now separate the upper and lower receivers.
5. Now that the receivers are separated, you can start to install the parts from the lower parts kit.
6. Start by installing the magazine catch into the receiver.
7. Next, install the bolt catch spring and detent it into the receiver.
8. With the spring and detent in place, you can now install the bolt catch.
9. Continue installing the parts from the lower parts kit in this order:
- Safety selector
- Trigger guard
- Pistol grip
10. Once all the parts from the lower parts kit are installed, you can now install the buffer tube and stock.
11. To install the buffer tube, first, insert it into the receiver and thread it on until it is tight.
12. Next, install the stock onto the buffer tube.
13. Finally, re-install the takedown pin, detent, and spring.
14. Your AR-15 lower parts kit installation is now complete!
- the lower parts kit itself;
- a firearm wrench;
- a barrel nut wrench;
- an upper receiver vise block.
1. Remove the pistol grip and all of the internals from the lower receiver.
2. Install the buffer tube into the receiver and then screw on the castle nut using the castle nut wrench.
3. Then tighten down the buffer tube using the firearm wrench. Install the buffer spring and buffer into the buffer tube and then install the bolt carrier group.
4. Install handguards if desired. For more detailed instructions, please see your owner’s manual.
The first step is to install the pistol grip. Use the Allen wrench to secure it in place.
Next, install the buffer tube using the punch and Allen wrench. Make sure that it is properly aligned.
Next, install the hammer and trigger pins using the punches. Be careful not to damage them. Install the takedown pin detent and spring next.
Then install the selector switch detent and spring.
Finally, install the magazine release button and spring.
Make sure everything is properly aligned before tightening down all of the screws.
- a vise block, bench block, or some other way to hold the receiver in place; a takedown pin punch;
- a hammer;
- a screwdriver.
1. Place the AR 15 receiver in the vise block, bench block, or holding device of your choice.
2. Use the takedown pin punch to push out the takedown pin.
3. Remove the pistol grip and stock using the screwdriver and hammer.
4. Install the new pistol grip and stock using the screws that come with the parts kit.
5. Re-install the takedown pin by pushing it back into place with the punch.
That’s it! You have now installed an AR -15 lower parts kit.
Please login or Register to submit your answer