There are a few things you can do to polish the feed ramp on a 1911:
1. Use a wire brush to clean off any dirt or corrosion.
2. Apply some gun oil or CLP to the ramp and wipe it down.
3. Use fine-grit sandpaper to smooth out any imperfections on the surface.
4. Finally, use a polishing compound to give it a shine.
There are a few ways to polish a feed ramp on a 1911:
- One way is to use a Dremel tool with a polishing wheel.
- Another way is to use emery cloth.
- A third way is to use a wire brush.
Whichever method you choose, make sure that you clean the area well before you start polishing, and be careful not to damage the finish on the barrel or slide. Also, make sure that the polishing wheel or cloth is not too coarse, or you could damage the feed ramp.
One popular method is to use a Dremel tool with a small sanding drum, which can be purchased from most hardware or home improvement stores.
First, remove any debris or fouling from the ramp using a brush or other tool.
Then, wet-sand the ramp using light pressure and short strokes. Be sure to keep the area wet while sanding.
Finally, polish the ramp with a fine-grit buffing wheel or cloth.
To polish a feed ramp on a 1911, you’ll need some polishing compound, a small brush, and some oil. First, apply the polishing compound to the brush and then use it to apply the compound to the ramp. Rub the ramp with the brush until it is shiny. Then apply oil to a cloth and wipe down the ramp to remove any remaining polish.
There are a few ways to polish the feed ramp on a 1911:
- One way is to use a Dremel tool with a polishing wheel, or you could use fine sandpaper.
- Another way is to use a product called “Feed Ramp Polish” made by Brownells. It’s a chemical compound that can be applied with a brush, and it will help to remove any build-up or corrosion on the feed ramp and make it shiny again.
Whichever method you choose, make sure to clean the area thoroughly before polishing.
Please login or Register to submit your answer