Many people consider it bad to keep magazines loaded because they believe it will damage the springs. Others feel that you are inconveniencing yourself by having to take the time to reload when you could have simply kept the mags loaded in the first place. There are pros and cons to both sides, so ultimately it comes down to a matter of personal preference.
We also recommend that you watch this video
If you choose to keep your magazines loaded, there are a few things you can do to help prolong their life:
– First, make sure to use quality Ammo.
– Second, clean your magazines regularly.
– Third, only load them to capacity when you plan on using them; partially loading them puts less stress on the springs.
It is bad to keep magazines loaded because it can lead to accidental discharge.
There are a few different ways that magazines can come into contact with the firing pin and result in an accidental discharge:
1. One way is if the magazine spring isn’t strong enough to keep the rounds in place, and they end up hitting the firing pin as the gun moves around.
2. Another way is if there’s too much tension on the magazine spring, and it pushes the rounds up high enough so that they hit the firing pin.
3. And finally, even if the magazine is properly loaded and there’s no danger of rounds slipping out, moisture or dirt can get inside and cause corrosion that will eventually make the gunfire by accident.
However, storing ammo loaded in magazines does have one major advantage: it allows you to be ready to use your firearms at a moment’s notice.
If you keep your magazines unloaded, you will have to take the time to load them before being able to use your guns, which could cost precious seconds in a self-defense situation.
It depends on what type of magazines you are keeping loaded.
If you are referring to gun magazines, it is generally a good practice to keep them loaded. This helps ensure that the firearm is always in condition zero and ready to use in case of an emergency. However, it is important to periodically unload and clean the firearms to prevent any build-up of dirt or rust.
We also recommend that you watch a video on the subject of your question
If you are referring to other types of magazines such as those for a rifle or a pistol, it is not generally necessary to keep them loaded. It may even be dangerous to do so, as this can increase the chances of an accidental discharge. It’s best to store these types of magazines unloaded and check them regularly for any wear or damage.
Please login or Register to submit your answer