There is a lot of debate on what the best barrel length is for a 308 AR-10, and ultimately it comes down to personal preference. There are advantages and disadvantages to both short and long barrels, so it is important to weigh all options before making a decision.
Short barrels (less than 20 inches) offer increased maneuverability in tight spaces but tend to be less accurate than longer barrels. They also have a shorter effective range and produce more felt recoil. However, they are lighter weight and easier to carry around.
Longer barrels (20 inches or more) offer increased accuracy and range but can be cumbersome to carry around. They also produce less felt recoil. However, they are heavier and can be difficult to maneuver in tight spaces.
Here are some things to consider when deciding on barrel length:
- Intended use: Are you using your AR-10 for target shooting, hunting, or self-defense?
- Weight and maneuverability.
- Felt recoil.
Ultimately, the decision on barrel length is up to the individual.
There isn’t a “best” barrel length for a 308 AR-10, as it depends on what you plan to use the rifle for.
- If you’re just target shooting, then a longer barrel may be better as it will give you more accuracy and range.
- If you’re looking for a hunting rifle or a home defense weapon, then a shorter barrel may be more practical.
- If you plan to use it primarily for long-range shooting, then a longer barrel length may be better to maximize accuracy.
- If you need a more compact weapon for close-quarters combat, then a shorter barrel length may be preferable.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide what barrel length works best for your needs.
There is no definitive answer to this question, as there are many factors that can affect what is the best barrel length for a 308 AR-10.
The most important factor is likely to be what you intend to use the rifle for – if you’re planning on using it primarily for long-range shooting, then a longer barrel length will be more beneficial in allowing you to achieve greater accuracy.
However, if you need a more compact rifle for close-quarters situations, then a shorter barrel length may be preferable.
It’s important to experiment with different barrel lengths and find what works best for you and your specific purpose.
- As far as general guidelines go, most experts recommend a 20-inch or 24-inch barrel for a 308 AR-10 used for long-range shooting.
- For close-quarters situations, a 16-inch barrel is typically considered the optimum length.
Again, though, these are general guidelines and you should ultimately choose the barrel length that best suits your needs.
If you’re still unsure about which barrel length to choose, it might be helpful to speak with a gunsmith or other firearms expert. They’ll be able to offer more specific advice based on your individual needs and shooting style.
- If you are looking for a long-range rifle, then a longer barrel length will be better as it will give you more accuracy and reach.
- If you are looking for a shorter, maneuverable rifle then a shorter barrel length may be better suited for your needs.
Ultimately, the best barrel length for your 308 AR-10 will be the one that best suits your particular shooting requirements.
Please login or Register to submit your answer