There are a few ways to remove the rear takedown pin on an AR-15:
- The most common way is to use a punch or nail to push out the detent and spring that hold the takedown pin in place.
- Another way is to use a flathead screwdriver to pry up the takedown pin retainer, which will release the takedown pin.
- A third way is to use the bolt carrier key as a lever to push out the takedown pin.
When reassembling the gun, it’s important to make sure that the detent and spring are in place so that the takedown pin can’t fall out accidentally. The detent can be inserted into its hole by using your thumb or finger, and you can use a punch or nail to help push the spring into place. Once the spring is in place, you can insert the takedown pin and make sure that it’s locked in by pushing on the retainer.
- You can use a tool designed specifically for the purpose, such as the Pivot Pin Tool by Magpul.
- Also you can use a standard bullet (or another pointed object), and insert it into the hole at the front of the takedown pin while gently pushing down on the spring-loaded button at the rear of the pin.
- You can use a flat-head screwdriver or other thin, sturdy object to pry up on the takedown pin until it pops out of its groove.
No matter which method you choose, be careful not to lose or damage any of the small parts that make up your AR-15. Also, remember to always keep your finger off the trigger and pointed it in a safe direction when working on your firearm.
To remove the rear takedown pin on an AR-15, first, ensure that the gun is unloaded and pointed in a safe direction.
Then, use a punch or small Allen wrench to push out the pin.
Once it’s been pushed out, pull the upper and lower receivers apart to separate them.
To reassemble the gun, reverse these steps.
Be sure to push the takedown pin back into place securely so that it doesn’t come loose during firing.
There are a few different ways to remove the takedown pin on an AR-15:
- One is to use a punch or a screwdriver to push out the pin from the right side of the gun.
- Another way is to use a hammer and nail to tap out the pin from the left side of the gun.
- A third way, which is probably the easiest, is to use a specially designed tool called an “AR-15 takedown tool” that pushes and pulls on the takedown pin at the same time. This tool can be purchased online or at most sporting goods stores.
We also recommend watching a video on the subject of your question
There are a few ways to remove the rear takedown pin on an AR-15.
One way is to use a punch or small screwdriver to push out the detent and then lift the takedown pin out from the other side.
Another way is to use a gas block removal tool, which will push both the detent and takedown pin out at once.
And yet another way is to use needle-nose pliers or similar tool to grip the detent and pull it out, allowing the takedown pin to be lifted out from the other side.
Please login or Register to submit your answer