There are a few key things you’ll need to clean your AR-15 for the first time:
- Gun Cleaning Solvent
- Bore Brush
- Gun Oil
- Rag or Towel
1. Start by unloading your AR15 and verifying that it is unloaded. NEVER point a loaded gun at anything you’re not prepared to shoot.
2. Remove the barrel from the upper receiver and attach the bore brush. Use gun cleaning solvent to saturate the bristles of the brush, then scrub the inside of the barrel with steady pressure. Be sure to go all the way down the bore – you don’t want any built-up fouling left in there!
3. Once you’ve scrubbed the barrel, remove the bore brush and swab it out with a clean rag or towel. Next, apply gun oil to a clean patch and run it down the bore. This will help protect your barrel from rust and corrosion.
4. Finally, reassemble your AR15 and store it in a cool, dry place. That’s it – you’re done!
Be sure to watch the video, which shows the whole process of cleaning AR-15 step by step
Congratulations on your new AR-15! This rifle is a marvel of engineering and is capable of incredible accuracy. To get the most out of your rifle, it’s important to keep it clean and well-maintained
Here are a few tips for cleaning your AR15 for the first time:
- Make sure the gun is unloaded and pointed in a safe direction before you begin cleaning.
- Disassemble the gun according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Each rifle varies, so be sure to read your owner’s manual carefully.
- Clean all components with a solvent and brush, then dry them off with compressed air or a cloth. Be sure to clean the barrel thoroughly, inside and out.
- Apply a light coat of oil to all metal surfaces, then reassemble the gun.
That’s it! Your AR-15 is now clean and ready for action.
1. Disassemble the gun and remove all the parts.
2. Clean the barrel using a bore brush and solvent. Rinse with water and dry completely.
3. Clean the bolt carrier group using a brush and solvent, then rinse with water and dry thoroughly.
4. Clean the receiver using a cloth and solvent, then rinse with water and dry completely.
5. Reassemble the gun.
Make sure you follow these steps carefully to clean your AR15 correctly the first time. Now that you know how to do it, you can keep your gun in top condition by cleaning it regularly. Thanks for reading!
It is recommended that you clean your AR15 for the first time by following these simple steps:
- Make sure the gun is unloaded and pointed in a safe direction.
- Remove the magazine and lock back the bolt carrier group.
- Use a bore brush to clean the barrel of carbon build-up and copper residue.
- Swab out the barrel with a cleaning solvent.
- Lubricate all moving parts with gun oil.
- Reassemble the rifle and test fire it to make sure it’s working properly.
If you are looking for more detailed instructions on how to clean your AR15, please consult your gun’s owner’s manual or watch the video
Please login or Register to submit your answer