What is a Nickel Boron BCG? 💡
This is a bolt carrier group for AR-15 rifles that have been coated with a nickel boron material. The coating provides increased lubricity, corrosion resistance, and durability for smoother operation and easier cleaning.
|🌟 Enhanced Lubricity: The nickel boron coating reduces friction and provides a slick surface for smoother cycling of the firearm’s action.|
|🛡️ Corrosion Resistance: The coating improves the BCG’s resistance to corrosion, ensuring durability even in harsh conditions.|
|🧼 Easy to Clean: The nickel boron surface is easy to clean due to its low friction properties, allowing for hassle-free maintenance.|
|💪 Enhanced Durability: The coating increases the BCG’s resistance to wear and tear, extending its lifespan.|
|⚙️ Drop-in Compatibility: It is designed to fit seamlessly into standard AR-15 platforms, making it easy to install without any modifications.|
|🔄 Reliable Cycling: The slick surface of the BCG promotes smoother cycling, contributing to reliable and consistent firearm operation.|
|🎯 Minimal Maintenance: The nickel boron coating reduces fouling and buildup, requiring less frequent cleaning compared to traditional BCGs.|
|🌧️ All-Weather Performance: The corrosion resistance of the nickel boron coating ensures reliable functioning even in wet or humid environments.|
|⚡️ Improved Performance: The low friction properties of the coating can contribute to better overall firearm performance, including reduced recoil and improved cycling speed.|
|💰 Long-Term Value: While it may come at a slightly higher cost, the enhanced durability and ease of maintenance of a Nickel Boron BCG can provide long-term value and reliability.|
- 🔩 Bolt: The bolt is a crucial component that locks into the barrel extension and contains the firing pin and extractor.
- 🕹️ Carrier: The carrier houses the bolt and is responsible for cycling the action of the firearm.
- 🔧 Cam Pin: The cam pin fits into the carrier and interacts with the cam slot on the bolt, controlling the rotation and unlocking of the bolt.
- 🔩 Firing Pin: The firing pin strikes the primer of the cartridge, igniting the propellant and firing the round.
- 💥 Extractor: The extractor claws onto the rim of the spent casing, pulling it out of the chamber during the extraction process.
- 🔩 Extractor Spring: The extractor spring applies tension to the extractor, ensuring a secure grip on the casing for reliable extraction.
- 🧺 Ejector: The ejector helps expel the spent casing from the firearm after extraction.
- 🧲 Gas Rings: The gas rings provide a seal between the bolt and the carrier, preventing gas leakage and ensuring proper cycling.
- 🔩 Bolt Cam Pin Retaining Pin: This pin holds the cam pin in place, preventing it from rotating or becoming dislodged during use.
|🌧️ All-Weather Performance: The corrosion-resistant properties of the coating make the BCG suitable for use in different weather conditions, including wet or humid environments.||⚡️ Reduced Fouling: The nickel boron coating reduces fouling and carbon buildup, minimizing the need for frequent cleaning and improving reliability.|
|🛡️ Superior Corrosion Resistance: The coating provides excellent protection against corrosion, extending the BCG’s lifespan and ensuring reliable performance in various conditions.||💪 Increased Durability: The coating enhances the BCG’s durability, reducing wear and tear and increasing its resistance to scratches and abrasions.|
|🧼 Easy to Clean: The low friction properties of the nickel boron coating make it easier to clean and maintain the BCG, saving time and effort.||⚙️ Reliable Performance: The slick surface of the Nickel Boron BCG promotes consistent and reliable cycling, minimizing malfunctions and improving overall firearm performance.|
|🌟 Enhanced Lubricity: The nickel boron coating reduces friction, resulting in smoother operation and improved cycling.|
Best Nickel Boron BCG Reviews
1# American Built Arms Company Bolt Carrier Group
The AB Arms PRO Advanced Rifle Bolt Carrier Group is specially made to have exacting tolerances and surface finishes. These Bolt Carrier Groups by American Built Arms Company are built of 8620 steel and coated in Nickel Boron with a Nickel Boron coated bore, so you’ll need nearly no lubrication. The extractor of the American Built Arms Co PRO 5.56 BCG is made from aircraft-grade E4140 steel and is coated in manganese phosphate to provide superior extraction during each fire. Drop-in ready, this AB Arms NiB Bolt Carrier Group is the perfect addition to any MSR.
2# Black Rain Ordnance Bolt Carrier Group
Looking for a top-of-the-line bolt carrier group for your .308 rifle? Look no further than the Black Rain Ordnance Bolt Carrier Group. This top-quality BCG is made from nickel boron and features the Black Rain Ordnance biohazard engraving on the spine of the carrier. It’s perfect for those who want only the best for their .308 caliber rifle.
3# Black Rain Ordnance Bolt Carrier Group
This Black Rain Ordnance Bolt Carrier Group is perfect for any AR build. It features a nickel boron finish that’s smooth and easy to clean, and it’s compatible with .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO rounds. Plus, the right-handed design ensures comfortable use and quick access to your ammo.
4# Brownells Bolt Carrier Group
Looking for a high-quality and affordable bolt carrier group for your AR-15 or M16? Look no further than the Brownells M16 5.56 Complete Bolt Carrier Group. This BCG is built and tested to provide flawless operation in any AR-15 or M16 and features a bolt fabricated from 9310 steel with a heat-treated and shot-peened finish. The bolt carrier itself is built using 8620 steel with a hardened finish, and the whole BCG is completed with a nickel-boron coating. Plus, the extractor features a rubber insert and spring for reliable operation, and the gas-key screws are torqued and staked for security.
5# FailZero Bolt Carrier Group
Looking to improve your rifle’s function? The FailZero Bolt Carrier Group is the answer. All essential parts are coated with EXO nickel boron, which provides permanent dry lubricity and increased durability. Plus, the coating reduces friction to enhance performance. Installation is quick and easy – this is a drop-in part that will fit seamlessly into your firearm. Upgrade your rifle today with the FailZero Bolt Carrier Group.
6# FosTech Outdoors AR-15 Complete Bolt Carrier Group
The Echo AR-II and Echo Sport are designed to function with the standard full-auto M16 cut Nickel Boron Bolt Carrier Group. This bolt carrier group is designed to be reliable and durable, allowing you to take your shooting experience to the next level.
7# LBE Unlimited Bolt Carrier Group
This nickel boron-coated bolt carrier group is perfect for AR-15 enthusiasts who want the best performance and durability possible. The nickel boron finish provides uniquely smooth action and exceptional resistance to wear, making this BCG ideal for high-volume shooting.
8# XTS BCG-N Bolt Carrier Group
The XTS BCG-N Bolt Carrier Group was designed to be the ideal choice for anyone in need of a high-quality product. Made with long-lasting and efficient components, this bolt carrier group will be useful for a long time. Created with some of the most practical materials and design, this bolt carrier group from XTS is sure to last.
9# Rise Armament Bolt Carrier Group
Looking for a top-quality bolt carrier group? Look no further than RISE Armament’s advanced M16 BCG with nickel boron finish. This unit is precision manufactured and individually inspected to ensure high-level performance. It’s coated with nickel boron to reduce friction and improve overall performance, ensuring a smooth, reliable shooting experience. Plus, it comes MPI tested and features a bolt made from 9310 tool steel heat treated and case hardened. Don’t miss out – order your RISE Armament Bolt Carrier Group today!
10# Walker Defense Research Bolt Carrier Group
The Walker Defense Research nickel boron bolt carrier group is designed to provide shooters with greater reliability, easier cleaning, and better lubricity. This bolt carrier group is made to exacting quality standards and is magnetic particle inspected. As a result of using this product, we found that the nickel boron finish provides a durable coating that reduces wear and corrosion.
11# Walker Defense Research Titanium Bolt Carrier Group
Looking for a top-quality titanium bolt carrier group? Look no further than Walker Defense Research. The titanium bolt carrier group is made to exacting quality standards and is approximately 67% of the mass of a traditional steel full-auto profile bolt carrier group. The bolt itself features a nickel boron coating for heat dissipation, ease of cleaning, better lubricity, and enhanced reliability. Plus, this titanium bolt carrier group comes with an Ionbond DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coating for exceptional durability.
12# WMd Guns Bolt Carrier Groups
Looking to get the most out of your AR-15? Then you need a WMD Guns bolt carrier group! These precisely machined and coated components result in a super-smooth, harder-than-chrome surface that reduces friction to the bare minimum. This means faster, cleaner shooting with less wear and tear on your rifle. Plus, the NiB-X coating is impervious to corrosion and abrasion, so your bolt carrier group will stay looking and performing great for years to come.
13# WMD Guns Bolt Carrier Groups
These bolt carrier groups are machined to precise government M16 specs and coated with WMD’s proprietary NiB-X® nickel boron coating. Based on our own experience this coating creates a smooth, hard surface that is resistant to friction and corrosion. It also makes cleaning up much easier as carbon will not adhere to the surface. If you’re a competitive shooter or high-volume shooter, this is the ideal choice for you. Get your WMD Guns bolt carrier group today and enjoy the benefits of this top-of-the-line product.
14# WMD Guns Bolt Carrier Group
This bolt carrier group is perfect for anyone looking for a reliable and easy-to-clean option. The NiB-X coating guarantees that the BCG will last longer than any other on the market, and the components are polished to reduce fouling adherence. This is an especially beneficial option for those using short barrel setups or suppressed platforms.
- 🔧 Ensure Safety: Before starting any firearm-related work, ensure the firearm is unloaded and follow proper safety protocols.
- 🧰 Gather Tools: Gather the necessary tools, including a punch, hammer, and appropriate wrenches for your specific firearm.
- 🔩 Remove Existing BCG: Remove the existing bolt carrier group (BCG) from the firearm by pulling back the charging handle and removing the retaining pin, then sliding out the BCG.
- 🧹 Clean and Inspect: Take the opportunity to clean and inspect the upper receiver and other components, ensuring they are free from debris or fouling.
- 💡 Familiarize with New BCG: Familiarize yourself with the new Nickel Boron BCG and its components, ensuring all parts are present and in good condition.
- 🧲 Insert Bolt into Carrier: Insert the bolt into the carrier, ensuring it slides smoothly and aligns properly with the carrier key.
- 🔧 Align Cam Pin: Align the cam pin with the cam slot in the bolt and insert it fully. Rotate the cam pin until it aligns with the carrier key.
- 🔩 Insert Cam Pin Retaining Pin: Insert the cam pin retaining pin to secure the cam pin in place. Ensure it is fully inserted and properly aligned.
- 🧰 Apply Lubrication: Apply a light coating of lubrication to the relevant parts of the BCG, following the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- ⚙️ Insert BCG into Upper Receiver: Insert the BCG into the upper receiver, aligning it with the barrel extension and ensuring proper engagement.
- 🔩 Reinstall Charging Handle: Reinstall the charging handle by sliding it into the upper receiver and securing it in place.
- 🧹 Perform Function Check: Perform a function check by ensuring the BCG moves freely, the charging handle operates smoothly, and the firearm functions as expected.
- 🔧 Test Fire: Finally, take the firearm to a safe and appropriate location to conduct a test fire, ensuring proper functioning and reliability of the BCG.
Watch this video to find more information 💻
The Nickel Boron BCG offers several advantages for firearm enthusiasts. Its enhanced lubricity, corrosion resistance, and ease of cleaning make it a desirable choice for many shooters. The hardness of the coating provides durability and wear resistance, contributing to reliable performance. However, it is important to follow manufacturer guidelines, avoid excessive lubrication, and handle the BCG with care. Overall, this BCG can be a valuable upgrade to enhance the performance and longevity of your firearm. 🤩🛒
Affiliate Disclosure: Rotorm.com sometimes gets paid for listings, through sponsors or affiliate programs like Amazon, Optics Planet, Lucky Gunner, Brownells, Cabelas, Rainier Arms, 5.11 Tactical, Bass Pro Shop, etс. Clicking a link helps keep Rotorm.com free, at no extra cost to you!
About the author: Each article on our site is written by experts in survival and tactical equipment, gun enthusiasts, extreme travelers, military, law enforcement and desperate professionals, read about the author at the bottom of the article or visit "About Us" page.
Note: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.