To clean a lever action rifle, you will need a few supplies:
- Rifle cleaning kit
- Gun solvent
- Bore brush
- Cotton swabs
- Gun oil or lubricant
1. The first thing you should do is inspect the barrel of your rifle for any signs of wear or damage. If there are any apparent problems, take the rifle to a gunsmith for repairs.
2. Next, use the bore brush to scrub the inside of the barrel. Be sure to use plenty of solvents to help loosen any dirt or fouling.
3. Rinse the barrel with clean water and dry it off with patches.
4. Then use the cotton swabs and q-tips to clean the small parts of the rifle, such as the trigger assembly and bolt.
5. Finally, apply a thin layer of gun oil or lubricant to all moving parts.
It’s important to clean your lever action rifle after each use to ensure that it continues to function properly and remains in good condition.
Here’s a basic guide on how to clean a lever action rifle:
1. Make sure the rifle is unloaded and pointed in a safe direction before beginning.
2. Use a bore brush (or patches) to clean the barrel of the gun, making sure to remove all the built-up fouling and lead.
3. Apply gun solvent to a cloth and wipe down all of the metal parts of the gun, including the barrel, receiver, and bolt.
4. Use another cloth soaked in gun solvent to lubricate all of the moving parts of the rifle, including the lever, trigger, and hammer.
5. Finally, use a clean cloth to wipe away any excess solvent or lubricant.
With proper care and cleaning, your lever action rifle will provide you with many years of enjoyment and service.
We also recommend that you watch this video
There are a few things you should do to clean your lever action rifle.
Make sure the gun is unloaded and pointed in a safe direction before proceeding.
- First, use a bore brush to clean out the barrel of the gun.
- Follow up by using a cleaning patch to get any remaining dirt or residue out of the barrel.
- Next, use a Q-tip or other small tool to clean out the action of the gun. Be sure to remove all of the built-up grease and dirt from inside the mechanism.
- Finally, use a cloth or brush to apply a light coat of gun oil to all metal parts of the gun. Wipe away any excess oil.
1. Start by removing the barrel from the stock and breaking it down into its parts.
2. Use a bore brush to clean out the barrel, making sure to remove all of the built-up gunk.
3. Apply some cleaning solution to a patch and run it through the barrel, then wipe it dry with a cloth.
4. Repeat this process for the other parts of the rifle, including the receiver, bolt, and firing pin.
5. Lubricate all of the moving parts with gun oil before reassembling the rifle.
If you have any further questions about cleaning a lever action rifle, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.
For starters, you’ll need some solvent, gun oil, a brush, and a rag.
- First, pour some solvent onto the rag and use it to wipe down the barrel of the rifle.
- Next, use the brush to scrub the barrel and then apply some gun oil.
- Finally, use the rag to wipe off any excess oil.
Be sure to also clean the receiver and bolt of the rifle using solvent and gun oil.
A lever action rifle should be cleaned every time you shoot it. The best way to clean a lever action rifle is to use a gun cleaning kit that includes a bore brush, patches, solvent, and oil.
- First, remove the barrel from the stock and disconnect the firing pin.
- Then, use a bore brush to scrub the barrel with solvent.
- Follow up by using patches to clean the barrel until it’s free of dirt and solvent.
- Finally, reattach the barrel to the stock and reassemble the firing pin.
- Lubricate all moving parts with oil before putting the rifle away.
Please login or Register to submit your answer