To reload .308 ammunition, you will need the following supplies:
- brass cases
Step 1. Start by cleaning the cases using a case cleaner or tumbler.
Step 2. Next, measure out the required amount of powder and then place it in the case. Make sure to use a powder scale to get the measurements precise.
Step 3. Finally, insert a primer into each case and seat the bullet. You can use a reloading press or hand tools to do this.
We also recommend watching a step-by-step instructional video
You can use a progressive reloader, a turret reloader, or a single-stage reloader.
Progressive Reloaders: A progressive reloader allows you to load multiple rounds of ammunition at once. This type of reloader is ideal for experienced shooters who are looking to produce large quantities of ammo quickly.
Turret Reloaders: A turret reloader is similar to a progressive reloader, but it allows you to load only one round at a time. This type of loader is ideal for beginners or those who are looking to produce smaller quantities of ammo.
Single Stage Reloaders: A single-stage loader is the most basic type of loader and it allows you to load only one round at a time. This type of loader is ideal for those who are new to reloading or those who want to produce small quantities of ammo.
.308 ammunition can be reloaded by following these simple steps:
- Collect all the components of a 308 cartridge–bullet, powder, case, and primer.
- Inspect the bullet for damage and discard it if necessary.
- Pour a measured amount of powder into the case.
- Seat the bullet into the case using a reloading press or hand tool.
- Prime the cartridge with a reloading primer.
- Repeat these steps for each cartridge.
Based on all of the above, here are some more tips on the subject:
- The first is that you need to make sure that you are using the correct dies and crimp die for your particular reloading process.
- Also, you need to make sure that you are using the correct powder charge for your rifle.
- And finally, you need to make sure that your cases and primers are in good condition and properly seated.
For reloading 308 ammunition you can to use a cast-iron reloading press and mechanical loader. The cast-iron reloading press is heavy, but it is relatively inexpensive.
Another is to use a progressive reloading press, such as the Hornady Lock-N-Load AP. The progressive reloading press is more expensive, but it is faster and easier to use than the other two types of presses.
Also, you can to use an “O” frame press, such as the Lee Breech Lock Challenger Single Stage Press. The “O” frame press is also relatively inexpensive, but it is slower than the other two types of presses.
We also recommend that you watch the video about reload .308 ammunition with Lee Classic Loader
Please login or Register to submit your answer