A Remington 870 is one of the most popular shotguns on the market, and for good reason. It’s reliable, affordable, and easy to use.
But even the best guns need occasional maintenance, and that calls for disassembly. This can be a little tricky if you’ve never done it before, but with our step-by-step guide, you’ll be a pro in no time.
Here’s how to remove the forend on your Remington 870:
1. Start by making sure your gun is unloaded.
2. Next, locate the takedown pin (it will be on the left side of the receiver). Using your thumb and forefinger, push the pin from left to right until it stops.
3. Now you can pull the forend away from the receiver. Be careful not to lose the action spring (it’s located underneath the forend).
And that’s it! You’ve successfully removed the forend from your Remington 870.
Now you can clean and inspect the internals of your shotgun to make sure everything is in working order. Thanks for choosing Gunivore!
We also recommend watching this video
If you’re looking to remove the forend on your Remington 870, there are a few things you’ll need to do:
- First, remove the magazine cap and slide the forend assembly forward.
- Next, unscrew the lug nut located in front of the trigger guard.
- With the lug nut removed, you should be able to slide the forend off of the shotgun.
Before reassembling your shotgun, make sure that all of the moving parts are lubricated with proper gun oil. This will help keep your shotgun in good working order and prevent any potential jams or other problems. Once you have everything oiled and in place, simply reverse the process to reattach the forend assembly. Be sure to tighten the lugnut securely before using your shotgun again.
We also recommend that you watch this video
- First, make sure that the gun is unloaded and that there is no ammunition in the chamber.
- Next, locate the two pins that hold the forend in place – one will be located at the front of the gun, near the muzzle, and the other will be located at the rear, near the receiver.
- Once you’ve found these pins, simply press them out with your fingers or a small tool such as a punch or an Allen wrench.
- With both pins removed, the forend should come right off – if it’s stuck, give it a gentle tap with your hand until it comes loose.
That’s all there is to it! Removing the forend on your Remington 870 is a quick and easy process that anyone can do. Just make sure that the gun is unloaded before you begin, and be careful not to lose the two small pins. With a little bit of care and patience, you should have no trouble getting the forend off in no time. Thanks for reading!
The good news is that removing the forend on a Remington 870 shotgun is relatively easy and only takes a few minutes. All you need is a Phiips head screwdriver and something to catch the springs (we recommend using an expended shell casing).
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Start by unscrewing the magazine cap from the end of the barrel. Be sure not to lose the magazine spring or follower.
2. Next, unscrew the forend screw from underneath the receiver (it’s located just in front of the trigger guard).
3. With both of these screws removed, you should now be able to slide the forend off of the barrel. Be careful, as two springs will try to shoot out from under the forend as you remove it.
4. Once the forend is off, you can proceed with cleaning your shotgun as normal. To reassemble, simply follow these steps in reverse order.
And that’s all there is to it! Now you know how to remove the forend on a Remington 870 shotgun for cleaning purposes. Happy shooting!
- First, make sure that the gun is unloaded and that the chamber is clear.
- Next, take off the magazine cap and unscrew the barrel retainer ring.
- With those two parts removed, you should be able to slide the forend off of the gun.
Please login or Register to submit your answer