There are a few things you’ll need to know before installing a Magpul RVG vertical grip on your AR-15.
- First, you’ll need to make sure that your rifle has a Picatinny rail system. The RVG is designed to fit onto standard Picatinny rails, so if your rifle doesn’t have one, it won’t work.
- Second, you’ll need to make sure that the grip is compatible with your weapon’s configuration. Not all grips are compatible with standard AR-15s; some are designed for use with left-handed shooters, while others are designed for use with bullpup rifles.
- Finally, you’ll need to make sure that you have the tools and knowledge necessary to complete the installation. Many AR-15s come with instructions on how to install a Magpul RVG vertical grip, but if yours doesn’t, you can find several helpful tutorials online.
Magpul RVG vertical grips are one of the most popular aftermarket accessories for the AR-15. They’re relatively inexpensive and easy to install, and they offer several advantages over standard grips. For one, they allow you to maintain a firm grasp on your weapon even when wearing gloves. Additionally, they provide a more ergonomic grip that can improve your control and accuracy. And finally, they offer a sleek, tactical look that can make your AR-15 stand out from the crowd. If you’re looking for an easy way to upgrade your AR-15, a Magpul RVG vertical grip is a great place to start.
Installation of the Magpul RVG vertical grip is pretty simple. Just follow these steps:
1. Remove the screws from the grip panel on the bottom of your firearm. There should be two screws located in the front and two in the back.
2. Slide off the old grip panel and set it aside.
3. Install the new grip panel by aligning it with the screw holes on your firearm and replacing the screws you removed in step 1. Make sure that when you are installing your new grip panel, it is oriented in such a way that will allow you to comfortably reach all of the Fire Control Functions (Trigger, Magazine Release, etc.) on your firearm.
4. Enjoy your new Magpul RVG vertical grip!
You can use either an M-LOK or KeyMod rail, and there are also several mounting positions you can choose from.
Here’s a quick guide on how to do it:
1. Start by choosing the right mounting position for your grip. There are three options: bottom, middle, or top. The bottom position is the most popular because it offers the most control and stability. The middle position is good for people who want more flexibility with their grip, and the top position is perfect for shooters who want to keep their hands closer to the barrel.
2. Once you’ve chosen a mounting position, you’ll need to select the appropriate rail. If you’re using an M-LOK rail, you’ll need to use the Magpul M-LOK RVG grip (MAG602). If you’re using a KeyMod rail, you’ll need to use the Magpul KeyMod RVG grip (MAG603).
3. With the grip in hand, line up the two slots on the bottom of the grip with the two holes on the rail.
4. Insert the screws that come with the grip and tighten them until their snug. Be careful not to overtighten, as this can strip the threads.
5. That’s it! You’ve now successfully installed your Magpul RVG vertical grip.
Also, you will need to determine the correct placement for the grip on your rifle. The best way to do this is to hold the rifle in the shooting position and visualize where you would like the grip to be. Once you have determined the correct placement, use a tape measure or ruler to mark out the spot where you will be installing the grip.
Once you have made these measurements, use a drill or screwdriver to make a pilot hole in the marked spot. Next, take the grip and thread it onto the rail system. Finally, use a wrench or pliers to tighten the grip into place.
Next, take the RVG vertical grip and slide it onto the rail on top of the gun barrel. The grip should fit snugly against the rail and should be held in place by two metal retaining pins. If it’s not fitting tightly, you may need to file down the edges of the grip until it fits correctly.
Once the grip is in place, replace the handguard and tighten the screws. Now your AR-15 is ready to go with a new vertical grip!
The installation process is fairly simple:
- First, remove the screws from the original grip with the hex key or Allen wrench.
- Then remove the old grip and replace it with the new RVG vertical grip.
- Align the screw holes and reattach the screws using either hand pressure or a hex key or Allen wrench. That’s it!
Please login or Register to submit your answer