- Always make sure your gun is unloaded before attempting to change the sights.
- Consult your owner’s manual for specific instructions on how to change the sights on your particular Glock model.
- Use a properly fitting screwdriver or another tool to loosen and remove the old sights.
- Install the new sights, making sure to line them up correctly with the barrel of the gun.
- Tighten screws securely once the installation is complete.
The Glock sights are generally changed by drifting them out of the dovetail and then replacing them with a new set. There are specialty tools that can make the process easier, but they are not strictly necessary.
The first step is to get the gun properly cleaned and lubricated. Once that is done, remove the slide from the frame. On the rear of the slide, there is a small rectangular hole where the sight will be removed. Use a punch or drift tool to push out the old sight from that hole.
Once it is removed, insert the new sight and use either a hammer or vise to secure it in place while you drive it back into position using the drift tool. Make sure that it is fully seated before putting the slide back on the frame.
You may need to adjust the sight once it is installed, but that can usually be done with a few taps of a mallet.
You can find the best Glock parts here. Thank you for reading!
There are a couple of ways to change Glock sights.
The first way is to use a sight pusher. This tool pushes the old sight out of the dovetail and then pushes the new sight into the dovetail.
The second way is to use a hammer and brass punch. This method takes a little more patience because you have to gently tap the old sight out of the dovetail and then tap the new sight into the dovetail.
Whichever method you choose, make sure that you protect your gun’s finish by using either a cloth or some tape between the gun and the tools.
We also recommend that you watch a video on installing Glock sight:
- First, remove the slide from the frame of the gun.
- Next, use a punch or other sharp tool to remove the rear sight from the slide.
- Finally, install the new rear sight and reattach the slide to the frame.
For more detailed instructions, please consult your Glock owner’s manual or a reliable online resource.
If you are unsure how to adjust your Glock sights, it is best to consult with a gunsmith or take your firearm to a local gun shop for assistance. Improper adjustment of Glock sights can result in decreased accuracy and could even damage your firearm.
More accessories for your Glock can be found here.
Please login or Register to submit your answer