Remington 870 shotguns are popular firearms for hunting and home defense. Despite their popularity, many owners are not familiar with how to disassemble their shotgun for cleaning or maintenance.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to disassemble a Remington 870 shotgun:
1. Make sure the gun is unloaded. Remove the magazine tube and check the chamber to make sure there are no rounds in the gun.
2. Lock the action open by pulling back on the fore-end and depressing the action lock lever located on the left side of the receiver.
3. Unscrew the barrel nut clockwise until it is loose enough to remove by hand. The barrel can now be removed from the receiver.
4. The bolt can now be removed by depressing the bolt release located on the right side of the receiver and pulling the bolt out of the gun.
5. The trigger assembly can now be removed by unscrewing the two screws that hold it in place (one located in front of the trigger, one behind).
With the trigger assembly removed, the final step is to remove the fore-end. This can be done by unscrewing the two screws that hold it in place (one located in front of the trigger guard, one behind).
That’s it! Your Remington 870 shotgun is now disassembled and ready for cleaning or maintenance. Be sure to check the owner’s manual for more information on how to properly care for your shotgun.
Also be sure to watch the video on the subject of your question
1. First, unscrew the screw that holds the forend in place and remove the forend.
2. Next, open the action and check that the chamber is empty. Then, take out the barrel by depressing the release latch and sliding the barrel forward.
3. With the barrel removed, you should be able to see the bolt assembly. Use a punch or a small screwdriver to depress the firing pin retainer and remove it from its groove. This will allow you to remove the firing pin, spring, and spring guide rod.
4. You can now take out the magazine tube by sliding it forward until it clears the barrel extension.
5. Finally, remove the stock by unscrewing the two screws that hold it in place.
With the shotgun disassembled, you can now clean and lubricate all of the parts. Be sure to reassemble the shotgun in the reverse order of disassembly.
The process of disassembling a Remington 870 shotgun is quite simple and can be done in just a few minutes.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. First, make sure that the gun is unloaded. Remove the magazine tube and then open the action to check that there are no rounds in the chamber.
2. Next, take off the barrel from the receiver. You will need to loosen the barrel nut, which is located at the front of the magazine tube support assembly. Once loose, slide the barrel off of the receiver.
3. Now you can remove the M-Lok forend by unscrewing two screws that hold it in place (one on each side).
4. The next step is to take out the trigger assembly. This can be done by first removing the stock, then unscrewing two screws that hold the trigger assembly in place.
5. Finally, you can remove the magazine tube and spring. To do this, simply unscrew the magazine cap and then slide the magazine tube and spring out of the receiver.
Although slightly different models may have slight variations, in general, the process of disassembling a Remington 870 shotgun is as follows:
1) Unload your shotgun and point it in a safe direction.
2) Find the release button behind the trigger guard and press it to remove the fore-end assembly.
3) Take off the barrel by unscrewing it from the receiver.
4) Remove the magazine tube cap, located at the end of the magazine tube, and take out the spring and follower.
5) Pull the bolt handle to the rear and remove the bolt assembly from the receiver.
6) Remove the trigger plate assembly by unscrewing the two screws that hold it in place.
7) Take out the action bars and springs from the trigger plate assembly.
8) To reassemble, reverse these steps.
1. Remove the ammunition from the gun.
2. Remove the magazine cap and unload the shell elevator by pressing down on the operating handle lock.
3. With the Barrel retainer ring unscrewed and removed, take off the barrel from the receiver.
4. Unscrew and remove the fore-end from the magazine tube then separate the action slide assembly from the receiver by releasing unlock button located in front of the trigger guard plate then pull it towards you. That’s it! Now you can clean your shotgun thoroughly before putting it back together again.
If you’re just cleaning the gun, you can follow these simple steps:
1. Make sure the gun is unloaded by opening the action and visually examining both the chamber and magazine tube.
2. Remove the barrel by unscrewing the barrel nut at the front of the receiver (left-handed threads).
3. Separate the fore-end assembly from the receiver by pushing in on the rectangular tab at the back of the trigger guard assembly and then pulling forward on the fore-end (the fore-end may also be attached by a retaining pin that will need to be driven out).
4. The bolt assembly can now be removed from the receiver by pulling it to the rear and then lifting it out.
5. Finally, the trigger assembly can be removed by unscrewing the two screws that hold it in place.
If you need to replace any parts, such as the recoil spring or firing pin, you will need to disassemble the gun further. For detailed instructions on how to do this, consult your owner’s manual or a qualified gunsmith.
Please login or Register to submit your answer