To clean a Remington 870 shotgun, you will need:
- A cleaning kit specifically for shotguns
- Gun oil
- Soft cloths or rags
- Brake cleaner (optional)
1. Disassemble the gun. Check your owner’s manual for specific instructions on how to do this. Some guns can be taken apart with a simple twist of the wrist, while others require the use of a special tool. Make sure all the parts are clean and free of debris before moving on to step 2.
2. Use the cleaning kit to scrub all the internal components of the gun with a soft cloth or rag until they are free of any fouling or grime. Make sure you remove all traces of the old oil before applying new oil.
3. Apply gun oil to all the moving parts of the gun, including the barrel, action, and trigger assembly. Wipe off any excess oil with a clean rag.
4. Reassemble the gun. Check your owner’s manual for specific instructions on how to do this.
5. Use brake cleaner to clean the outside of the gun. This will remove any oil or fingerprints that may be on the surface of the gun. Wipe off the cleaner with a soft cloth or rag.
Your Remington 870 shotgun is now clean and ready for use. Thanks for reading!
We also recommend watching a video on how to clean and lubricate your Remington
There are a few basic steps that you need to take to clean your Remington 870 shotgun:
1. The first thing you should do is remove the barrel and the stock from the gun. Once they are removed, you can begin to clean the barrel using a brush and some solvent. Be sure to clean the inside of the barrel as well as the outside.
2. Use a cleaning rod to clean the action of the gun. Be sure to use plenty of solvents and make sure to get into all of the crevices.
3. Reassemble the gun and give it a final cleaning. Be sure to check all of the screws and make sure they are tight.
Also attached is a video on the subject of your question
1. First, make sure the gun is unloaded and pointed in a safe direction.
2. Next, use a cleaning rod with a cloth patch attached to clean the barrel of the gun. You can also use a wire brush to scrub away any accumulated dirt or debris.
3. After cleaning the barrel, use a solvent to clean the action of the gun.
4. Be sure to wipe down all surfaces and chambers with a clean cloth.
5. Finally, lubricate all moving parts of the gun with gun oil.
This will help keep your shotgun in good condition and functioning properly.
Step 2: Disconnect the barrel from the receiver and remove the bolt.
Step 3: Soak all parts in a solvent such as a brake cleaner, then scrub them with a brush.
Step 4: Rinse the parts with water and dry them off.
Step 5: Lubricate all moving parts with gun oil. Reassemble the gun and it’s ready to go!
Please login or Register to submit your answer