It is important to clean your AR-15 barrel regularly to ensure optimal performance and accuracy. Here is a basic guide on how to clean your barrel:
1. Make sure that the gun is unloaded and pointed in a safe direction.
2. Remove the bolt carrier group and charging handle from the upper receiver.
3. Use a brush or patch saturated with solvent to clean the carbon and fouling from the barrel’s interior surfaces. Be sure to get into the rifling grooves.
4. Rinse the barrel with hot water, then dry it thoroughly.
5. Apply a light coat of gun oil to the bore before reassembling the weapon.
We also recommend watching a video with a simple way to clean the barrel of your AR-15
Cleaning an AR-15 barrel is a relatively simple process. First, you’ll need to gather some supplies:
- Barrel cleaner
- Bore brush or cleaning rod
- Patch holders
- Q-tips or other cotton swabs
To clean the barrel, first wet a bore brush with barrel cleaner and insert it into the barrel.
Give the brush a few twists to coat it with cleaner.
Remove the brush and insert a patch holder.
Soak a patch in barrel cleaner and attach it to the patch holder.
Push the patch holder through the bore of the barrel until it comes out the other end.
Twist it a few times to help loosen up any debris.
Remove the patch and repeat the process until the patches come out clean.
Once the barrel is clean, you can move on to cleaning the rest of the firearm.
Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning your specific model of gun.
Don’t forget to watch the video
Also you can to use a chemical cleaner that strips the carbon deposits from the barrel.
And yet another is to use a polishing rod and solvent to clean and polish the barrel.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to follow all safety instructions and wear appropriate protective gear.
There are a few ways to clean an AR-15 barrel:
- One is to use a bore brush with solvent, and then follow up with a patch to remove the loosened debris.
- Another is to use a jag and cleaning rod, with solvent and then patches.
- A third method is to use a bore snake.
Whichever method you choose, it’s important to make sure that all the solvent has been removed from the barrel before firing it, as the solvent can cause damage to the barrel over time.
Also watch a video on how to completely clean the AR-15
Please login or Register to submit your answer